Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fall Down Darby

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Dude couldn't even make it through the first day without falling on his ass. Tell me, what is it that he brings to the table again?

Russo Tweet:
Quote :
Darby just took a spill, ensued by Burns, Brunette, Schultz and Koivu relentlessly heckling him with jabs. No mercy
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:35 pm

LMAO! That is classic! Darby living up to his name even in his post playing career!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 7:41 pm

It's his FIRST freaking day too! Maybe they should let him wear double blades for the first week.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 8:31 pm

naw get him one of those skate assist walkers you could put some tennis balls on the end give it more glide, maybe clip on a whiteboard have a cup holder for his prune juice you know dress it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:18 pm

But... but... then how will he show the guys how to finish a slap shot on one knee... EVERY TIME?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:23 pm

beauty of it is the can get on 1 knee and have a rookie hold his walker while he whifs on it. maybe we paint some flames on the walker to give him an illusion of speed.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:08 pm

You are obviously not familliar with the Patented Darby One Knee Slap shot!

He starts it out on 2 feet, but by the time his follow through is complete, he's ALWAYS on one knee.

That means a walker would be completely in the way.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 11:16 pm

Watch at the 5:04 mark for a patented Darby One Knee Slap shot!

Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:57 am

Excerpt from Article

Quote :
That's nothing compared to the abuse Darby Hendrickson took. Minutes into the first practice of his assistant coaching career, the beloved former Wild center took a spill in the corner. That set off one chorus of jabs and cackles from Wild vets Andrew Brunette, Brent Burns, Nick Schultz and Mikko Koivu.

"Little nerves, eh?" Brunette said. "Rookie nerves."
Minutes? MINUTES!??!!!! D'oh!!!

Check out the second photo here. It's a rare pic of him standing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fall Down Darby Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fall Down Darby   Fall Down Darby I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fall Down Darby
Page 1 of 1