Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Darby = PR Move

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:04 pm

So the Wild hire Darby as an assistant coach, eh?

This is nothing but a PR move to go along with Year 10. Nothing more...nothing less. It was either hire another coach or pick up another scout. Which do we need more? And they picked Darby of all guys? How warm and fuzzy to have a Minnesota boy (who was a part of Year 1) come in as a 3rd string assistant coach during this special year. If that doesn't scream public relations, then I don't know what does....oh wait.....yes I do. It's reportedly a PART-TIME coaching job. WTF?

No offense to Darby. It's not personal. Great guy off the ice. Funny when on the ice. But hiring a 3rd assistant coach who may be working as a "part time" coach makes no sense. And considering who it is makes it feel very "staged." We're trying to be taken seriously in the league...not become a joke!

My gosh, this guy couldn't even coach Shep on how to ride an ATV the right way when he was living with him!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:23 pm

I disagree... if they were doing just a PR move, it would have been to hire Wes Walz not Falldown Darby. Richards specifically asked for this hiring.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Who has more coaching experience? Walz had a great impact on Stamkos. Darby just won Mr. Hockey.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:49 pm

I'm not saying I would have made the same choice, I'm just saying I think Richards legitimately thinks Darby is going to do a good job.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 10:51 pm

Then Richards isn't too smart.......
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 pm

Or he may know more than we do. I'm not going to call this a dumb move off the cuff, as I have no clue if Darby will suck as a coach or not.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Too bad Shep is out of the mix now. He could have been promoted from popcorn maker (in the pressbox) to "the guy holding Darby up on the ice" during practice. cheers
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 pm

Just as long as Darby isn't teaching slapshots. The last thing we need is for everyone to start finishing all their slappers on one knee.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:50 pm

Darby = PR Move Image240515g
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 11:56 pm

You know a player of no real note has been retired for a while, when you google his name and find actual hockey images of him are few and far between!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:02 am

Good point.

Darby = PR Move Gopherslive_n
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:16 am

mmmm that beautiful hair will be behind the bench. Butch will be jealous, run around him 5 times and whack him in the head with a stick.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 am

Wasn't it initially said that he may not even be on the bench? They're running out of room.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 12:43 am

bwahahahahha, hey you'll be our 3rd assistant coach, but stay in the FSN area ok
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 am

Some players make terrible players, but good coaches, i'm wouldn't mind Walz, but lets see what Darby can do, and lets not blame Shepp on Darby people, Shepp was babied, rushed and didn't have to earn his spot, wat was Darby to do beat the shit out of him at home?

we'll see how this works out it may work out well it may backfire.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:30 pm

forthewild wrote:
Some players make terrible players, but good coaches, i'm wouldn't mind Walz, but lets see what Darby can do, and lets not blame Shepp on Darby people, Shepp was babied, rushed and didn't have to earn his spot, wat was Darby to do beat the shit out of him at home?

we'll see how this works out it may work out well it may backfire.

couldn't have hurt. hockey4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darby = PR Move Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darby = PR Move   Darby = PR Move I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darby = PR Move
Page 1 of 1