Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ward Re-Warded

Go down 
+3
Velmeran
Jarick
cehnehdeh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:48 am

BY WEB STAFF sportsnet.ca

Cam Ward is staying in Carolina after signing a six-year, $37.8-million extension. The deal will be announced Wednesday afternoon at a 1 p.m. ET news conference.

The 25-year-old goaltender was Carolina's first pick (25th overall) in the 2002 Entry Draft and as a rookie helped the franchise win its only Stanley Cup in 2006.

He has played at least 60 games the past three seasons and in 2008-09 went 39-23-5 with a 2.44 goals-against average and led the club to the Eastern Conference final.

From Sportsnet.ca

He certainly earned a big payday and at 6.3 million per season this should work for both sides.
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Lot of cheese...
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:28 pm

Is it wrong... when I first saw "Ward" I thought of that tryout player the Wild had (Joel Ward) a few years back, who got a chance last year with some team...
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:15 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Is it wrong... when I first saw "Ward" I thought of that tryout player the Wild had (Joel Ward) a few years back, who got a chance last year with some team...

That's what I thought too.
Back to top Go down
Jarick

Jarick

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:37 pm

Same Razz
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:09 pm

That's a lot of cabbage, but Ward has brought Stan's silver to Raleigh. So... Good signing I think as this is a fringe PO team at best without a solid backstopper.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:20 pm

I'd gladly pay Cam Ward $6.3 mil per over Backstrom's pricetag. Cam Ward has done it all without the suffocating lemaire trap. Also, if I was Steve Yzerman, Ward would start on team Canada. What an awesome goalie, I hate the canes but am always amazed by this guy. Steller performer in playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Awesome deal for Ward. I was stoked when I got the text message today claiming he was re-signed. AWESOME goaltender for an AWESOME team. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
Sponsored content

Ward Re-Warded Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward Re-Warded   Ward Re-Warded I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ward Re-Warded
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Hockey Talk-
Jump to: