Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Oilers - Official GDT - 4/8/2011

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Oilers - Official GDT - 4/8/2011 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Oilers - Official GDT - 4/8/2011   Wild vs. Oilers - Official GDT - 4/8/2011 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Wild vs. Oilers post-game and much more

Power play goals lead the Wild past Edmonton 3-1 in a fight-filled game

Written by Derek Felska | 08 April 2011
Jean-Francois Jacques confronts Brad Staubitz

I have to admit I have a soft spot for Sonny and Cher. This is probably a Sonny and Cher song more for the middle of the season as opposed to the end of the season but for whatever reason it was the first thing that came to my mind, "The beat goes on, the beat goes on, Drums keep poundin' a rhythm to the brain, La da de da de, La de da de da" Not overly descriptive, but sort of how my mind feels after a long week. Just more of the same, more road games and more words to type. More plays to describe and more losses to discuss. La de da de da. At the very least, Cher in those days hasn't been too hard on the eyes. A lot more pleasant to see than the way the Wild has been playing as of late. The self-deprecating humor of Sonny Bono is sort of like Todd Richards' post-games where he tries his best not to make fun of himself as the action on the ice has. A comedy of errors, a gaggle of gaffes no matter what you call it has been an ugly finish what once looked to be a promising season.

The beat goes on with call ups and injuries as the Wild bring back Chuck Kobasew (from personal issues) and Cal Clutterbuck while Justin Falk is given a plane ticket back to Houston and Drew Bagnall joins the team for its final road game of the 2010-11 season. So will Minnesota make the beat go on and continue their slide or will they show that the Houston Aeros can beat the Oklahoma City Barons? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

I loved the effort in the 3rd period and that is how good teams finish a game by increasing their intensity and giving their opponents little to nothing to build with instead of sitting back and playing rope-a-dope. Drew Bagnall was a bit shaky with the puck but I like his physicality. Certainly in the area near the crease he was most welcome even if when he knocked a guy down the player then bumped into Theo.

There is a NCAA Final preview and prediction, as well as WHL playoffs update. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Oilers - Official GDT - 4/8/2011
Page 1 of 1