Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild draft review...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild draft review... Empty
PostSubject: Wild draft review...   Wild draft review... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:38 pm

Wild 2010 Draft review

2010 NHL Entry draft for the Wild has more of a European flavor than usual

It normally is perhaps the most crazy 24 hours for the NHL and the Minnesota Wild. With wheeling and dealing as the league’s 30 General Managers attempt to achieve greater salary flexibility by a series of trades that often dealt troublesome contracts and picks, but at the end of the day not that many deals were done. The bundle-ing of picks and bad salaries was not tempting to enough GM’s for them to pull the trigger on trades but no doubt there were lots and lots of phone calls and all kinds of negotiations going on. I am going to take a bit different approach then I normally do. As I drove back home to Minnesota, I was listening to KFAN (AM 1130) on the radio in my car and radio personality Dan Barriero. While I would never call Dan my favorite KFAN personality he does a decent job most of the time and finds ways to be entertaining and insightful. During Thursday’s broadcast he read an English tennis blog that attempted to describe the mixed feelings of tension and boredom of the 11 hour marathon tennis match between American John Isner and Frenchman Nicolas Mahut. The blog itself was hilarious, as he accurately captured those mixed emotions of the match but also just how bizarre and grueling it was for both the players and the spectators who just couldn’t stop watching it. It was pure brilliance and its mix of wit (especially the continual zombie references) and description brought a few chuckles in the midst of a four-hour long car ride.

So I am going to try to recapture the feeling of the 1st round of the 2010 Entry draft up until the point the Wild approached the podium at Staples Center and made their selection. I hope you enjoy it, and I promise after this prolonged sort of introduction into my feelings as the 1st round unfolded I will go into a more conventional discussion about these draftees (both from Day 1 & 2) potential and just how well I think Wild did overall and player by player. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

My other site is going through a server upgrade, in a few days I'll repost this there...but in the meantime its at my wordpress account. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Wild draft review...
Page 1 of 1