Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio Empty
PostSubject: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:05 pm

This fucking sucks.

After an initial bout of rumors and speculation proved to be false, Ronnie James Dio (Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, etc.) has in fact now passed away. He passed this morning, May 16th, at 7:45am, reportedly due to stomach cancer. The news was confirmed by his wife Wendy Dio, who posted the following statement on www.ronniejamesdio.com

“Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 9:19 pm

R.I.P Holy Diver.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 7:56 am

Saw Dio with Yngve Malmsteen. Such a great voice in a little body. My hockey friend, the Goddess Sasha (http://www.hockeygoddesses.com/) was there with me.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

i have been running Dio tribute hour every day at work this week. good times.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 5:03 pm

I was amused that the day after he died, my ipod shuffled on the way home from work both "Holy Diver" and "Rainbow in the Dark" came on. But to top it off, Tenacious D's "Dio" even came on.

It was a magical event in my car.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:18 am

YOU HAD DIOS GHOST/ANGEL/DEMON IN YOUR IPOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

you could make a mint on ebay!

Ipod that has Dios ghost in it!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:42 pm

I should. I need to sell that ancient thing anyway.

RARE 20gb iPod classic Dio lives inside! L@@K
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:18 am

Funny. I bought the new Drowning Pool and for my 2 week trip could not listen to it because I had a major fail in transferring it to my iPod and my friend had a major fail in buying it at Best Buy.

So I get home right after hearing about Dio's death and hear the song "Horns Up" which seems to be a great tribute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio   R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio
Page 1 of 1