Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)

Go down 
+2
forthewild
00Xtremeninja
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) Empty
PostSubject: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 6:56 pm

xtremeninja00

I got MW2 and NHL 2010
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 9:44 pm

psn id neco8

don't have either of those two but have fat princess, Uncharted 2 and Demon's souls

highly recommend fat princess 14.99 on psn
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:51 am

Didn't get Dragon Age: Origins, so will have to pick that one up this coming week...

But also some great news for those with an Xbox 360 as well... Mass Effect 2 comes out 1/26/10!!!

Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 2:07 pm

Superior PS3? Talk about an oxymoron!! Razz

NHL10 , CODMW2, Assaisns Creed 2, NHL10 (wii), Sport Resort & Motion Plus (wii)

Tony Hawk Wireless skateboard and game (360)

These are all my kids' games but I'm sure I'll be playing a few of em' a bit. Wink
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:50 pm

Damn Ceh you and I can't agree on anything, ps3 has a ton more exclusives for one Fat Princess is the best game ever made just the concept of having to feed her cake to make her too fat for the other team to steal her is just plain gold.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 5:54 pm

Ahh dude I don't own a ps3 so my opinion was more tongue in cheek than anything else. Most that own both say the ps3 is superior so I'll have to defer to their opinions. Razz

I'm not a huge gamer at all, I downloaded an arcade called Battlefield 1943 about 4 months ago and between that and NHL those are really the only 2 games I play. (COD frustrates the fuck out of me...I suck. My 6 year old can easily snipe me)
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 7:47 pm

360 ftw! Razz

I just got Assassin's Creed II for xmas so I'm going to be playing that in the upcoming days...heard it was great.

And yeah Talon you should get Dragon Age....hell of a long game but it ranks near the top of my list of greatest games I've ever played. I'm also verrrrry excited for Mass Effect 2.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:52 pm

I picked that up a couple days ago. It's pretty decent for sure. Still too early to really judge it though.

As for what ceh said about people with both systems preferring the ps3... that's absolutely correct! I have both myself, and the ps3 is a FAR better system. Though there are exclusive games on the 360 such as the Mass Effect series for example, that cannot be ignored, thus I have both. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm so pissed off at Microsoft....in the past week I've been playing Assassin's II and I noticed the coloring was off at some parts...everything would turn greenish...then it would go away. Then after that there would be red streaks through the screen...but it would go away. As the week went on..it got worse...and eventually I would turn on the Xbox and nothing would show up on the TV...so I'm guessing hte video card is ruined.

This is the 3rd Xbox I've had that's broken...each one a different way (and it's not my fault....I treat it like it's worth a fortune...)

Anyway...I've had just about enough from Microsoft....makes me so angry how I'm going to have to pay for this to be repaired...honestly how can a company get away with having people pay them for the mistakes they've made? It's outrageous.

Rant over
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Shitty deal doc.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 4:59 pm

Indeed...I suppose the only consolation is that 4 other guys at our house have Xboxs so when one of them are gone I'll just steal their's for awhile....but still it's extremely frustrating.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:30 pm

PC games: counterstrike source, half life 2, Sid Meier games, warcraft, ect... Nothing compares to PC games. Has a company even attempted to port crysis to a console? Razz

edit: Forgot to mention that most console games are available on PC in some way or another
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:24 pm

So did I get like the only Xbox 360 that isn't a lemon? I've had mine since 2007 and have had zero issues with it... ever.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:36 am

No problems here either TaLoN
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

so my experiences thus far.

NHL 10 is a blast, and i like the reality of it more than the nhl2k series. i switched the control to classic style though, the way it had it setup with using the right control stick to shoot was pissing me off. the be a pro mode is cool. got my own guy working his way up in the Aeros system. it is a nice challenge too, at least every time i shoot a slapper it doesn't go in or makes the goalie do some sort of crazy save like in the 2k series.

MW2 is addicting as all hell. like WAW i play a little of the campaign to get used to it, then jumped right into online play. the perks, titles, emblems, and challenges are extensive enough to keep me busy and interested. I have found my niche, def a light machine gun type of person. assault rifles are too slow (but waiting to unlock the M16 as it looks promising) and the sniper rifles get me caught in too many close combat situations that i end up losing. sub machine guns are nice, but offer no long range, which is needed in more of these levels. Currently a lvl 31 and moving at a nice steady pace.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:21 pm

timotheuzi wrote:
PC games: counterstrike source, half life 2, Sid Meier games, warcraft, ect... Nothing compares to PC games. Has a company even attempted to port crysis to a console? Razz

edit: Forgot to mention that most console games are available on PC in some way or another

Crytek is making ps3/360 Crysis, all ps3 exclusive games are not on pc only 360 but those arn't exclusive WoW is awesome
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
I'm so pissed off at Microsoft....in the past week I've been playing Assassin's II and I noticed the coloring was off at some parts...everything would turn greenish...then it would go away. Then after that there would be red streaks through the screen...but it would go away. As the week went on..it got worse...and eventually I would turn on the Xbox and nothing would show up on the TV...so I'm guessing hte video card is ruined.

This is the 3rd Xbox I've had that's broken...each one a different way (and it's not my fault....I treat it like it's worth a fortune...)

Anyway...I've had just about enough from Microsoft....makes me so angry how I'm going to have to pay for this to be repaired...honestly how can a company get away with having people pay them for the mistakes they've made? It's outrageous.

Rant over

Get a ps3, durable as fuck, also MSFT payed over 1.5billion to make a lawsuit go away over the RROD in their 3 year warranty the estimated failure rate ranges from 25%-35% so basically 1 in 3 will fail. May be a bit better now but don't be a sucker for a shitty product.

Come to the Dark Side
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 am

forthewild wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:

Rant over

Get a ps3, durable as fuck, also MSFT payed over 1.5billion to make a lawsuit go away over the RROD in their 3 year warranty the estimated failure rate ranges from 25%-35% so basically 1 in 3 will fail. May be a bit better now but don't be a sucker for a shitty product.

Come to the Dark Side

They should be sued....making their customers pay for hardware failures is robbery plain and simple...if you pay that much for a machine it better damn well work...and if it doesn't...it's not my fault and I shouldn't have to pay for the shitty product.

I really do think about getting a PS3 sometimes and I wish I had done it in the first place...but I have so many 360 games right now that idk if it would be worth it...we'll see though.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:34 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
forthewild wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:

Rant over

Come to the Dark Side

They should be sued....making their customers pay for hardware failures is robbery plain and simple...if you pay that much for a machine it better damn well work...and if it doesn't...it's not my fault and I shouldn't have to pay for the shitty product.

I really do think about getting a PS3 sometimes and I wish I had done it in the first place...but I have so many 360 games right now that idk if it would be worth it...we'll see though.

They actually were sued about the RROD, but they settled by extending the RROD warranty to 3 years, however never fully fixed the problem, they released new upgrades to the hardware but its still unreliable, Ebay is your best fired, unless you play all those games regularly you can ebay them to some sucker there is plenty of Canuck fans out there you're bound to find one
lol!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:06 pm

RROD...wahhhhh

My 60 has been fine and I feel it's due to being a next gen machine. Your fucking dellusional if you think they havent fixed a known issue in subsequent generations.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:09 pm

had a pretty funny kill last night on MW2. Threw a Semtex at a guy and it got stuck on him, ok no big deal. But it was the game winning kill. Thing stuck right to the back of his head and it was awesome watching this guy spin in a circle trying to find the bomb and then POW.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:11 pm

I tried to play MW2 last night. Gawd I'm awful at first person shooters. UGHH
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:17 pm

i have gotten better each time i play. a few of my buddies are crazy good.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:28 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
RROD...wahhhhh

My 60 has been fine and I feel it's due to being a next gen machine. Your fucking dellusional if you think they havent fixed a known issue in subsequent generations.

Yeah I'm guessing they've gotten better....but its just my luck to have 3 faulty ones...with a different problem for each one...story of my life really. Oh well maybe my next one will be the one
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:30 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
I tried to play MW2 last night. Gawd I'm awful at first person shooters. UGHH

It takes time that's for sure...it took me a few months of playing Halo to get good at that....then after that all first persons were pretty much the same so once you learn one you learn them all I'd say....I used to be pretty damn good at Halo though...but now....not so good lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)   Superior Game System Name Off (PS3) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Superior Game System Name Off (PS3)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next