Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Big 10 (12) Division names announced

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Big 10 (12) Division names announced Empty
PostSubject: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Leaders and Legends will be the names of the conference. What........the..........fuck?

Ok, I know geographically it is hard to do east, west, north, south, etc.

And with each school having a rich history of historical players, naming after a player, coach, alum, would piss a lot of people off from other schools.
So they go with Legends. Ok, I am fine with Legends. But Leaders?!?

Dynasty division? (and if it were the shittier of the two people could call it the big Nasty)
Prestige division?

Leaders just sounds stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:30 pm

Yeah it is a horrible decision. Nothing is good about it. Division names or new logo.

F- for overall effort.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:49 pm

oh yeah, the logo sucks now too.

The old one with the 11 in it was kind of cute, and they prolly could have done something with a 12 somewhere, but instead we get this

Big 10 (12) Division names announced Bigtenx-inset-community
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:51 pm

They shoulda changed the name to MEGA CONFERENCE. I honestly think the divisions would be better if they were named "Red" and "Blue" or something dumb like that.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:56 pm

or put them in divisions like this

iowa, minnesota, wisconsin, northwestern, penn state, and michigan (the animal division)
nebraska, illinois, indiana, ohio state, purdue and michigan state (the nonanimal division)
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 am

Kevin W wrote:
They shoulda changed the name to MEGA CONFERENCE. I honestly think the divisions would be better if they were named "Red" and "Blue" or something dumb like that.
I agree. I'm a big fan of tradition but what does the "Ten" in Big Ten stand for? And a follow up, how many teams are in the Big Ten?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big 10 (12) Division names announced   Big 10 (12) Division names announced I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big 10 (12) Division names announced
Page 1 of 1