Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ZEN X-Fi

Go down 
+2
Kevin W
TaLoN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

Ok, after 6 years with my old mp3 player, I have finally upgraded to a new one. Not because the old one died mind you, but because I filled it up and needed something with more capacity.

Having had great experience with the quality of my old ZEN Micro, and after doing some research I decided on the 32gig ZEN X-Fi.

All I have to say about this thing is... IT KICKS ASS!

Creative Labs still makes the most underrated Mp3 players on the market. Screw the iPod and screw the Zune!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:26 am

Hmm. I've never heard of that brand before. I've always just had ipods. And I need a new one bad. I don't like the price of that 64gb X-Fi2 though...

$279.99 for a 64gb

$249.00 for a 160gb ipod.

School me on why that would be a better purchase? What kind of features would sell it over the ipod?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:58 am

at my internship i found an old Zen mp3 player in my desk that a teacher must have taken from a kid and never gave it back. i have yet to charge it up and check it out.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 1:55 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
at my internship i found an old Zen mp3 player in my desk that a teacher must have taken from a kid and never gave it back. i have yet to charge it up and check it out.
So you stole it? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 2:44 pm

sure did! but it was from a year prior. if the kid never came back after a year of being gone from school, he/she missed out.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm a Zune person
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 pm

With a ZEN, you own the music you put on it unlike an iPod. If your computer crashes or something, you don't lose your entire music library, you just copy everything over from the ZEN back to the pc!

When you buy music from amazon, or rip it from a cd, you don't have to flush it through iTunes, which then puts copy write security into the files. You just drag and drop and it copies it over no questions asked!

Not sure about you... but when I own music, I like to be able to do whatever the hell I want with it.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 11:45 pm

open source is the way to go, i'd stay away from ZUNE, just don't like the way Micro$haft does business. for my next MP3 is Sony all the way, style, portability and you get to control your music.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 12:18 am

Agree with you on ZUNE... have never liked Microsoft. (though I do have a 360)

Hey, if Sony is your thing... that's your thing, at least it isn't the evil iPod empire. Wink

Oh, and BTW Mr. Halak... the reason your 160gb iPod is cheaper is due to the storage method being HDD while the ZEN is Flash.

Flash storage means one less thing to break, and makes the entire player much more robust. That's why Apple still likes HDD storage, they prefer to keep the average iPod lifespan down to 2yrs as it is currently, it keeps their sales up.

Flash = Smaller design (and much more sleek), more durable, less power consumption.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ZEN X-Fi Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZEN X-Fi   ZEN X-Fi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ZEN X-Fi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Off Topic-
Jump to: