Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GDT Wild vs Canucks

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

GDT Wild vs Canucks  Empty
PostSubject: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:13 am

GDT Wild vs Canucks  Minnesota-wild-playoff-ticketsGDT Wild vs Canucks  N53005730919_6197

Quote :
Northwest rivals meet as Wild host CanucksMike G. Morreale - NHL.com Staff Writer CANUCKS (2-2-1) at WILD (1-2-1)

TV: SNET-VAN (HD), FS-N (HD)

Season series -- The Canucks came away with four victories in the six-game series in 2009-10. This will be the first meeting between the Northwest Division rivals in 2010-11 and marks the third game of the season for Minnesota in North America after beginning the year with back-to-back losses to the Carolina Hurricanes in Helsinki, Finland.

Big story -- Canucks backup goalie Cory Schneider earned his first win in 22 months on Sunday in a 5-1 verdict over the Carolina Hurricanes. While the decision to sit All-Star goalie Roberto Luongo (1-2-1, 2.46 GAA, .920 save percentage) is never an easy one, coach Alain Vigneault had perhaps an easy call after Luongo was victimized for eight goals in losses to Anaheim and Los Angeles in the previous two games. Schneider, a former first-round pick who spent most of his first three seasons in the American Hockey League, made 32 saves in the victory.

"For me to get a win and get some confidence from my teammates and the coaching staff is big," Schneider told reporters after the game.

Team Scope:

Canucks -- The night of firsts didn't end with Schneider's first start of the season between the pipes on Sunday as Andrew Alberts, Ryan Kesler and Mikael Samuelsson each scored their first goal of the season, and Mason Raymond connected for his first two during the team's 5-1 victory over Carolina. Raymond was moved to right wing against Carolina alongside Daniel and Henrik Sedin on the team's top line. He scored his first of the season on the power play midway through the first and added another off a feed from Daniel Sedin 6:25 into the third, giving Vancouver a 4-1 lead.

Wild -- Minnesota is coming off a 3-2 setback to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday -- the game-winner a shorthanded goal by R.J. Umberger midway through the third period. There was a bit of controversy on the winner after Umberger had jammed at the puck at the far post before pointing at the goal and celebrating with teammates. Following a video review, the referee confirmed that a goal had been scored.

"I don't think it was in," goalie Niklas Backstrom said after the game. "I think it was under my stomach the whole time. I got up, and it went under my pad, and at that point it hadn't crossed the line (before the whistle)."

Coach Todd Richards said his team had no one to blame but themselves: "We got what we deserved," he said during his post-game press conference.

Who's hot -- The Sedin twins have gotten off to a great start for the Canucks through the opening five games. Center Henrik, who notched two assists on Sunday, has 7 helpers for the season while Daniel has produced 4 goals and 7 points.

Injury report -- The Wild are without right wing Pierre-Marc Bouchard (post-concussion syndrome), center James Sheppard (broken kneecap) and goalie Josh Harding (torn MCL/ACL). … The Canucks' injury list includes forwards Alexandre Bolduc (ankle sprain) and Alexandre Burrows (shoulder) and defensemen Keith Ballard (concussion) and Sami Salo (Achilles tendon tear).

Stat pack -- The longest active sellout streak in the NHL ended Saturday when the Wild failed to sell out the first regular-season home game in franchise history (against Columbus), which encompasses 10 seasons. Minnesota had sold out 370 straight regular-season games -- the crowd Saturday was announced at 17,339.

Puck drop -- Minnesota wing Martin Havlat, who is playing on a line with center Matt Cullen and Cal Clutterbuck, has 3 assists in four games for the Wild. Richards feels it's only a matter of time before he begins putting the puck in the net with regularity.

"I said where he's at this year compared to where he was at last year, he's light years ahead and, 'Don't get frustrated, don't get down about not putting up the points that you want,' " Richards said.

Wild lose it 3-1
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 pm

wow, Rypien is a douche bag. way to go after a fan.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 11:53 pm

Yeah I hope that fuck giraffe gets a good suspension. overall not a bad game by the boys.. there was a few lapses but they're heading towards that solid 60 minutes. real nice offensive showing tonight.. or maybe luongo is just the sieve we all knew he is. I'm liking that gui-havlat connection again.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 am

also appears i need to predict the Wild to lose more, what an offensive break through that game was.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:41 am

I'm not too confident in backs this year yet.. his angles are lookin a bit sloppy. I'd like to see if a few starts from Jose could lead to a solid 1-2 tandem or just a push back from backstrom.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am

i agree, i hope they put Jose in for their next tilt.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 am

Wild vs. Canucks post-game

Special teams once again shine in 6-2 home rout of Vancouver

Written by Derek Felska
Tuesday, 19 October 2010 20:02

You can certainly tell when you feel sickness coming on, from the constant level of congestion, the inability to breath normally without sniffling, or the nasty green phlegm you cough up. Its disgusting and miserable. From coughing with a nasty hacking sound that makes you sound as though you're coughing up a lung to a near constant state of fatigue. These are what are of course known as flu-like symptoms. I received exposure to this contagion from my students, who are often bacteria and virus-filled magnets. I know that sounds very mean, but it's true. They exhibit all the symptoms I just explained to you, and then they wipe their hands on the desks, tables, chairs and books and pretty soon your body just can't take it. I think teachers have terrific immune systems and a high tolerance but its tough staying healthy when you're on the front lines that are normally reserved for doctors and nurses. The Minnesota Wild certainly know how this feels as the flu has begun to ravage the team. Making matters a little more excruciating, a horrendous effort on Saturday necessitated Wild Head Coach Todd Richards to run his team through an intense practice to let his team know that sort of play is unacceptable. Will hard work be the cure, while the players do their best to keep their strength while battling the flu? We may even have a Colton Gillies sighting as he was called up from Houston, which is a sign of how his hard work is being recognized.

It is almost fitting that a new disease makes its way into Xcel Energy Center, in the much-hated arch rival Vancouver Canucks coming to town. The Canucks are a lot like a bad rash. Tough to shake, irritable and highly contagious. Vancouver, a team who many experts picked to be the class of the NHL this season; even with the Hockey News going so far to call them their favorite to win the Stanley Cup has stumbled out of the gate. Teams have not just rolled over at the strength of this prediction, what a surprise?!?! Its hockey, of course it isn't. It makes me think about how in the cult classic film Slap Shot where Charlestown Chiefs broadcaster Jim Carr seems pretty disinterested at hearing Dave "Killer" Carlson's battle with the cold. Its hockey, toughen up! So will the Wild toughen up and show some heart or will the play sick and look ready to die? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
i agree, i hope they put Jose in for their next tilt.
I believe they are.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm

good deal,

also i dunno if you saw in the suggestions/site area but we are working on Merch right now through Cafe Press. got 2 t shirts in mind and maybe a sticker or two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GDT Wild vs Canucks    GDT Wild vs Canucks  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GDT Wild vs Canucks
Page 1 of 1