Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks Empty
PostSubject: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:26 pm

1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks Clarkhawks1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks Havlatnewthirds

Quote :
High-flying Blackhawks play host to WildDavid Kalan - NHL.com Staff Writer WILD (20-19-3) at BLACKHAWKS (29-10-3)

Last 10: Minnesota 5-5-0; Chicago 8-2-0

Season Series: Chicago leads the season series 1-0 after knocking off the Wild, 3-1, on Oct. 26.

Big Story: After a strong December, Minnesota has begun to slip and now faces the considerable task of curtailing its current slide against the surging Blackhawks before it becomes too damaging.

Team Scope:

Wild: Like most teams, Minnesota has an annual road trip on which players are allowed to invite their fathers to come along. That trip happens to be this week, as the Wild have spent the last two days with their patresfamilias enjoying the Windy City ahead of Tuesday's matchup with the Blackhawks. Of course, with the Bulls playing Oklahoma City Monday night, the United Center rink was obscured by a basketball court on which the various Wild players tried their hand with a light-hearted family shootaround Monday afternoon.

Given their results they should stick with hockey, but even their performance on the ice, while dramatically better than on the hardwood, has been uneven lately. Minnesota followed a three-game winning streak with its current three-game skid, including a 5-3 loss Saturday against the Devils and former bench boss Jacques Lemaire.

While some players have produced offensively -- Martin Havlat and Andrew Brunette both have four-game point streaks -- the problem could lie in net, where a potentially tired Niklas Backstrom has uncharacteristically given up at least three goals in six of his last seven starts. The Finn may get some necessary rest Tuesday with the Wild coming home to play Calgary Wednesday, but backup Josh Harding could be rusty, as he has started just once in the past three weeks.

Blackhawks: On the flip side, one has to wonder what isn't going well for Chicago. The Hawks have a grueling month ahead of them with an eight-game road trip to close out January, but so far Chicago is taking the challenge in stride. The Blackhawks have won their last three games, in the span of four days no less, including an impressive 5-1 trouncing of those same East-leading Devils that defeated Minnesota on Saturday. While the Hawks have gotten impressive goaltending from Cristobal Huet and Antti Niemi this season, the high-octane offense has really taken center stage of late.

Chicago has scored at least four goals in six straight games, with a number of forwards contributing offensively. Last year's Calder Trophy finalist, Kris Versteeg, has a four-game point streak, while Troy Brouwer has lit the lamp three times in four games. While the Hawks are proving themselves to be a complete team offensively, the big names are still carrying much of the weight as Jonathan Toews has 11 points in the last seven games. The best sign for the Hawks, however, might be that major offseason acquisition Marian Hossa has begun to find his groove, notching five points in his last three games and delivering his second two-goal outing of the season in Sunday's win over Anaheim.

Who's hot: Minnesota's Mikko Koivu has shouldered much of the burden offensively, scoring eight points over his current six-game points streak. … Patrick Kane, meanwhile, continues chugging along for Chicago. The winger, who found out Jan. 1 that he would be playing in his first Olympics next month, has an eight-game point streak -- one shy of his career high which was set earlier this season. Kane has 14 points during his current run and 48 points overall.

Injury report: Defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson is still questionable for Chicago due to the lingering effects of a head injury, while Minnesota might be without Owen Nolan, who is questionable for undisclosed reasons.

Stat pack: The Hawks' offense is scary enough with both sides at even strength -- though Hawks winger and Wisconsin alum Adam Burish might consider the term "even strength" debatable -- but Chicago has only been more dangerous with the extra man lately. The Hawks have scored a power play goal in seven straight games, converting on eight of 25 opportunities.

Puck drop: While Chicago is battling with San Jose for the best record in the West, as well as the League, the Wild are scrapping just to be in the playoff discussion. While all signs might point to Minnesota's struggles continuing, the Wild does have history on its side. Minnesota has won six of its last eight at the United Center, and if the Wild still falls Tuesday, it will have another shot at the Hawks Saturday in Minnesota.

Havlat gets pissed off and kicks some Blackhawk ass, netting a hat trick too.

Hopefully.

Wild bounce back 3-2(ot)

Last edited by 00Xtremeninja on Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:02 pm

My two favorite teams squaring off in what should be a good one....

Obviously I hope the Wild win it but I won't be extremely upset either way...but yeah go Wild Razz

I do think the Hawks will win it..in the 4-2 neighborhood.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 pm

I too hope for a win but if Harding is starting there is a chance he'll give up some softies to Hossa/Kane/Toewsa or the slow start curse. I think we can win, but i don't think we will 5-2 Chicago. Just typing this hurts
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 2:38 pm

Yeah the Hawks are without a doubt a cup contender...and in my opinion...they should be the favorite right now. First in the league in GA and their offensive talent is amazing!

Toews, Kane, Hossa, Versteeg, Brouwer, and when Bolland comes back from IR they will be even better...

Doesn't hurt to have the best D core in the league either...

I'm not sure who's starting but Niemi has probably been either the best or one of hte best backup goaltenders in the league...so yeah we are going to need to play well to win this one Smile
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Wild will win this one, you can count on it. Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:18 pm

shut the fuck up stinker!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:34 pm

Bahaha.

I wanna take a Wild win, but the Hawks have just been playing lights out.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:30 pm

The Hawks won't run the board the rest of the season folks. I honestly think the Hawks' win streak combined with the Wild slump will be the difference maker here. Both streaks temporarily end.

Kinda like the Nucks, they play the BJ's tonight and the fact that the BJ's have been HORRIBLE the last 23 games scares the fuck out of me.

NB: I just farted *giggles*
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:35 pm

GOAL LATENDRESSE!!!! Great awareness....and great work by Brodziak.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:39 pm

Blackhawks win. Leave it to the Canadian to be wrong again. 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks 701593
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:42 pm

Yep not a good effort from our guys...first was great....second and third left much to be desired.

We did have some opportunities but there was no finish...and a lack of effort late in teh game.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 1:44 am

I had the right score but reversed. Very Happy

Meh, sometimes I just give the Wild too much credit. It would appear their "never give up" attitude is a thing of the past.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/5 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks
Page 1 of 1