Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I think I'm being followed...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Velmeran

Velmeran

I think I'm being followed... Empty
PostSubject: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:44 pm

As the subject says, I believe I'm being followed.

Nearly everywhere I go on the internet, every message board I visit I see this Google bot following me...

I must admit I'm a little frightened and am taking any suggestions on how to possibly deal with my new-found 'stalker' Suspect
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Vel, I think it has to do with the Google ads up top. But might be due to people who have searched for us from Google and found us.

I just noticed a Yahoo Bot too.

Bot's are a good thing.

Also guys, on another site I staff, we do google ads too, helps with their server funds etc. Because we are on this forum which is all tied into Forummotion's server cost, if you click a Google link for some reason, Forum Motion will get a small chunk of change from it. It is like 10 cents or something, but when you think of how many fourms and members there are globally, it really ads up. So, just a random tidbit of info, lol
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:20 pm

Velmeran wrote:
As the subject says, I believe I'm being followed.

Nearly everywhere I go on the internet, every message board I visit I see this Google bot following me...

I must admit I'm a little frightened and am taking any suggestions on how to possibly deal with my new-found 'stalker' Suspect

edit:

o woops, i forgot about the impact to the site. I will pm you what I said.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:31 pm

Googlebot is my homeboy. Tried to get him in the chat room a while back when we had 4 users. He doesn't talk much. Wink
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:03 am

Well thanks for the advice to those who sent PM's

My post was actually more in jest Wink I'm quite aware of what the google, yahoo and other bots that visit sites do; I just hadn't seen it show up on these boards until earlier this evening (same with the Yahoo bot briefly)
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 1:08 am

Kwright315 wrote:
Googlebot is my homeboy. Tried to get him in the chat room a while back when we had 4 users. He doesn't talk much. Wink

he's such a dick, we give him an exclusively colored name in the members list and he can't say one damn word. FIGURES!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:41 pm

This site won't be legit until I see "AskJeeves" loitering around!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
This site won't be legit until I see "AskJeeves" loitering around!

i asked Jeeves if he wanted to come chill, he told me to fu** off because he is a Stars fan.

what a dick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think I'm being followed...   I think I'm being followed... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think I'm being followed...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Off Topic-
Jump to: