Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2010-11 Wild Season Report Card

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

2010-11 Wild Season Report Card Empty
PostSubject: 2010-11 Wild Season Report Card   2010-11 Wild Season Report Card I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 1:19 am

2010-11 Season Report Card

2010-11 Minnesota Wild Team Report Card

Written by Derek Felska | 17 April 2011

Check out the front of this 2011 team calendar and ask yourself how much longer will you see these guys as members of the Minnesota Wild. Obviously some of them will be back, but certainly one of them has a pretty fair chance (I'll let you take a guess as to who I'm referring to) of either being retired or in another sweater next season. Oops, did I give you too good of a clue? Its ok, I wasn't intending to be too tricky. Not to sound too type cast, but as a teacher I'm used to assigning grades. It has become sort of a tradition to give each member of the team a sort of mid-term and end of season report card. No parent-teacher conferences here; so I won't be sitting at a table with the player in question talking about how well Brad Staubitz plays with others along with his General Manager Chuck Fletcher or Assistant General Manager Brent Flahr. No gold stars, no smiley faces and no homework grades either. This is all about what they demonstrated over the course of the 2010-11 season.

I do my best to stay objective, but I am a fan and obviously there is some level of opinion and subjectivity involved. Yet, that's true of grading in school as well. No rubrics, no outline of criteria for what constitutes and A, B, C, D, F and all of the appropriately given +/- along the way. With each player I've provided you with their final 2010-11 Stats including games played, goals, assists, penalty minutes, +/-, and Time on ice average per game. Lastly I provide "OUR GRADE" which is my evaluation as a member of the State of Hockey News as to how the season rated for the player in question. You may agree or disagree with the assessments, and that's perfectly fine. Please feel free to comment on them. Without further adieu, let the grading begin! (click on the link for the rest of the article)

All of my thoughts are more or less there. What do you think? Fair, unfair? What would your grades be? Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

2010-11 Wild Season Report Card
Page 1 of 1