Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!

Go down 
+3
Beer
00Xtremeninja
Kevin W
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! Empty
PostSubject: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:16 pm

The stream went out via the interwebs. I've seen the pictures, but I was trying to see them in action. Oh well.

Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! 701593
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 pm

it is because they are a source, a means, so powerful, that if seen over the internet, it will blow up your computer screen
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Beer

Beer

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Just saw the highlights of that game. They look pretty good in action, but they look like Pittsburgh should be the ones wearing them.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 4:12 am

The logo is similar in style to the wild home Reds the way the logo is designed and the overall design of the jersey but with one difference, rather then being awesome looking they are ugly as ugly can be, its like the hunchback of notre dame and the ugliest person had two kids who where uglier then ugly then those two had a genetically unsound child who then made this jersey.

as i posted on the wild boards
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 10:54 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmm, it looks like the Blues and Pitt thirds had some crazy sex and spit that out. the colors aren't too bad, but i am not a fan of the contrasting blues like that. especially since Florida has never had that baby blue in their uniforms before.

I give it a C-
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Kinda looks like they had no idea what to do and decided to just copy some other teams logo and colors. Doesn't fit with the team at all. And what is up with that ugly ass FLA thing plastered everywhere. Looks like an afterthought since the unis look nothing like the Panthers. "Hey, lets stick FLA with and ugly sun everywhere on the jerseys, breezers and helmets so they know this is Florida and not Pittsburgh or St. Louis."
Back to top Go down
aRKade

aRKade

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:34 pm

forthewild wrote:
The logo is similar in style to the wild home Reds the way the logo is designed and the overall design of the jersey but with one difference, rather then being awesome looking they are ugly as ugly can be, its like the hunchback of notre dame and the ugliest person had two kids who where uglier then ugly then those two had a genetically unsound child who then made this jersey.

as i posted on the wild boards
The Minnesota Wild logo on their home red jerseys I believe is actually copied inspired by the Chicago Blackhawks. You really do a disservice to the league when you come up with a jersey as ugly as Florida's based on something as classic as the Blackhawks jerseys. I believe you should have some real history before you try to do something inspired by the classics.
Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! Chicago_Blackhawks1
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:26 pm

These jersey's were just a mishmash of other jerseys. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:26 pm

The circle emblem is obviously becoming more and more popular...regardless of where it is inspired from it was brought to the forefront recently by the Wild (a sweater which was chosen best of the decade by Puck Daddy btw) and soon also chosen by the Blues, Penguins and now Panthers it seems....its stylish and works very well for especially the Wild and Blues (love the Blues one)
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
The circle emblem is obviously becoming more and more popular...regardless of where it is inspired from it was brought to the forefront recently by the Wild (a sweater which was chosen best of the decade by Puck Daddy btw) and soon also chosen by the Blues, Penguins and now Panthers it seems....its stylish and works very well for especially the Wild and Blues (love the Blues one)

I think Nashville has it too
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Nashville is just using a circle logo for the shoulders, and it's not quite the same.

Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! 2879378-4184458-thumbnail

And I'd rather see rip offs of the circle logo instead of lame script logos like Tampa Bay (BOLTS) and Senators (SENS). Terrible.

And I don't really care for the Panthers jerseys. Retarded.
I give it a "D" at best.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:06 pm

it is like as stated earlier, they just rushed and put some colors together.

"shit shit shit, we need to make a 3rd!"
"ok, calm the fuck down, what do we know works?"
"well, people bought crazy amounts of the Wild 3rds way back when, then the Pens WC sold like hotcakes, and those St. Louis Blues one's were the talk of the town last year."
"alright, we take everything in common with them. we make a circle style logo to make it look throwback. Then we obviously can't use green because we have no green in our colors. But, we have navy blue, so make that the base, then use that trick Pens baby blue in there somewhere. Oh and put suns and FLA in places too so people know for sure it is the Florida Panthers."
"brilliant sir! we'll get right on it!"
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 8:09 pm

And then a temp walks into the room:

"what about red? That's been the predominate color of ours since out inception"

*execs look around at him, then each other, then at him again*

"get the fuck outta here! Go get us some coffee! No one asked what you thought!"

And then they hurl donut holes at him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!   Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even the internet doesn't want us to see the new Panthers jerseys!
Page 1 of 1