Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Derek Boogaard found dead...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

Derek Boogaard found dead... Empty
PostSubject: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:14 pm

Sad day today... Boogaard was found dead in his Minneapolis Apartment today...

Boogaard found dead...

RIP Boogieman, you will be missed, but never forgotten!

Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Remembering Boogaard...

This was one of the best hits I've ever had the priviledge of seeing first hand... was sitting just 4 rows behind the glass right where this happened!

Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 1:32 am

Don't know whether to cry or vomit. It's that same feeling when hearing about Zholtok. Just doesn't make sense.

Derek Boogaard found dead... Boogie2006

Derek Boogaard found dead... WildVictory06071

Derek Boogaard found dead... Boogievs-1

Derek Boogaard found dead... PA270048
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:48 am

I also immediately was reminded of the Zholtok situation...

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:34 am

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 4:44 am

just so sad right now
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:13 am

Lou Nanne, a former player, coach and general manager for the North Stars who is close friends with many inside the Wild organization, admired Boogaard.

"Derek had a real zest for life; he always seemed to have a smile on his face." Nanne said. "I am totally surprised by this tragic news, and my thoughts and prayers are certainly with the Minnesota Wild organization and his family."

"On the ice he was quite an imposing figure, but off the ice he really was a gentle giant,” Nanne said.

Nanne will remember Boogaard as a throwback player.
"Boogey knew what his role was, and he embraced being the enforcer, but he did it the right way,” Nanne said. “Derek was beloved by his teammates and respected by players throughout the NHL because of the way he played the game."
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:27 am

I can't sleep. Just sick over it. Mind is racing, yet every thought is blank. It's amazing how we can be affected by people we've never even met. I guess we get so emotionally invested in the team (and its players) that it starts to feel like they're 'old' friends.

I didn't mind seeing him go onto New York, because it was simply time to part ways. But there were so many great memories of him here, and he was just a genuinely nice person. And so freaking young to pass away.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:29 am

it was great being able to watch the entire X get ready to explode in cheers and laughes when there was potential for a Boogey goal
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:31 am

I loved the "Boogie" chant during Game 4 of the Wild/Ducks series. The way he was standing up on the bench during the final minutes...taunting them moron....priceless.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 5:49 am

Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:32 am

Mega bummed this morning. R.I.P Boogey.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:25 pm

the Lodge able to do the green CCM/Koho ones still? I always wanted a boogie one done, but held off when he was traded. this only soldifies my thoughts of getting one now
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 2:28 pm

Derek Boogaard found dead... Derek_boogaard_celebrates
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 8:40 pm

Larry Brooks is starting to piss me off. A little respect for a few days, eh?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:30 am

Why do Wild fans instantly ask for a number to be retired everytime something like this happens? No we should not have retired Zholtok's number and no we should not retire Boogaard's!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:12 pm

i think more outcry over retiring this number has come up because of how much of a fan favorite Boogie was.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:17 pm

I still think you can honor his number somehow in the rafters. He was a fan favorite. You don't have to keep it off limits from any future players, but don't let the fans forget the good times associated with him and the team.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 9:48 pm

^exactly, which is what they will do. They will honor him during a Rags/Wild game and then have a display like Zholtok has in the Xcel for him.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
i think more outcry over retiring this number has come up because of how much of a fan favorite Boogie was.
You obviously forgot the outcry to retire Zholtok's number as well... that was every bit, if not more of an outcry.

Kevin W wrote:
I still think you can honor his number somehow in the rafters. He was a fan favorite. You don't have to keep it off limits from any future players, but don't let the fans forget the good times associated with him and the team.
You don't have to put it in the rafters for that... put memorabilia/sweater in a case in the concourse as they did with Zholtok. That's the perfect solution IMO for honoring someone who will ultimately just be a footnote in Wild history.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 7:56 pm

/me was not around for sergei's death
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:11 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
/me was not around for sergei's death
That's where I'm getting at with this... when Sergei passed, there were endless amounts of calls to retire the #33... and now we're hearing the same for #24.

I'm not saying ignore what he did... but you can't retire a guy's number for playing only 5mins/game and mostly being ridiculed for those 5mins and only thanked for those rare moments that people have posted via youtube. Sure... he had some key moments, but for the most part everyone was pretty damned happy when the Wild let him go.

Honor him with a sticker on the helmet and a pre-game ceremony as they did with Zholtok, nothing needs to hang in the rafters for this. He wasn't even a member of the team anymore, and his number is already currently in use by Havlat.

No need to force Havlat to use another number at this point.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:47 pm

i dunno, maybe it would make havlat finally do something!!!! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Derek Boogaard found dead...   Derek Boogaard found dead... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Derek Boogaard found dead...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next