Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:28 am

Bobby Wade was released just a week before the season to pick up some guy named Greg Lewis, and everyone ragged on Childress for it... Greg Lewis makes one catch, and now everyone understands WHY Childress made that move.

Hell of a catch.

Wade who?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Sounds like the Vikes will be wearing their throwback uniforms on Monday night vs the Pack...

From the Strib...

Vikings will wear throwbacks on Monday

Last update: September 29, 2009 - 12:04 PM

The Vikings are going through a light workout today at Winter Park in which Brett Favre, Steve Hutchinson and Jim Kleinsasser are serving as spectators. Punt return man Darius Reynaud, who appeared to injure his hamstring on Sunday, also is not taking part.

The Vikings are wearing their old-school helmets during today's session, meaning that for the second time in three years they (almost certainly) willl be wearing their throwback uniforms for a game against the Packers at the Metrodome. As anyone who has read this blog in the past knows, it's my feeling (Judd) that these are the uniforms the Vikings should be wearing for every home game.

Last year, the Vikings wore the uniforms against Chicago.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:22 pm

All I know, is thus far the Packers can't stop us, we've only stopped ourselves... Skol Vikings!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:22 am

That was the easiest and most thurough 7pt victory I've seen!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:38 am

TaLoN wrote:
No shit!!!! That was the FIRST game since 1998-99 where I had zero nerves about them screwing it up. If the Packers did something right, the Vikes would fix it in a hurry.

How many times have we had our hearts broken? And why do we get crushed so many times, yet have never learned a damn lesson? My head says that something will go wrong. It always does. But my heart and gut says this is the best chance they've got. That "ease" of 1998-99 is there. That confidence is there. It's impossible not to get head over heels for this team right now.
Back to top Go down
wukwinn

wukwinn

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:47 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
No shit!!!! That was the FIRST game since 1998-99 where I had zero nerves about them screwing it up. If the Packers did something right, the Vikes would fix it in a hurry.

How many times have we had our hearts broken? And why do we get crushed so many times, yet have never learned a damn lesson? My head says that something will go wrong. It always does. But my heart and gut says this is the best chance they've got. That "ease" of 1998-99 is there. That confidence is there. It's impossible not to get head over heels for this team right now.

OTH! How long have you been here? Shocked
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:58 am

Allen had 4.5 sacks, and the Vikes sacked Rodgers 8 times! Wow!

Just plain domination! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:47 am

Packers O - line is probably close to the worst in the entire league..if they had any protection AT ALL they would be a legitimate contender for the division...but they are perennial under achievers especially with the talent they have that is being wasted.

Vikings do look scary good though...they were like a machine the entire game working flawlessly. Defensive secondary wasn't great but the D line made up for that by getting to Rodgers so much
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:57 am

the Vikes will get their tests of the season coming up with the Ravens and the Steelers. The Rams should be a preseason game for ya.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!"
Back to top Go down
http://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:16 pm

Don't worry, the Packers were like a pre-season game for the Vike's offense as well. Favre was able to get into rhythm now, so when the real clubs come, he's on the same page with all of his receivers.

He threw 3 TD's, to 3 different receivers. Had a QB rating over 135... I think he's getting into his groove now, and St.Louis will help just that much more before the Ravens come to town.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:33 pm

if they can get through pitts and baltimore, I will be quite excited
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:06 pm

For the first time in a while, I can say this when facing Baltimore and Pittsburgh... they can win those games! I don't mean it'll be an easy win (far from it) but in past years, I'd assume those would be losses (barring a total upset.) But this year, they really do have a chance at beating BOTH of them. Not because Pittsburgh's running game isn't nearly as good as it once was or that Baltimore isn't the same one that won the super bowl... it's because we have a decent team this year that might be near the top of the league.

Can you sense a Saints-Vikings NFC championship?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:51 pm

I think it's hilarious how Packer fans are touting that their offense moved the ball so well.

Are they forgetting the fact that MOST of those yards came after the Vikes were up by 3 scores, and the Vikes went into kill the clock mode on offense and went to a super soft D? When you are up by 16pts with less than 4mins in the game, you don't play the same as the rest of the game.

Go figure, when the Vikes were playing like it was close the rest of that game, they allowed only 2 TD's, and dominated time of possession.

BTW - just heard the game officially has taken the record for having the highest ratings of any cable show in history.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:32 am

vikes looked good again except for allowing the rams to drive the ball, without those turnovers, it could have been a somewhat close game.
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:28 am

coulda woulda shoulda

5-0

We dont need a perfect game until we lose one, get back to us then
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 am

How the hell is this the first time in #4's entire career that he's started 5-0?

We shouldn't get excited over them beating the Rams since it was a very weak opponent. However, you have to remember this team's history. The "old" Vikings would win, but by 3 points at best. They didn't play down on their opponent's level this time. So, that's an improvement.

BTW, when did St. Louis bring back those shitty colors again?
Back to top Go down
DougRiser

DougRiser

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:27 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
How the hell is this the first time in #4's entire career that he's started 5-0?

We shouldn't get excited over them beating the Rams since it was a very weak opponent. However, you have to remember this team's history. The "old" Vikings would win, but by 3 points at best. They didn't play down on their opponent's level this time. So, that's an improvement.

BTW, when did St. Louis bring back those shitty colors again?

Sounds like you got the fever

Seeing bizarre colors, confusing the present with the old times...
oh lawdy

Doc's got me on 24/7 bed rest with an IV drip

I think you got:

Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:20 pm

The only thing I take out of beating the Rams is that good teams will almost ALWAYS beat the bad teams.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:06 pm

WOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH NELLY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:17 pm

they almost blew it. their next big test is next week against the Steelers.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!"
Back to top Go down
http://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:25 pm

They'd be 2-3 without you know who.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:57 pm

Brad Childress?

Razz
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:04 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Brad Childress?

Razz
affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:08 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
they almost blew it. their next big test is next week against the Steelers.
This game was actually a coaches dream. Early on they showed they can absolutely dominate a damn good team, then when the team got too comfortable and the opposition came back, the team still managed to pull out the victory, thus giving the coach a win, yet still a lot of film to show the players what they need to work on to get better.

Good teams find ways to win, and thus far the Vikes have managed to win in almost every way possible. Learn from this game, improve from this game, and go out and beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh!

Skol Vikings!
(Hopefully Winfield is back next week!)
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 pm

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Brad Childress?

Razz
affraid lol!

It's true...apparently he told AP right before Baltimore's kick that the Vikings would "win the game right here".

Not only is he an offensive genius but he's also a psychic jedi mind freak.

It's the beard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread   

Back to top Go down

*Official* Minnesota Vikings Thread
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next