Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things Empty
PostSubject: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:21 am

I responded to a tweet/blog entry you made about the dangers of 4Loko and how I thought someone with a RN degree would at least spell the word "super" right. http://nursebridgid.blogspot.com/ your response was to check out the grammar of your blog and then I'll be taken seriously. I think you meant to say "your" but that darn Iphone must have tripped you up huh? As for my grammar, I fully knew I would be tweeting during the Wild game buzzed off of 4loko, so my misspellings were anticipated.

So I went and read many of your postings in your blog and you state a lot of facts, but don't have ANY credible sources to back them up. On top of that it looks like you gain your information from many sites around the web and you don't cite them. That's a big no no in ANY professional community.

Stop limiting yourself to 140 characters and lets hash this out like true professionals. I await your response.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:59 am

plus you said you want people to question you, so here I am..........
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 am

Haha. 4loko strikes again!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:50 pm

I see you signed up!! Now, please, please, please don't interpret this thread as a means of me trying to be a troll and get into a bash fight about what is going on. Simply a place to discuss thoughts and opinions about some things. I didn't think it was fair for people who follow your Twitter to see some hockey nut flood your page, and not fair for the few that follow the hockey world here to see my posts flooded towards you.

When reading through the blog it does contain significant information, however I feel that (and this is coming from my area of study background) you need to mention where you got your information from to back up your suggestions to people. Especially in the world of health. You should know from hands on experience how quick people are to jump the gun on trying something they think will benefit them. If you backup your suggestions, it will be more powerful in helping people choose a healthier life style.

Back to top Go down
NurseBridgid

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 1:52 pm

Ninja-

I am so sorry that you feel that Four Loko is a beverage that is good for you and something that people should drink. I disagree. I would love to see any studies that you have showing that it is good for you or disproving anything I blogged about. I don't really understand your anger towards me.

Regardless, I have a BSN and an MSN, so I am very aware of APA format and citations. If you were any sort of HCP then you would know that AMA citations are used in professional settings, and APA is an undergrad citation. I have numerous publications in major medical journals (both international and within the US) and I really don't need to justify myself to you, but I will give you a little information.

I work as an APRN in critical care and I see kids come in really fucked up all the time, and some of them have been really close calls, but we have been able to save them. My blog is NOT intended for people to change their lives, it is merely based off of medical/nursing/nutrition journals (and yes, many of them are found online...as long as you can get access to PubMed articles, which many laypeople cannot). I use primary sources for my blogs, and I am sure that there are tons of sites out there that use the same or similar sites. I do not feel the need to cite my sources because honestly, most people don't give a shit. I did when I first started my blog, and I was told by readers that they found it annoying because they weren't going to read the studies themselves. I read the studies for people, as most people (including basic RN's) don't know how to read a study, quickly determine if the study has merit, and what the general impact the study will have on people. Most "studies" that are discussed in the media are crap and really have no lasting impact, but people believe what they hear. I created my blog to dispel rumors and to give people information on how to prevent disease, and generally live a healthier life. I will link my bog on occasion to the CDC, for example, or other sites that I think they should visit to further question my advice. BUT that is all my blog is, it is medical advice based on facts.

Now, I appreciate your zest for life and questions, but I feel that I no further need to justify myself. If you don't like my blog, then don't read it. I do want to ask you what you do professionally? Because I read your blog, and I must say, you seem to be a jack of all trades and master of none; a food connoisseur, a mechanic, and a hockey player? I played hockey my entire life, so I am not knocking it, but I do wish that before you set wide spread attacks on people, you look at yourself, and how you are perceived. I see nothing professional about you, this web site, or your blog.

So, I would love to have you as a reader, as I really enjoy all of my readers, but if you are just going to question me personally, and my professionalism, then I request that you have no further contact with me. I see no sense in sending you my CV, but if I did, you would realize what an ass you truly are.

Good Day, and go have a Four Loko and think of me.....
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 4:12 pm

Hockey player, me. nah. Football player, yes, but as I chose to move to MN for school hockey became more a part of my life. Jack of all trades? I'd like to think so, but more for practicality purposes rather than trying to make a career out of anything that I take as a hobby or sometimes a chore. Master of nothing? I am indeed a master of something, my transcripts say I too have earned a Masters degree, in Counseling Psychology, a field in which I am sure you know is filled with tons of studies and citations, hence why I asked for sources.

I apologize if you took it as me being mean or hurtful, I was hoping it could be more professional talking to professional. I will be the first person to agree with you that most people don't like to read studies produced by professionals because either A. They don't understand what it means with all of the jargon and numbers involved. B. It doesn't interest them and they would much rather try and hear what someone has to say (which is what you are doing, you are interpreting sources for people which is fine, but my thing I was struggling with is you don't say which source you are interpreting for people.).

Now, to answer your question about what I do professionally. I work for a large nonprofit organization here in Minnesota servicing children on the Autism spectrum. I do everything from individual skills training, co facilitate groups, help run day treatment for our adolescents, and case management for families in need of help finding funding or other services to help their child. Actual title of my position is Mental Health Practitioner, have been doing this for well over 5 years now. Seeing as you can probably appreciate this, I am NOT on the bandwagon of thinking that vaccinations cause Autism. Jenny McCarthy while her intentions are good and I see her struggle as a parent, is an idiot and only makes the lives of both of us more difficult. Me because I get asked "why does my kid still have Autism when I didn't vaccinate them?!?" and you (now I am thinking you are an advocate for vaccinations, sorry if I thought wrong) "I am not going to vaccinate my child because it will give them Autism!!!!"

I am a big fan of the Gluten free diet if it helps kids though. But that has to be done through an urinary peptide analysis. Speaking of which, I hope this gets published soon, but from a conversation with our consulting Psychiatrist, Mayo Clinic has developed a study on psychotropic medications and blood interactions to try and cut down the guessing game of which meds will work for certain people. That would be huge! And I am all for medications, but more as a last resort if behavioral interventions don't work.

Now, back to this whole 4Loko business. You do have to realize it was a tongue in cheek type of thing. Many people who know me personally and through spending extended time on here know I am rather goofy. Never would I actually think this stuff is good for you. And after having 2 in a row last night I realize as my body ages, it doesn't like that much alcohol. Like with anything we put in our bodies moderation is key (which yes I know you addressed "if you must imbibe, do so carefully." or something to that extent). Food, alcohol, medications, etc have to be taken in moderation and appropriately for each person.

So as said earlier, I am in now way trying to be a jerk, just hoping you see where I was coming from in wondering where your information came from. Do not worry about Twitter as I said I didn't think it was fair for either of our readers to have to sift through that and I do not intend on contacting you again through there.

If you want to continue to come around and chit chat hockey with us, by all means do so! I don't know which team you side with (if any) or if you are more of a college hockey fan, but any hockey talk is welcome here.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:45 pm

FOUR LOKO ROUND TWO BEGINS IN 14 MINUTES!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:37 am

you know it is kind of frustrating that I spend a significant amount of time giving my reply, I know you came in and saw it Sunday afternoon and you can't even give me a response.
Back to top Go down
NurseBridgid

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 1:49 pm

I am sorry that my response is delayed; I work full time, run a home, and I have an ill family member that I am taking care of. You wanted to have a professional conversation, which I really do appreciate, but truthfully, you came at me with a completely unprofessional attitude and now you are changing the tone of your responses.

You ended your last response with "If you want to continue to come around and chit chat hockey with us, by all means do so! I don't know which team you side with (if any) or if you are more of a college hockey fan, but any hockey talk is welcome here." Henceforth, I did not deem a response necessary.

Did you want my thoughts on autism? Gluten-free diets? Vaccinations? The fact that you also have a Masters? I do believe in vaccinations, I think that Jenny McCarthy is full of crap. I think that Chicken pox parties are a good idea. I don't think that people should use hand sanitizer as much as they do because they are weakening their immune systems, in the long run. I think that a lot of issues can be solved with gluten-free diets. Autism is a problem that was under diagnosed years ago, and sometimes over-diagnosed these days (my nephew was diagnosed when he really was just under socialized as a child).

If you would like to email me to talk topics, that would be great, but I really don't have time to check a bunch of extra sites every day. Plus, some person who just keeps writing in with inane comments makes this seem like the MOST inappropriate forum to have any sort of intellectual discussion.

Good Day
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 am

4Loko has now decided to remove all caffeine and two other ingredients from it's beverage. FDA was ready to ban it nation wide.

YOU WIN THIS ONE HEALTH OFFICIALS!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Noooooooooo! Something new will come and be even more awesome. Until that day, we'll just drink everclear.
Back to top Go down
NurseBridgid

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 pm

I knew the end was near lol!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 5:59 pm

I wonder how long before people just start buying 40's of Old English or Mickey's and then taking a Monster drink, letting like Skittle's or Jolly Ranchers sit in it over night and then mix in the malt liquor. Essentially the same thing.

Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:00 pm

This young man is clearly saddened by the news.

Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things Fb9c42b3-f7df-456b-b253-ad538f546c61
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm telling you, you're right on with the bootleg skittle brau. You get some everclear/sprite mixture, drop some skittles in. Maybe Jolly Ranchers if you're all hopped up on goofballs already. Let it marinate, and BLAMMO!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:47 am

oh Everclear, you were putting people in hospitals long before energy drink/alcohol combos were even a twinkle in the beverage distributions eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things   Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Open Invite To Nurse Bridgid To Discuss Things
Page 1 of 1