Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

drinking and politics can work at times

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zamboni14

drinking and politics can work at times Empty
PostSubject: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:27 am

I used to post blogs from time to time on my myspace page, but since I don't use myspace anymore and my rants are a bit too "R" rated at times for kids, I avoid doing them on facebook (I have lots of family as "friends.") I thought, why not throw one up here since I am lurking around more and more due to the hockey season being upon us, and maybe some of you will see it and respond to it (agree, disagree... feel free and open to say what you will about this.)

So I watched the gov. debate tonight (twice actually, once live and once online.) And holy shit I can't believe how once again we are heading into yet another total fucking car wreck that we can all see a mile away... yet nobody (or at least not enough) have the fucking balls to actually get their shit together to avoid it!

We have 3 candidates running; Emmer (R), Dayton (D) and Horner (IP.) Simple enough, sounds like most elections. Now here's where I start to get pissed off...

Dayton; a life politician who's lived off his fathers money. He's about as traditional of a Dem as you'll find. Tax, tax and tax. His speeches are frail, weak sounding and he looks totally out of place. Every time the guy speaks, he looks like a bigger cry baby then Paul Walker in ANY movie he's in. Any moment, I expect him to fall on his knees and start balling his fucking eyes out while screaming; "WHY!!!!???" With him in office, people will have ZERO confidence in him or what he's saying. That is not what we need in a leader... no matter how you slice it.

Emmer; This guy is so fucking smug and arrogant that he looks like a political cartoon from the early 1900's. Every debate he's looking down across his nose at whoever is answering the question being presented. Then you have his policy ideas... cut everything as much as possible. Sound familiar? Timmy P has been doing that for a while now. He's also having to "clear" up what is being said about him and how "that's really not accurate" to say about him... yet there is footage of him saying those exact fucking words time and time again! He's about as far to the right as you can get. Or, he's the exact polar opposite from Dayton as one can get.

Horner; yes he tried to run as a republican first and lost to Emmer, but that doesn't change the fact that he's actually got good ideas and is easily more "middle" in terms of the political field. He's a "right-leaning" independent if you will that is willing to compromise with the "left" on issues.

Yes this is my biased view (BTW) so if you don't like it... tuff shit, this is my posting! Feel free to respond with your own view of the 3 of them.

So what has me all pissed off? The fact that once again, odds of Horner winning is slim and already people are staying; "oh well I don't want to waste my vote." You know what... FUCK YOU! Voting for some one just so the other person doesn't win is wasting your fucking vote a lot more then voting for some one you actually agree with! You don't like Emmer? Great, neither do I. But don't vote for Dayton just because "well Emmer might win if I don't vote for Dayton then." That's a fucking crock of shit! Not to mention that's the EXACT mindset that got our asses into this situation to begin with... voting time and time again for the "lesser of two evils."

Think about it... all those years ago... Bush vs Gore. Wow, good thing all of us Nadar voters "wasted" our votes... we might have put in one of those two assholes that totally fucked up our economy. And yes THEY fucked it up. Don't give me this shit about "oh well the dems were in power" or "oh well Bush was president.." all of these left and right extreme groups know full fucking well they climbed into the cockpit of the plane and drove that son of a bitch straight into the ground when they BOTH agreed with NAFTA.

But we are talking about local politics, and I don't want to get off on a total tangent into other issues in Washington.

One thing stuck out to me in the debate tonight. Emmer (while talking about health care) talked about how someone said to him; "now real estate transactions are paying for the healthcare bill, when will it stop?" Yeah, you heard right... you have to pay 3.8% sales tax when you sell your house because of the healthcare bill. But that's not totally the truth. You'll have to pay that if you A) earn more then $500k a year and B) if it's above $250k sale for a non-primary residence. Translation... if you are in the "upper income" and just sold off your cabin up on Leech Lake, you have to pay the 3.8%. Nobody in the middle class is going to be put on the hook for this. But Emmer fails to mention this... oh no. He makes fucking sure that he leaves that part out so it "scares" people into thinking that if they sell their house under a democrat rule, they'll have to pay a sales tax. But worse... PEOPLE BELIEVE THIS SHIT!!!!

We all know politicians are as crooked as the day is long, so why the fuck are we believing them time and time again!? Do we want to be duped all the time by these people? Do we want to elect people that we know are a bunch of liars, just so we can say; "you lied!!!!" And then act all surprised that they really did lie to us... or in their words; "well it wasn't a lie... the 3.8% tax is real." Remember when you were a kid and you were told to tell the WHOLE truth? I guess none of these people got that fucking memo... and their followers like to ignore that idea when it suits them.

You hear some people being called "sheep" at times by people who choose to "defy" popular belief. Well guess what... I'm starting to actually understand what the REAL meaning of that is. I'm seeing it every couple years during elections when people blindly vote without actually paying attention to what is said and done, then wonder why they are heading to the butcher to be cut up and sold for profit. And you know what, I feel no pity any more for these people. All these people that are unemployed for years, all these people who are crying out "we need help," or "our government needs to be changed." You know what... you get that chance when you get to vote. Yet every fucking time those half brain dead assholes keep going with that DOESN'T work time and time again. Hmmmmm, maybe a whole fucking decade of depression type of unemployment will finally get the fucking point across to these people that they can't just sit back and check off one person or the other based on their party... because frankly neither side really gives two shits about you or your problems. All they care about is their base... the people that are either far left or far right. Why? Because they know that most of the "independents" will fall in line just like everyone else because far too many of them are too chicken shit to actually stick to their guns and "waste" their vote with all the others so that neither republican or democrat wins in an election.

IMO.. if Horner isn't voted on Nov. 2nd, I'll just turn to people when they complain about the state of the state and say to them; what did you expect? You were too fucking gutless to actually make your fucking vote count for a fucking change you chicken shit sheep who'll only vote one way or the other because "you didn't want one person to win" when neither of them give you shits about you and your fucking problems. So here I am telling you that I don't give two shits about your problems either, maybe next time you'll vote for me now.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 12:36 pm

bwahahahahahah, i am really glad you got intoxicated and watched politics.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:22 am

damn... I had to read this while sober to see exactly what I said.
Back to top Go down
kikarse

kikarse

PostSubject: Re: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 2:55 am

this is so lame that it could bring a tear to an eye
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:16 am

well we have a government shut down and people are complaining about it. Guess I'll have to stick to my word...

Quote :
what did you expect? You were too fucking gutless to actually make your fucking vote count for a fucking change you chicken shit sheep who'll only vote one way or the other because "you didn't want one person to win" when neither of them give you shits about you and your fucking problems. So here I am telling you that I don't give two shits about your problems either, maybe next time you'll vote for me now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: drinking and politics can work at times   drinking and politics can work at times I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

drinking and politics can work at times
Page 1 of 1