Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton

Go down 
+2
timotheuzi
KillerCarlson
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton Empty
PostSubject: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 1:06 am

Wild vs. Edmonton

Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to the Oilers
Written by Derek Felska
Monday, 05 April 2010 08:34

It is an absolute dream come true for any hockey player, to finally reach the NHL even if its a few games which is the chance so very few ever get. A "cup of coffee" is what its called and you have to wonder what it must be like for Elk River's Nate Prosser who is going to get his NHL debut tonight. Prosser, who just graduated from Colorado College after playing for the Tigers for four seasons signs a pro deal with his hometown team and now gets to live that dream that he may have had when he first laced up his skates in the little stone warming house in the "Pit" in Elk River. Prosser no doubt looked up at the picture of other Elk River greats like Joel Otto kissing the Stanley Cup as a member of the 1989 Cup winning Calgary Flames and Dan Hinote who won a Stanley Cup with the Colorado Avalanche in 2001, and then went up through the program seeing current New Jersey Devil Paul Martin win the coveted Mr. Hockey an award in 2000. Prosser himself was a strong high school player under the tuteledge of Tony Sarsland, as the Elks' on-ice minutes leader and a quality power play quarterback who played a similar style of game to Martin. In fact I vividly remember Prosser dressing for the Elks, and playing in the Xcel Energy Center during a holiday tournament.

As an Elk River native it makes me immensely proud to see another hometown kid make it to the NHL but to even get a "Cup of Coffee" with the Wild makes it that much sweeter. The fact Prosser is getting his shot is a testament to the onslaught of injuries the Wild have dealt with the last few games. Although I doubt Nate Prosser will really care as to the circumstances how he gets into his first NHL game. So will the Wild have enough to beat the lowly Oilers or will Minnesota give their fans something to cheer about in an awful season? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a prospect report and a Houston Aeros report too. Tough one to watch...
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:51 am

so if we keep losing, we maybe get a 4% chance for the first pick?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 pm

I believe the highest you can move in a draft is up 3 spots. So no. (If this is the case which I'm pretty sure it is)
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:20 pm

I find myself rooting for St. Louis this last week.

GO BLUES!
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:56 pm

the one positive I drew from the last couple games is Wellman and possibly Almond making the team and taking up two "cheap but effective" 4th line roster spots next year. Prosser didn't look bad in his debut either.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm really quite pleased with Wellman and I liked Almond in the two Aeros games we went to this season. It's hard to glean anything decent from the crappy internet feed for AHL games.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
I believe the highest you can move in a draft is up 3 spots. So no. (If this is the case which I'm pretty sure it is)
4 spots actually...
Ok, we were both wrong...

From Russo...

As for the 2010 Draft in Los Angeles, the NHL's Central Scouting Service put out its final rankings today. Tyler Seguin from Plymouth is No. 1, Taylor Hall from Windsor is No. 2. The Draft lottery will be on Versus on Tuesday at 7 p.m.

Right now, the Wild would pick ninth, and they always hit home runs when picking No. 9

Right now, the Wild has a 2.7 percent chance of winning the lottery, and no, that doesn't mean the rights to pick Seguin or Hall. No team can move up more than five spots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton   Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild battered and mentally beaten in 4-1 road loss to Edmonton
Page 1 of 1