Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2009 USHL Fall Classic

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OneTymer

OneTymer

2009 USHL Fall Classic Empty
PostSubject: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:42 pm

Sioux City, IA –The Sioux City Musketeers and the United States Hockey League announce the schedule for the upcoming 2009 USHL Fall Classic. The Fall Classic will take place in Sioux City, IA for the third consecutive year. The Fall Classic features all 14 United States Hockey League teams each playing three games on September 24, 25, and 26, 2009. Seven Games will be played each day at the Tyson Events Center’s Gateway Arena and the IBP Ice Center.

Two new members of the USHL will get their first taste of action as the Youngstown Phantoms and Team USA (USA National Development Program) visit Sioux City for the first time.

"The Classic is one of the USHL’s signature events – and the most scouted hockey event in the world," said USHL Commissioner Skip Prince. "Thanks to the hard work of Jim Kronschnabel, the Musketeers, and the city, it’s also a great fan-friendly experience. If you love hockey, there’s not a better place to be in America in late September than Sioux City, Iowa."

Jim Kronschnabel, President of the host Sioux City Musketeers said, "all 30 National Hockey League Teams will be represented by two or three scouts each for the three day event. In addition, all 50+ Division 1 colleges will attend as well as many Division 3 coaches. It is a tremendous opportunity for our players to flaunt their skills in front of those who will ultimately decide their future in hockey. We were very pleased at the turnout for all the games last year and the number of people who visited Sioux City. With two more teams come more players, scouts, coaches, referees, and fans. This will be the biggest event ever held in Sioux City"

The Sioux City Convention and Visitors Bureau estimated that last years’ Fall Classic had an economic impact of well over $2 million to the area.

"Virtually every hotel room in the area was booked and this year’s Fall Classic will be even bigger and better", said Kronschnabel. "We are proud to bring this event back to Sioux City for our great fans and for all our supporters in the business community."

The Musketeers will play the 7:00 PM games each evening facing off against Cedar Rapids, Team USA, and will battle the Omaha Lancers in the finale on Saturday night.

Information regarding tickets, hotels, the welcome party, and all the events will be available soon on www.ushlfallclassic.com.
Back to top Go down
OneTymer

OneTymer

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:43 pm

I've been to this the past few years, it's awesome, I plan on attending at least one day this year as well
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:40 pm

sounds like it will be a pretty sweet time. would be fun to see the USA prospects.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OneTymer

OneTymer

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:14 pm

it's a blast bro!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:16 pm

I can imagine. I have always been curious about Hockey in Iowa. I know there is the Dallas farm team, and then some Hog team too, but how big is it really in Iowa? I know in South Eastern WI, it is sort of popular with the Admirals, but nothing like once you get to Madison and more north.
Back to top Go down
OneTymer

OneTymer

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 am

dallas had a farm team in des moines, the iowa stars, but they are no more. then anaheim had the iowa chops (also in des moines) and that lasted one season. USHL has 4 teams in iowa and they all have great support
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:15 pm

what was the disbanding of the team for the Stars in Iowa? just move them?
Back to top Go down
OneTymer

OneTymer

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 pm

not really sure to be honest, at the Chops games there wasn't to many people there, that may have had something to do with it
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 1:04 am

right on. Oh well, not like you wanted those dirty ass Stars boys in your state anyways.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 5:11 pm

They gave the Iowa Stars a leave of some sort to move to Cedar Park, TX for 1 trial season. If attendance is going well, they will grant a permanent spot for the team. The team is aptly named the Texas Stars now.

The Chops on the other hand were plauged by attendance woes as mentioned before. Although they fell pretty much in the middle of the AHL pack with an average of 4,322 per game last year...that was supposedly well short of where they needed to be to be profitable. However, that was near 1,000 more per game than the last season of the Stars being in Iowa. So that's kind of perplexing. There's probably a lot of behind the scenes crap involving revenue/stadium/leases etc.

All I know is Anaheim doesn't have an AHL affiliate as of now. The Chops are suspending operations, but hope to come back some day.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:41 pm

poor Iowa just can't seem to hold a sport their to save their life. I mean college does OK, the instate football rivalries are really intense, but makes you wonder how even minor league teams can struggle. The Iowa Cubs are still kickin though.........

You would think they could at least hold a pro football team.

But I digress.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 11:39 am

Are they going to have a couple of USHL and QMJHL teams face off again this year? I thought that was a great idea and hope that they do that on an annual basis....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 USHL Fall Classic   2009 USHL Fall Classic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2009 USHL Fall Classic
Page 1 of 1