Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brutal schedule to start the Season

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fargocase

Brutal schedule to start the Season Empty
PostSubject: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:38 pm

Wow, I looked at the schedule today - brutal start. Eight of the first 11 games on the road! And mostly very good teams; 8 of 11 were Playoff teams last year.

Was it last year the team had that easy cake schedule and started super fast? Two years ago? Anyway, it was funny how great the team was after the fast start with the super easy schedule - mostly home games against non-playoff teams. This year it's the exact opposite. The Wild have to come out of the gate fast or they're going to fall behind early in the season.

Last year the Pollyanna's had the Wild going for the Cup by Game 10. If they have a rough time these first games I think we're going to be seeing a flock of Chicken Littles again!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:42 pm

It is a brutal schedule, but i would want them to get this done and over with right away. Make them work their hardest right away and find out who clicks with who to really build that chemistry during some tough games.

But I agree, if this road trip is tough then Sky Falling threads are going to happen quicker than two jiggles of a jack rabbits ass.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:43 pm

The Wild almost always started fast under JL, cake schedule or tough one, home games or road games. That was one thing JL had this team doing most every year, starting fast.
Back to top Go down
Fargocase

PostSubject: Re: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 12:47 pm

True, but last year, I'm pretty sure, they had a ton of home games and the easy southleast Div schedule and the Pollyanna's were particulary annoying.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 4:22 pm

It's better to play the tough teams before they start to click. Didn't Kipper suck out of the gate last year?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brutal schedule to start the Season   Brutal schedule to start the Season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brutal schedule to start the Season
Page 1 of 1