Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Golden Gopher Football

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Golden Gopher Football Empty
PostSubject: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Place to talk about the sorrows of our hometown college team
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 12:21 pm

Not a bad start today eh? We should destroy this team...
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm

and we finish strong. good showing by the offense today. the o-line looked much much better today. defense could use some work, but pretty solid today.

props to the running game and weber finding more people to toss to besides Decker.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:55 pm

I agree the O-Line was MUCH better especially in the run game...

from what I saw the new running back looked promising too...(forgot his name already..Whaley maybe?). Weber made some good plays but had an equal number of head scratchers too....

We need to get the ball to Stoudermire more..the guy is a playmaker. Defense against the pass is shotty like usual....but the pass rush wasn't horrible.

Also I couldn't believe the call on Decker's catch early in the game..

'After review the play is confirmed, it was a catch'

'after further review it wasn't a catch' WTF was that?

oh well good win on the road hopefully we build on it for next weeks match against Wisco
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:04 pm

that is a confidence boost for those guys. Especially after the past two years of struggling against NW
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 4:46 pm

That was called coasting after that go ahead TD. Get 2 turnovers in the last 2 and a half? Nice way to finish.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:09 pm

I was at the game on Saturday and while the Gophs lost, TCF stadium is AWESOME.

The U finally has something that I would consider making long term commitment to (read: season tix) as an alum.

I have always been a fan of the football team, but never liked the Dome.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:13 pm

Forgot to comment about this game....definitely one we let get away again. Defense isn't good against the run obviously...and Weber still makes idiotic decisions when getting pressure from the D line (not rolling out, just running backwards and backwards and...)

Just too bad that Decker had to play on bad teams throughout his career.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:19 pm

ugh, what an embarrassment today.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 6:45 pm

It shows how bad we really are when we actually play decent teams....considering Penn St. lost to Iowa at home it really shows how terrible we are. You also have to consider that the Big 10 is also considered to be inferior to the SEC and Big 12...so after all that I conclude that we suck.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:36 pm

but then whats REALLY odd is that our win against Purdue was validated today when they beat Ohio St.

I watched that game. Purdue can move the ball and move it really well. however, their defense would always find a way to lose it. Today, the Purdue defense stepped up and really helped out.

Now I am not saying we are going to find ourselves in the BCS rankings in the next week, and Ohio State will more than likely kick our ass.

We need an O-Line. no two ways about it, our O line has more holes in it than swiss cheese
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:20 pm

Yes I agree with you....that was very confusing to me when I saw it. Big 10 is so inconsistent...and I really do not know who the best team in the conference is. Weber still makes head scratching mistakes...our O-line can't create holes for teh RBs (btw i think we have something good with Whaley) and the pass protection is shoddy too. Pass defense is porous like always..run defense is non existent at times...but I don't think we are miles away either.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 9:30 pm

defintly like a midcarder type of team. lots of work needs to be done though.
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 1:50 am

I'm willing to accept us being a mid-team this year and even next year simply because we need to build on something and give Tim some time to get these kids into the lineup. For example, last year all he did was bring in these BEASTS of linemen (all were 6-5, 6-6, 6-7, etc.) that need a year (or two) to get worked in. Now in 3 years if we are still here... I'm all for moving on.

The other reason why I am willing to give Timmy time is because he's rebuilding the local relationship between the U and high schools that Mason totally burned while here.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:04 am

exactly. Mason had NO pipelines established. It was pretty rare to see players on the Gophers who were from states outside of the Midwest/Minnesota.

Brewster has been out there getting guys from all over the place. Shit, that crazy huge defensive end they got from Florida sounds like he will be a great addition (something like 6'9 370 lbs and a bulk of it muscle..........AND HE IS ONLY 18!!!!!!!) with some work, he is going to be a monster.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:17 am

00Xtremeninja wrote:
exactly. Mason had NO pipelines established. It was pretty rare to see players on the Gophers who were from states outside of the Midwest/Minnesota.

Brewster has been out there getting guys from all over the place. Shit, that crazy huge defensive end they got from Florida sounds like he will be a great addition (something like 6'9 370 lbs and a bulk of it muscle..........AND HE IS ONLY 18!!!!!!!) with some work, he is going to be a monster.
Actually, Mason did get quite a few Ohio and Missouri players here. Wasn't Maroney one of them?
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 10:54 am

TaLoN wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:

Actually, Mason did get quite a few Ohio and Missouri players here. Wasn't Maroney one of them?

Mason was hit/miss with those kids from Ohio and Missouri. Sure he'd get a few of them, but none of them were "top notch" coming out of HS. You tell me what's better... getting a 3-star guy out of Ohio/Mizzu or getting a 5-star out of your own back yard?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

We are horrible...that is all.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 2:42 pm

Fuck Weber....he should be benched immediately
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:46 pm

S-L-A-U-G-H-T-E-R!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 3:26 pm

well, much improved last night. only got to watch the highlights. looks like it would have been awesome to be at. the bobble and catch for a TD was sweet. So one more win and we're bowl eligible eh?

Insight Bowl here we come! or Music City or Motor City!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golden Gopher Football   Golden Gopher Football I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golden Gopher Football
Page 1 of 1