Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Captain To Be Announced

Go down 
+10
TaLoN
mplspug
Cool Slovak
zamboni14
Toewser
hockeygirl101
sqare
00Xtremeninja
timotheuzi
OldTimeHockey
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

New Captain To Be Announced Empty
PostSubject: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:03 pm

Russo

Quote :
Wild will announce its first ever full-time captain at a news conference Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:31 pm

watch, it'll be owen nolan Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 pm

fuck that,

Matt Foy
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 9:57 pm

my money's on brunette.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
hockeygirl101

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:01 pm

Do you really need a press conference?

Couldn't they just announce it?
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:15 pm

sqare wrote:
my money's on brunette.
Unfortunately, that'll probably be the case.

hockeygirl101 wrote:
Do you really need a press conference?

Couldn't they just announce it?
It's been done before, so they're probably just going along with it. They had an ice sculpture when announcing Madonna's...er umm....Modano as Captain. That worked out well. Laughing
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:15 pm

DP
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:21 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
DP
Can't say I'm into DP, but I usually try anything once.

Bruno has this, methinks. Sad, as I, and I'm sure many others, thought that one good of JL leaving would be that Mikko finally would get the captaincy he earned under him.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:24 pm

Toewser wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
DP
**resists UND punchline**
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 10:26 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Toewser wrote:
OldTimeHockey wrote:
DP
**resists UND punchline**
Resistance is futile ofc. This makes me sad. New Captain To Be Announced Winky
Back to top Go down
hockeygirl101

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:15 pm

Nothing against Koivu but actually, I think Bruno for Captain is a good move. I think his personality while seemingly more laid back lends itself to move within cliques of a team. Also, I think he will know when, how, and what to say to a team in different situations. He has played for a few teams and coaches that he knows what's expected out of him and the team. He would be a good conduit in certain situations between the players and the coaches. Lastly, he might be slow but he works hard out there.

Koivu can still be captain in the future, but Bruno is the right captain for the moment.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:31 am

Koivu! Koivu! Koivu!

as you can tell, I'm wanting Bouchard to be named

*runs from TaLoN*
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:08 am

Mikko. I like Bruno, but we need Mikko to stay and giving him "C" could motivate him to get back on the horse.

Remember that this is not JL system. You can't just strip "C" from guys without sending some emotional waves through the locker room.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:43 am

I know Mikko hasn't gotten off to a great start, but this blog is a reason why he should still be considered captain. Bruno has done well in the first couple of weeks, but we have to remember that this letter is permanent. I'm hoping Richards based his decision based on what happened on and off the ice. I know some of you will never set foot on the official boards again, but this link is only to the post from FaithIn-9. I didn't feel comfortable copying it over here since they deserve all the credit for translating it.

Mikko's Blog
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 8:46 am

Burnsie or Schultz afro
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:03 am

Mikko is here for the long haul. Bruno may be trade bait before the year is over. Give it to Mikko.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 10:49 am

Backstrom! The Canucks did it, why can't we? After all, Backstrom is going to be the MVP of this team.

Koivu's play this year hasn't necessarily been "great" IMO, so I don't know what to expect. Everyone other than him, Burns, Havlat, and Schultz could be gone by the end of next year. I won't lobby for Johnsson to be named captain because even I don't think hes captain material.
Back to top Go down
Toewser

Toewser

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:08 pm

Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm

No surprise, he'll be here for a while and Brunette is likely gone after his contract is up or they will sign him for maybe one more year.
Captains are way over rated in the success of a team IMO. Not saying they do not make a difference because they do in some cases but a team all of a sudden don't become winners or losers because a change in "C".
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:34 pm

I bet Benoit feels shunned with all the leadership skills he possesses.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 2:46 pm

nice to hear Mikko got it, I am sure the team backs up that decision.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Congrats to Mikko! He was a no-brainer choice and the RIGHT choice!
Back to top Go down
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
nice to hear Mikko got it, I am sure the team backs up that decision.
Trainer Tony is PISSSSSSSSSED!
Back to top Go down
Cool Slovak

Cool Slovak

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 pm

Good news. Back to the reality, we still suck. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:19 pm

Toewser wrote:
And Mikko has it.
Mark my words. Now the Wild will start winning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Captain To Be Announced   New Captain To Be Announced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Captain To Be Announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Hockey Talk-
Jump to: