Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.

Go down 
+3
faribogopherguy
Kevin W
00Xtremeninja
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:59 am

Ok, some might find it dorky, childish, or stupid, but one of my guilty pleasures is watching the grown man soap opera of pro wrestling. Over the past year and a half since getting Directv I have gotten back into being able to catch Monday Night RAW. And this past Monday was by far one of the better ones since I have hopped back on watching again.

I never thought I would see Bret Hart come back to the WWE. Now, I have read his book and HBK's book and they both had some strong dislike for eachother. I know all of the stuff is setup and practiced before hand, but if their interview/closure from two nights ago was real and they infact have gotten past Montreal, then that is awesome.

Now for Vince, I figure the two of them are cool again (but for how long?). Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:15 pm

TNA was sweet for the first hour. And then it turned into old (bad) WCW. Hogan/Bischoff/Hall/Nash....ugh.
Raw is always boring. Although it was cool to see Bret Hart come back. I thought it was a shitty ending to an otherwise cool event. I mean, if you're gonna go all bad guy on bret, at least do something cool. Don't just gingerly kick him and scamper away from the ring.

Bret Hart vs. Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania. I'm just sayin...
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:52 pm

What I'm hearing is that Hart vs. McMahon will happen at Wrestlemania. Hart definitely looked like he's aged in the years since he's been out of wrestling. So you got Hart vs. McMahon and Michaels vs. Undertaker for Wrestlemania. Hopefully they can book stronger than that for the rest of the card. Sorry, but it's been too much too soon for Sheamus, I'm thinking he doesn't have the belt for too long. With that being said, how do you book Wrestlemania without it being the same feuds retreaded.

I'm a wrestling wonk too, but in the sense of what are they doing for storylines, booking and which performers are getting a push. I'm hoping TNA isn't going to WCW the Second route. It failed once for a reason. They have a niche already. Build around that.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Hart vs McMahon eh? I think they left it as a kick to the gut because they did want to over do it and have people think "vince is a massive asshole for picking on a guy who had a stroke" Bret has aged, but he still has that same look to him.

I would love to see HBK and Taker again at Mania, and I speculate this time around HBK wins because he has said he is going to retire after this years Mania.

I hate Sheamus so much. Built up way too fast and I grow tired of the whole "power house, unstoppable force" image they have him in. Kinda like Goldberg. So now that the mighty Cena couldn't take him down, who will? Big Show? Nope. Maybe JBL will come back?
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:24 pm

Bring back Mike Knox! LOL.

I still stand by that if anyone ever beats Undertaker at Wrestlemania I will NEVER watch a WWE based program ever again. That's the one storyline they've had running obviously for years that I stand behind. It's a cool little gimmick.

And if it will wind up being Taker/HBK...I will be kinda upset. I strongly dislike reusing the same match at major PPV in consecutive years. And don't try and trick me by making it a "Hell in a Cell" match.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:52 pm

they will have it be in shawns favor, a ladder match.

has taker ever been in a ladder match???
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

I think so. I remember something about him and Jeff Hardy doing one.

He had a TLC match with Edge too once.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:28 pm

I almost hate to say this but I enjoyed what tna is trying to do... it was fun seeing those old fogies for one last run and all I can hope is they build a story line that somehow lets the old guys "pass the torch" to the young tna stars(beer money, matt morgan, hernandez, aj styles ect ect) that match between kurt and aj was a show stopper but aside from that and a few appearances and real womens wrestling with the knockouts tag match all of the matches were under 5-6 mins and some were poorly scripted. They based it too much off hogans return, it was nice to see the enigma (jeff hardy) back on tna even if it was for one night. the sting in the rafters thing needs to go unless they are just trying to build back his mistique for him to retire. that cage was a mess, the cage was hard to see though it was a cluster*** and homicide couldnt even escape the cage, the barbed wire match didnt happen which was weak. I look forward to seeing how the story line will turn out I'm sure it was the old nwo attacking everyone and sending a message all night,if they can do this right and focus more on the young guys this could be a good thing for tna to give it a little push.. which in turn will push wwe so us as fans will get a better product from both companies. Althogh I disagree with the whole wcw angle they are taking it really took me back to when i watched wrestling hardcore to see some of those guys.

Speculation I have heard(not to say I think any of all of it is true but its what i have read so please dont kill the messenger lol just trying to bring up some random things to discuss):
-Diamond Dallas Page to tna
-Hart going to tna after wrestlemania(as he showed the wolfpac sign at the end of raw)
-Hart vs vince at wreslemania ..this one i think is a given at this point
-rvd to tna
-nasty boys vs the dudleys in a hardcore match at the next tna ppv
-Macho man coming back to end that charade of jay "black machismo" lethal and make -him actually watchable again.
- 4 horsemen return on tna lead by raisin man flair and aj styles

now who knows what is just fan babble and whats fact out of that but its what Ive read.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm

I was hoping for a J Lethal moment on Monday, but it never came.

And don't get wrong, a part of me was excited to see all the old farts come out, but it also conjured up the sad ending of the WCW as well. If they actually use the talent TNA has, it could be good/great. And like you said, in the long run...even if TNA sticks to the WCW-ish gimmick, it should ultimately make WWE put out a better product. And that is something that has been lacking for years.

I heard about the RVD thing too. Was surprised he didn't come out.

I would also like Samoa Joe to be more than just a sloth in the ring. His matches used to be fun. Now it's like someone is slowly bleeding the life out of me.
Back to top Go down
CJayWild

CJayWild

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm guessing that it will be Hart vs, Vin-Man at Wrestlemania. It seems Vince has a knack of wrestling past superstars on the big stage.

I would LOVE to see a HBK-Taker Hell in the Cell match like they had in '97!

I Wikipediaed Shemus, and it seems like he was a stud over in Europe, so that's why I'm guessing he's getting the big push.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:24 pm

i missed that Wolfpac thing at the end of RAW. So speaking of Jeff Hardy, what is his status with WWE? I figured he was going to be transferring to TNA due to his drug charge things and WWE not liking that type of press.

I would also hope Kennedy makes a run for TNA too. I need to start watching TNA, I miss some of the guys that they have on there. As you guys have said it would drive me away if they did a whole WCW-ish approach and fuck it up. These shows realize they shouldn't try to uphand the WWE in that way because WWE always finds a way to put their overpain writers to use and make a few weeks of a ratings killer and be done with it.

I still say bring back Mosh and Thrash
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Jeff Hardy signed a contract with TNA for full now. He's still got those drug charges pending though.
It's hard being a pot/coke/opium head and traveling with the WWE. At least in TNA he mainly stays in Florida with much less traveling to the other states.

Word is that Booker T may be coming back to WWE at the Rumble too. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
Jeff Hardy signed a contract with TNA for full now. He's still got those drug charges pending though.
It's hard being a pot/coke/opium head and traveling with the WWE. At least in TNA he mainly stays in Florida with much less traveling to the other states.

Word is that Booker T may be coming back to WWE at the Rumble too. We shall see.

Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. 4d825ef60d10a98cf34df24

guess i am going to have to turn to TNA to see Hardy. oh and the Dudley Boyz!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 9:47 pm

So this is the only active thread in General for the past 2 days huh? How disappointing.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:02 pm

Never thought I would be in the minority in that I know nothing about what you guys are talking about.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:10 pm

i didn't think it would get this active either,

come on ceh? I know Stampede wrestling had to have been broadcast when you were a kid
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:21 pm

Maple Leaf wrestling as a kid. My grandpa (rest his soul) used to let me swear and use my middle finger. I LOVED it!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:22 pm

Maple Leaf wrestling?? Does that mean nobody won?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:23 pm

i agree wrestling isn't what it was, but i think for many of us as young boys it played a role in our life somewhere. at least for a majority of boys
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:

nah, it used to be the premier organization before turning to shitty story lines and then a crazy owner came along buying what he thought was top talent and promising the stories to get better, but still failed to do so.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:24 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:

don't forget the only time our 2 nations fought the Canadians burnt down the White House.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 10:25 pm

LoL! We can all enjoy a good Toronto Maple Leaf joke can't we? Razz
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:58 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:

don't forget the only time our 2 nations fought the Canadians burnt down the White House.

It was probably a legit accident. Someone was probably just trying to start a fire for overnight to stay warm and it got out of control.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 12:55 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
LoL! We can all enjoy a good Toronto Maple Leaf joke can't we? Razz

Seriously, if I was born and raised in Toronto i'd have to tune out the NHL and become an Argonauts fan. (CFL in case ya didnt know!)
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:22 am

I'm glad someone started this topic without anyone else coming on and saying, "I can't believe you watch that stuff, its fake". My reply has always been, "so is nearly every movie made".

Ceh's line about watching Maple Leaf Wrestling reminded me of when I was a teenager and life stopped at 5:05 pm on Saturday night on TBS for 2 hours. I could hear the old man that lived across the strett yelling his head off. My fave was when there'd be a black wrestler and he'd yell, "go get 'em blackie!!!!"

RVD to TNA would be a big plus to me watching them more. Putting him in with AJ Styles or Christopher Daniels would be classic matchups.

BTW, if you like your old school wrestling, WWE Classics on Demand is a must. $8 a month. They show old Nitros and Raws. They have wrestling shows from the old days on there. Just saw AWA wrestling from 1979 on there today. Plus they show old PPV's. Good stuff monthly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.   Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official WWE/WWF Discussion Thread.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next