Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We are so @#$%ed!

Go down 
+12
shmiddy
TaLoN
sqare
Jagged Ice
timotheuzi
00Xtremeninja
lolwat
mplspug
Cool Slovak
forthewild
Wild Fan #1
OldTimeHockey
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mplspug

mplspug

We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:04 am

I get tired of people saying we should tank to get a high draft pick. You just don't need to do that. This isn't baseball where you can complain about being a small market. This is closer to football with the cap that is in place. Look at Detroit. Look at San Jose. Or for that matter look at Phoenix, Florida or Atlanta. For every Chicago or Pittsburgh there is one of those teams who either have had the draft picks and done nothing or haven't had them and been perennial powers year after year. If you want to go the draft pick way, be prepared to suck donkey balls for about 4 years. It just is not necessary.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Jagged Ice wrote:
Laviolette was my first choice for the record.

I remember. I wasn't sold on him at the time. I am most definitely not sold on Richards. With everything considered, I would have rather have seen Constantine pulled up for a year to see how he floats the boat.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
mplspug

mplspug

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Not sold on Richards after 4 games. Must be Minnesota. Constantine? Pew, who farted? I'll take this style of hockey and more losses. I defended Lemaire's style in the past, but this new shit is refreshing.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:34 pm

I am going to post a double here.

Holy hell, the WMB are full of fucktards with little to no reading comprehension. I think I need a break from all of the head in the sand idiots over there who don't pay attention to the fucking games.

I made a statement about Richards sucking as a coach, and suddenly I am on the hate Fletcher bandwagon over there?

No.
Fact 1: I think Richards is out of his league as a head coach and I think he will be replaced before the end of the season.
Fact 2: The verdict is out on Fletcher. Remember, Havlat called US. He signed Hnidy, Zanon, and low-balled Sykora into almost fleeing to Russia. He did not land Tanguay. He has not been able to find a buyer for Harding or any of the other pieces on the table (PMB, Belanger, Sheppard).
Fact 3: Until Richards (and the other coaches) master the second period long change, this roster will fail every game in the second period. We may win in our first or third periods, but not in the second.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:07 pm

sqare wrote:

Holy hell, the WMB are full of fucktards with little to no reading comprehension. I think I need a break from all of the head in the sand idiots over there who don't pay attention to the fucking games.

I made a statement about Richards sucking as a coach, and suddenly I am on the hate Fletcher bandwagon over there?

No.
Fact 1: I think Richards is out of his league as a head coach and I think he will be replaced before the end of the season.
Fact 2: The verdict is out on Fletcher. Remember, Havlat called US. He signed Hnidy, Zanon, and low-balled Sykora into almost fleeing to Russia. He did not land Tanguay. He has not been able to find a buyer for Harding or any of the other pieces on the table (PMB, Belanger, Sheppard).
Fact 3: Until Richards (and the other coaches) master the second period long change, this roster will fail every game in the second period. We may win in our first or third periods, but not in the second.
fletcher is friendly with richards from their baby pens days, richards will get more than one year. it is almost guaranteed. on top of that fact about them being friends, richards is using a bunch of player that were brought in for a checking system. my prediction: richards gets the benefit of the doubt from the media and fans until sometime next season

hell, I still hold out hope for this season even. look at this quote from russo..
"Statistically, the Wild should be better than 1-3. They’re near the top of the league in shots for, near the top of the league in fewest shots against.

But in the past three games, it does seem like the Wild goes through spells of giving up goals. In other words, L.A. scored two in two minutes something. Anaheim scored three in five minutes something. Last game, San Jose scored twice in 2:41 and three times in about seven minutes."

its those small lapses that are killing us, they should be able to fix that up a little bit plus we all knew that the beginning of the season was a rough stretch of road games against good teams.

Last edited by timotheuzi on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Jagged Ice wrote:
It's too early to panic. Aside from the injuries, let's see how we look in December...err, not our best month historically speaking but on paper we're better than years past. BTW...missed you guys and had to join.

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!!!!

Jagged, welcome mother fucker!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:25 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:
It's too early to panic. Aside from the injuries, let's see how we look in December...err, not our best month historically speaking but on paper we're better than years past. BTW...missed you guys and had to join.

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!!!!

Thx...good to be here. WMB's are driving me insane. I'm about ready to SNAP!! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 pm

I understand that Fletcher and Richards are tight. The X Factor that I am looking at is Leipold. He went his entire tenure at Nashville without replacing the GM or the coach. However, last spring, he fired DR. Lemaire is now known to have been nearly fired in December.

It's worse this season for Leipold. Fletcher has spent near the cap for what? Again, I state that Havlat called *us*. What would his "grade" be if Havlat had not come on board?

Not too sure that Leipold is going to be as forgiving as he was in Nashville. Remember, Nashville snuck into the play-offs nearly every season. If shit continues down this path...

*shrugs*

It bugs me beyond belief that there are so many excuses flying around. I think Fargo was dead spot on when he blasted the "new system" excuse givers. Hockey players are professionals that I bet have played in all "systems". It's not the players or the "system" it's the coach.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Jagged Ice wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:

HOLY FUCK BALLS!!!!!!

Thx...good to be here. WMB's are driving me insane. I'm about ready to SNAP!! Evil or Very Mad
Go ahead. Snap! Dare ya! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 pm

Jagged Ice wrote:
You're more than welcome here! Wink

sqare wrote:
I understand that Fletcher and Richards are tight. The X Factor that I am looking at is Leipold. He went his entire tenure at Nashville without replacing the GM or the coach. However, last spring, he fired DR. Lemaire is now known to have been nearly fired in December.

It's worse this season for Leipold. Fletcher has spent near the cap for what? Again, I state that Havlat called *us*. What would his "grade" be if Havlat had not come on board?

Not too sure that Leipold is going to be as forgiving as he was in Nashville. Remember, Nashville snuck into the play-offs nearly every season. If shit continues down this path...

*shrugs*

It bugs me beyond belief that there are so many excuses flying around. I think Fargo was dead spot on when he blasted the "new system" excuse givers. Hockey players are professionals that I bet have played in all "systems". It's not the players or the "system" it's the coach.
Keep in mind that the previous regime left little to no room to maneuver cap-wise, and no matter how this roster was put together, it was going to be at/near the cap because of overpayment on guys like Bouchard.
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:

sqare wrote:

*shrugs*

Keep in mind that the previous regime left little to no room to maneuver cap-wise, and no matter how this roster was put together, it was going to be at/near the cap because of overpayment on guys like Bouchard.

Luckily most of DR's contracts will be up in the next 2 years, but 2 of his biggest mistakes(Schultz because of term and Bouchard because of salary and term) will remain for years to come..........
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 pm

[quote="lolwat"]
TaLoN wrote:
Jagged Ice wrote:

Thanks Talon

Luckily most of DR's contracts will be up in the next 2 years, but 2 of his biggest mistakes(Schultz because of term and Bouchard because of salary and term) will remain for years to come..........
We're probably going to be looking at a completely different team in a few years. I personally would like to see us rebuild, and devolop our own prospects (I mean future ones as we only have Liddy and Cuma to look forward too.) Maybe a five year plan do over with different Generals and no Riser will work this time.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:05 am

Uhhh... let's not use the dreaded "Five year plan" term... BAD MEMORIES!
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:40 am

Next offseason is sure going to be interesting.... CF has more holes than he has cap-space to spend on them, so it will be interesting to see where he looks to solidify first. Priority #1 has got to be adding a top-6 goal scoring left winger who can skate and is willing to get into corners, and arguably the most qualified to-be UFA is Rene Bourque of the Flames.

Another guy who would help is Andrew Ladd of the Hawks, as an RFA with their cap situation and need for a goalie after buying out Huet, I would really like a deal worked out in Ladd for Harding +, if they believe in Harding(his game against Chi last year was the best game of his career) in a platoon with Niemi, and Ladd is forced to be one of their guys moved. An added bonus is he worked well with Havlat, something I don't see Brunette being able to do 5-on-5.

Its quite sad that its come to this 5 games into the season, but I really don't see it getting much better. The best thing to do is let Sheppard and Pouliot play as much as possible to see what they can do. It sickens me that Nathan Smith had more ice time than Sheppard and nearly as much as Pouliot last game.............
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:53 am

I agree, let Sheppard and Pouliot play their asses off. Make or break season for the two. I think Shepp was way too young to be playing in the NHL when we put that Wild sweater on him. Pouliot was paired with the wrong guys. And yes he floats way too much but let him play with skill (Havlet) and he might flower.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:48 pm

sqare wrote:

No.

That's an interesting observation. Have they been fucking that up? I haven't noticed.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:52 pm

They seemed pretty solid in the 2nd today, their issues in the 2nd were just simple D-zone positioning.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:56 pm

Two of the three goals tonight were blown line changes where the guys on the ice were gassed. I would say that for the most part, it's getting better, but seriously they could have changed the lines about 20 seconds before the first and third goals and didn't. Harding just sucked on the second goal...

That's my biggest bitch so far.

I don't believe that the system is to blame. I don't believe the roster is to blame. We have junked up more second periods and lost the games during them where it just makes me want to bitch.

Friend of mine started paying attention to the line management in the second and he finally saw it tonight.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 pm

The first goal had nothing to do with lines not being changed, and everything to do with a D-man thinking his job was done when he forced Sully around the net. He completely turned away from him and towards the crease forgetting Sully still had the puck, and then right by his turned back between him and Harding goes the puck to feed Penner on the backside.

Sorry, that wasn't a goal because a player was gassed, that was a goal because a player was a fucking moron.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:44 pm

How bad is our defense right now? Kuba is a LEGIT All-Star player compared to them. Pylons have made better blocks.
Back to top Go down
hockeygirl101

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 am

TaLoN wrote:
The first goal had nothing to do with lines not being changed, and everything to do with a D-man thinking his job was done when he forced Sully around the net. He completely turned away from him and towards the crease forgetting Sully still had the puck, and then right by his turned back between him and Harding goes the puck to feed Penner on the backside.

Sorry, that wasn't a goal because a player was gassed, that was a goal because a player was a fucking moron.

That defensemen = Burns.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:34 am

Burns has taken advantage of his new freedom way too much. Might as well put him at forward. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:35 am

hockeygirl101 wrote:
TaLoN wrote:

That defensemen = Burns.
Thanks, when I saw it real time I didn't get a good look at the number, wasn't sure if it was an 8 or a 6, didn't want to call the wrong player out like I did initially in the game thread when blaming Burnsie for the last and worst play instead of Schultz.

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Burns has taken advantage of his new freedom way too much. Might as well put him at forward. Twisted Evil
Don't even think of going there!!!!! Burnsie's clusterfuck on that first goal had nothing to do with his freedoms and everything to do with his being a complete moron on the play!
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:41 am

TaLoN wrote:

Don't even think of going there!!!!! Burnsie's clusterfuck on that first goal had nothing to do with his freedoms and everything to do with his being a complete moron on the play!
The forward comment was sarcasm. What happened to the guy that played during preseason? He looked a bit more sharp. He was a moron on the play, but he's been a moron a lot lately. I just think that's he's getting too caught up in going up and down the ice, because he's allowed to. He wants to be the hero, and his head isn't in 'defensive' mode.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:42 am

I know it was sarcasm, but with how he's been handled through his career... that's NOT FUNNY sarcasm! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are so @#$%ed!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Hockey Talk-
Jump to: