Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! Empty
PostSubject: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:41 am

Title pretty much speaks for itself. I need bloggers for each team so I can have a full team of writers ready to go when I launch my site hopefully in the next couple of weeks here.

Just wanted to let whoever might be interested that I will need a 1 (maybe 2) bloggers for each NHL team for a brand new NHL website that I am creating. For starters, I have my own blog for the Wild (www.wildstateofhockey.com) but I am in the process of getting it moved over to a new platform (vBulletin) where I not only want to have it be dedicated to the Wild, but to every NHL team.

At the moment, I am just gauging interest to see who would like to help out, but I can't run a website about the NHL just by myself. That's where you guys come in. At the moment, I have another guy that I am teaming up with to run the website itself while also blogging/writing articles about the Minnesota Wild. This website is not going to just be a blog, but an actual website with the homepage having links to full stats, schedules, interviews, etc all done from a fans point of view while also having an area for each teams information including the blogs written about that specific team from you, the fans. There's also going to be a forum tied to it as well where we will all be able to interact with each other and discuss anything and everything about the NHL.

The layout of this website will be similar to this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/content.php

As you can see, the possibilites to this website can be/are endless and I am SUPER excited to get this thing launched. The charge (as can be seen here: https://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php?do=step1 ) is $285 for a new license through vBulletin which covers pretty much everything as far as support, so it really isn't that bad. What I am asking from for whoever wants to blog your team of choice, is a $10 donation (with 30 teams, that is $300 to cover the cost of launching this website) so we can launch this website.

Anyways, feel free to post any questions, inquiries, or apply interest in helping me out in this thread, or please email me (my name is TJ) at wildstateofhockey@yahoo.com

This is NOT going to be a halfassed effort by just slapping something together and it will die out in a year or two. This is an idea that I've wanted to accomplish for a little while now and I think that the internet has a severe lack of presence as far as a fan presence dedicated website and I really want to provide a forum where fans can voice their opinion on a place elsewhere than NHL.com.

Anyways, I hope to get some interest from you diehard hockey fans in helping me out. Again, feel free to ask away. Can't wait to get this thing launched.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:43 am

ninja, isnt your buddy on this website a diehard Blues fan? I currently don't have a Blues blogger yet...

People/teams that have shown interest already in just the past 24 hours:

Lightning x2
Stars x1
Sabres x1
Red Wings x1
Capitals x2
Penguins x2
Rangers x2
Avalanche x1

Also, on a sidenote, please let everyone know that you think might be interested in this to either send me an email at wildstateofhockey@yahoo.com or to post right here in this thread. Thanks guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lers

PostSubject: Re: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 2:54 am

How much are you paying me for my advice?
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 5:54 pm

Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me!
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:53 am

And to add to this pyramid scheme, I have now added a donation tab in the upper right hand part of my blog (wildstateofhockey.com) to accept donations to launch the new site!

As soon as we get a total of $285, the new website will be launched!

Help donate fellow friends! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!   New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Blog/Website/Forum being started soon, need bloggers to join the team!
Page 1 of 1