Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article Empty
PostSubject: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 7:56 pm

Post-Game report plus a few pictures...

The State of Hockey News
An objective and balanced view of Minnesota Hockey

Not enough firepower dooms the Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee

A few weeks ago I attended the last meeting between the Aeros and the Milwaukee Admirals and it really was a tale of two different Houston teams. In the first game, you could say the Aeros had their “B” squad in place due to a suspension by Colton Gillies, as well as leading scorer and power play quarterback Maxim Noreau and perhaps more notably the absence of starting goaltenders Wade Dubielewicz and Anton Khudobin (who were up with the Wild as they were without Niklas Backstrom and Josh Harding due to sickness and injury respectively) which prompted a one-off start for Ryan Nie who was playing in just the 2nd AHL game of his professional career. This forced the Aeros to commit itself to playing a very conservative brand of hockey to try to protect their inexperienced goalie and despite allowing only 19 shots, Nie gave up 5 goals and Houston never really had a chance in a 5-3 loss. Fast forward two weeks later where Gillies, Noreau and Dubielewicz are back as is Robbie Earl who had a nice extended stint with the Wild. It should make for a different game right? Well the answer to that is both yes and no. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

I would've put more pictures but it takes forever to load on my computer. Enjoy! Any questions...just ask.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Admirals!
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 9:24 pm

Aeros!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Oreos!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 6:50 pm

The Oreo Line?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Quote :
Why'd you turn against me, Gordon? For six years, I taughtcha how to skate, I taughtcha how to score, I taughtcha how to go for the "W". You could have been one of the greats! An' now look at yourself. You're not even a has-been. You're a never-was.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Xtreme...PM me...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 9:49 pm

sent ya a PM this mornin sir.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article   Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not enough firepower dooms Aeros in 2-0 loss to Milwaukee...an MVN article
Page 1 of 1