Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

the official we are fucked theread

Go down 
+3
OldTimeHockey
cehnehdeh
forthewild
7 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

the official we are fucked theread Empty
PostSubject: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:09 pm

per russo tweet

harding down, clutterbuck down, kobasew down, ebbett playing sick, sheppard got a point, koivu injured, backs injured,

and one bit of good news

pmb still injured.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:14 pm

"theread"

Is that some sorta Minnesotan slang?

The Wild have been fucked since they let Gabby walk for nothing.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 pm

nope we was fucked far before then, we've fucked since DR fucked up on 5 first round draft picks, well 4 actually Cuma has yet to get to NHL and Gilies may no nothing more then a a 3rd 4th line checker who'm we gave up draft picks to draft in the first round.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:49 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
"theread"

Is that some sorta Minnesotan slang?

The Wild have been fucked since they let Gabby walk for nothing.
Very, very true. That said, the sting has lightened based on two things....

1. Gabby agreed to join a team where he is once again a one-pony show. And they look like they'll be ending their season no later than us. A little comical is all.

2. We got Lats for Dorkfish.....and ONLY Dorkfish. BRILLIANT!!! Just brilliant!!!

But yeah, you don't let Gabby walk for free and not take 3-5 steps back.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:20 pm

Not to mention the shit showing in the 1st round. Tyler Cuma isn't even the big deal for Ottawa. He's a role player on 'good' team...great value there too!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:27 pm

This team has been fucked since DR wanted to see what the guys could do after their miracle run to the WCF, thus sitting on CRAP out of what he claimed was loyalty.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 pm

TaLoN wrote:
This team has been fucked since DR wanted to see what the guys could do after their miracle run to the WCF, thus sitting on CRAP out of what he claimed was loyalty.

pretty much this, i mean after that you look at our draft pool, tehlen,pouls (yes we got lats but he was a bust here) shepp, Gillies, Cuma you can't have that you can't have that and expect to compete.

Tho this season i don't think we are this bad, what fucked us tho was just the lack of effort on the road, its not even gabby its just guys playing shitty on the road, not even showing up for 2 periods, crap like that. I think we'll be ok for next season, but damn i swear if this effort thing isn't worked out next year i'm going to be pissed as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Fargo

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:04 am

TaLoN wrote:

I think so, too. It's been discussed ad naseum, but IMO that was out of control fukcing stupid; that's when the franchise went off the road and off the cliff.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:30 am

That offseason was a complete and utter disaster, and the implications have reverberated all the way through this season.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:35 am

I have a different theory as to why we sucked so hard on the road, as most of you know.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:44 am

Oh, and I'm also too angry to post anything constructive right now. Just absolutely fucking ridiculous that they kept Harding in after the first. Fucking pathetically ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 am

From what I understand Backstrom wasnt in any better shape though right?

How they didnt fly Khudobin in for precautionary reasons is beyond me...
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:50 am

Exactly.

You can carry a third goalie under the CBA under emergency means. If Backstrom wasn't feeling it, have Khudobin backing up. But... For fucks sake, pull Harding when he can't even crawl back to his crease.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:57 am

It's stupid shit like this that makes me angry and wanting to call for the heads of the entire coaching staff.

Zanon = A dude that doesn't ever let his broken ankle touch the floor. Out of the skate, into a walking boot. From the walking boot to the skate. Seriously? The dudes PLAYING WITH A FUCKING BROKEN ANKLE!

Harding's playing with what looks to be a torn labum.

Backstrom's been struggling again.

Hell, call up Wade "I'm a genius in Switzerland" Dublewhateverthefuckhisnameis... Start him in goal the rest of the season and play for the pick!

It's not like we had a shot going into the Olympics. What, 13th place at that point?

I'm not fair weather. I have watched every single televised (and two non) games this season. I will watch the remaining until April 10th.

Being an idiot about the health of your players deserves a broken jaw.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 11:35 am

fuck giving Wade a shot Khudobin or how ever you spell his name is younger, is 2-0 is a RFA and is a potential back up next year if we trade harding call his ass up and be like,

this is your chance to show us you can be an NHL goalie.

Let the injured guys rest, no fucking way we are making the playoffs, and call up huston dudes and give them a extended try out/look for next year.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 12:17 pm

what exaclty happen after the 03 run, like what was the events that led to all this, i know the draft picks after that but TaLoN mentioned the off season, could someone elaborate a bit more as back then i didn't follow the wild off season.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:26 pm

forthewild wrote:
what exaclty happen after the 03 run, like what was the events that led to all this, i know the draft picks after that but TaLoN mentioned the off season, could someone elaborate a bit more as back then i didn't follow the wild off season.
The Wild made that miracle playoff run using a roster full of cast-offs. When the offseason came around, instead of DR trying to use that as a launching pad to get more FA talent or trying to trade for more talent... DR sat on that lame ass roster for another entire season just BECAUSE they made the WCF that year. He said as much himself... stating the players earned another go etc.

Thus an entire offseason worth of building a team went by without a damn thing being done at all.

The Wild went from 95pts and the 6th seed one year, to 83pts and all the way down in 10th.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:24 pm

forthewild wrote:

It was more than that. The Wild then burned that time as what was called an "evaluation year" where it gave players like Kyle Wanvig, Stephane Veilleux prolonged chances as well as keeping a very raw Brent Burns with the big squad for no other reason than he was selected in the 1st round. Marian Gaborik held out hoping for a bigger deal, and that resulted in a slow start and after a few months of living it up with his girlfriend in Slovakia he ended up taking the same deal the Wild originally offered him. Pascal Dupuis, who had 20 goals during our 2002-03 season also decided he was worth more money and held out too, but not for that long and when he returned he wasn't doing so hot. The team was lucky it signed Alexandre Daigle otherwise it really would've struggled to score. Making matters worse the "evaluation" year basically continued the first year after the lockout as we signed Rolston just prior to the lockout and again decided profits meant more than being good. Toss in a series of horrible failures in the draft; especially in 2004 when the Wild had 12 picks and did squat with them. The inability to really gain anything out of that draft has hindered the Wild for a long time.

Risebrough and Tommy Thompson both screwed the pooch big time yet somehow that POS is still here. Why, I don't know. Its not like he's had a bunch of home runs for this team at the draft table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the official we are fucked theread   the official we are fucked theread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the official we are fucked theread
Page 1 of 1