Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Big 10 (12) Division names announced

Go down 
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Leaders and Legends will be the names of the conference. What........the..........fuck?

Ok, I know geographically it is hard to do east, west, north, south, etc.

And with each school having a rich history of historical players, naming after a player, coach, alum, would piss a lot of people off from other schools.
So they go with Legends. Ok, I am fine with Legends. But Leaders?!?

Dynasty division? (and if it were the shittier of the two people could call it the big Nasty)
Prestige division?

Leaders just sounds stupid.

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!"
Back to top Go down
http://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Yeah it is a horrible decision. Nothing is good about it. Division names or new logo.

F- for overall effort.

00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

oh yeah, the logo sucks now too.

The old one with the 11 in it was kind of cute, and they prolly could have done something with a 12 somewhere, but instead we get this

A good friend will bail you out of jail, but your best friend will be the one sitting next to you saying "That was fucking awesome!"
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

They shoulda changed the name to MEGA CONFERENCE. I honestly think the divisions would be better if they were named "Red" and "Blue" or something dumb like that.

00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm

or put them in divisions like this

iowa, minnesota, wisconsin, northwestern, penn state, and michigan (the animal division)
nebraska, illinois, indiana, ohio state, purdue and michigan state (the nonanimal division)

Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 am

Kevin W wrote:
They shoulda changed the name to MEGA CONFERENCE. I honestly think the divisions would be better if they were named "Red" and "Blue" or something dumb like that.
I agree. I'm a big fan of tradition but what does the "Ten" in Big Ten stand for? And a follow up, how many teams are in the Big Ten?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   

Back to top Go down

Big 10 (12) Division names announced
Page 1 of 1