Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'

Go down 
+6
Havoc
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
cehnehdeh
Dee Oh Cee
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' Empty
PostSubject: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Star Trib

Quote :
Tiger Woods injured in car accident outside his Fla. home; highway patrol says charges pending

Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. - Authorities say Tiger Woods has been seriously injured in a car wreck in Florida.

The Florida Highway Patrol says the PGA star hit a fire hydrant and a tree as he pulled out of his driveway early Friday in his 2009 Cadillac sport utility vehicle.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital. His condition was not immediately known, though the news release said his injuries were serious.

The highway patrol says the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:57 pm

Really hope he is OK.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Yikes, hopefully he's firstly OK and secondly able to resume his career.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 5:10 pm

Looks like everything was blown out of proportion...

New report is that he was treated for minor injuries and was release from the hospital.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 8:54 pm

From Yahoo...

Police chief: Woods' wife helped after accident

By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson, Ap Golf Writer – 31 mins ago

Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident early Friday outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said his wife used a golf club to smash out the back window and help get the world's No. 1 golfer out of the SUV.

Woods was treated and released from a hospital in good condition, his spokesman said. The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' vehicle hit a fire hydrant and a tree in his neighbor's yard as he pulled out of his driveway at 2:25 a.m.

Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press that officers found the 33-year-old PGA star laying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him.

She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and "came out and broke the back window with a golf club."

Woods had lacerations to his upper and lower lips, and he had blood in his mouth, Saylor said.

The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when his two officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."

He said officers treated Woods for 10 minutes until an ambulance arrived.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods was alone in his 2009 Cadillac when he pulled out of his driveway from his mansion at Isleworth, a gated waterfront community just outside Orlando.

The patrol reported Woods' injuries as serious, although Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan issued a statement that Woods was treated and released.

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, although the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.

Left unanswered was where Woods was going at that hour. Greenspan and agent Mark Steinberg said there would be no comment beyond the short statement of the accident on Woods' Web site.

Woods, coming off a two-week trip to China and Australia earlier this month, is host of the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., which starts Thursday. He is scheduled to have his press conference Tuesday afternoon at Sherwood Country Club. Steinberg said he did not know if Woods planned to play next week.

The accident report was not released until nearly 12 hours after Woods was injured. Patrol spokesman Kim Montes said the accident did not meet the criteria of a serious crash, and the FHP only put out a press release because of inquiries from local media.

Montes said the patrol reports injuries as serious if they require more than minor medical attention.

Air bags in the SUV did not deploy.

Investigators still have not had a chance to speak to Woods, but when they do, "we will ask him everything," Montes said. "We just haven't had a chance to do so because he was being medically treated."

Montes said charges could be filed if there was a clear traffic violation, although troopers still do not know what caused Woods' SUV to hit the hydrant and the tree.

Woods' $2.4 million home is part of an exclusive subdivision near Orlando, a community set on an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course and a chain of small lakes. The neighborhood, which is fortified with high brick walls and has its own security force, is home to CEOs and other sports stars such as the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that an orange and white barricade sat on top of a hole in front of Woods' home. About 10 feet away, there was a tire track near an oak tree in his neighbor's yard. The tree had a few scuff marks but was largely unscathed.

Woods, who has won 82 times around the world and 14 majors, attended the Stanford-Cal football game last Saturday, where he tossed the coin at the start of the game and was inducted into Stanford's sports Hall of Fame at halftime.

He won six times this year after missing eight months recovering from reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Even though he failed to win a major, Woods said he considered this a successful year because he did not know how his knee would respond.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:12 pm

he was going on a beer run to the local convenient store. glad to hear he should be alright, but it is odd that he would take out a hydrant like that with nothing in the way, unless he is a bad driver?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm

From the Sklar brothers (Cheap Seats fame) twitter....

"Tiger woods hit a fire hydrant and then a tree. What's the big deal? That's how John Daly pulls out of his driveway every night"
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm

Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' 749226
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 9:35 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 10:40 am

Ambien?

That makes me feel better about my recent accident in a rental car, pulling out of my brother's driveway, trying to avoid my cousin who pulled out behind me and sat right behind me, I grazed the brick pillar too close to the driveway trying to pull out shallow. Scraped the passenger side bumper.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 7:31 pm

TaLoN wrote:
From Yahoo...

Police chief: Woods' wife helped after accident

By DOUG FERGUSON, AP Golf Writer Doug Ferguson, Ap Golf Writer – 31 mins ago

Tiger Woods was injured in a car accident early Friday outside his Florida mansion, and a local police chief said his wife used a golf club to smash out the back window and help get the world's No. 1 golfer out of the SUV.

Woods was treated and released from a hospital in good condition, his spokesman said. The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods' vehicle hit a fire hydrant and a tree in his neighbor's yard as he pulled out of his driveway at 2:25 a.m.

Windermere police chief Daniel Saylor told The Associated Press that officers found the 33-year-old PGA star laying in the street with his wife, Elin, hovering over him.

She told officers she was in the house when she heard the accident and "came out and broke the back window with a golf club."

Woods had lacerations to his upper and lower lips, and he had blood in his mouth, Saylor said.

The chief said Woods was in and out of consciousness when his two officers arrived. He said the officers held Woods to the ground and "when he woke up, he tried to get up and lost consciousness."

He said officers treated Woods for 10 minutes until an ambulance arrived.

The Florida Highway Patrol said Woods was alone in his 2009 Cadillac when he pulled out of his driveway from his mansion at Isleworth, a gated waterfront community just outside Orlando.

The patrol reported Woods' injuries as serious, although Woods spokesman Glenn Greenspan issued a statement that Woods was treated and released.

The patrol said alcohol was not involved, although the accident remains under investigation and charges could be filed.

Left unanswered was where Woods was going at that hour. Greenspan and agent Mark Steinberg said there would be no comment beyond the short statement of the accident on Woods' Web site.

Woods, coming off a two-week trip to China and Australia earlier this month, is host of the Chevron World Challenge in Thousand Oaks, Calif., which starts Thursday. He is scheduled to have his press conference Tuesday afternoon at Sherwood Country Club. Steinberg said he did not know if Woods planned to play next week.

The accident report was not released until nearly 12 hours after Woods was injured. Patrol spokesman Kim Montes said the accident did not meet the criteria of a serious crash, and the FHP only put out a press release because of inquiries from local media.

Montes said the patrol reports injuries as serious if they require more than minor medical attention.

Air bags in the SUV did not deploy.

Investigators still have not had a chance to speak to Woods, but when they do, "we will ask him everything," Montes said. "We just haven't had a chance to do so because he was being medically treated."

Montes said charges could be filed if there was a clear traffic violation, although troopers still do not know what caused Woods' SUV to hit the hydrant and the tree.

Woods' $2.4 million home is part of an exclusive subdivision near Orlando, a community set on an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course and a chain of small lakes. The neighborhood, which is fortified with high brick walls and has its own security force, is home to CEOs and other sports stars such as the NBA's Shaquille O'Neal.

The Orlando Sentinel reported that an orange and white barricade sat on top of a hole in front of Woods' home. About 10 feet away, there was a tire track near an oak tree in his neighbor's yard. The tree had a few scuff marks but was largely unscathed.

Woods, who has won 82 times around the world and 14 majors, attended the Stanford-Cal football game last Saturday, where he tossed the coin at the start of the game and was inducted into Stanford's sports Hall of Fame at halftime.

He won six times this year after missing eight months recovering from reconstructive surgery on his left knee. Even though he failed to win a major, Woods said he considered this a successful year because he did not know how his knee would respond.

Naturally.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:26 pm

still seems all too weird.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Apparently the 911 call will be released tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 7:02 am

Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Golf cart in the foreground on the first one...lol
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 10:37 pm

This story is just too dang comical.

Woods crashed into a Tree.

His wife breaks into the vehicle using golf clubs to get him out.

A golf cart on the scene.

So who's responsible? Woods for not yelling "FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!"........or the tree for hearing it and not getting out of the way?

But the biggest joke of all is that he turned the police away for the THIRD time. They just want some information, pal. What's the deal? Whatcha hiding?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 10:08 am

sooooo, having an affair is the real story i hear.

saving his life with the club, or trying to beat his ass with it?
Back to top Go down
CJayWild

CJayWild

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 pm

It must be fuckin nice that when cops show up at your door for 3 days straight, you can just turn them away and not answer any questions!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:19 am

"Me thinks Tiger got himself in trouble over some pussy and the wife from Norway is not very forgiving."

That's what I said when I first saw the news that he hit the neighbors tree and flipped a hydrant while sober. My friends I was with laughed and said..."probably!"
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:01 pm

She must have locked up the Norwegian goody bag on him! He's in a world of shit but Nike will pay them all off so no worries.

Apparently his pick up line is "You look like you are not having a good time". Personnaly I would have you used "What brings the tiger out in you" cheers
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 5:54 pm

Apparently the only place he gets a "hole" in one is on the golf course....
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:50 pm

fuck tiger woods. what a doucher.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
fuck tiger woods. what a doucher.
You go ahead and do that then... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'   Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods 'Seriously Injured'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Off Topic-
Jump to: