Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

We are so @#$%ed!

Go down 
+12
shmiddy
TaLoN
sqare
Jagged Ice
timotheuzi
00Xtremeninja
lolwat
mplspug
Cool Slovak
forthewild
Wild Fan #1
OldTimeHockey
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 am

Alright...alright. OTH apologizes. Now, I'm prepared to make a bet for tomorrow evening. If the Wild win, I'll be a Canucks' fan for four days. That'll include a Vancouver avatar.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:50 am

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Alright...alright. OTH apologizes. Now, I'm prepared to make a bet for tomorrow evening. If the Wild win, I'll be a Canucks' fan for four days. That'll include a Vancouver avatar.
I don't see any Canuck fans around here... besides, I don't think they want to bet on a Wild win anyway... Laughing
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:54 am

I'll support Butch....or the Wolves. And if the team can win a game in Calgary this year, I'll proclaim that men are the superior sex.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 12:59 am

I have to support Butch by default.....I got his jersey a couple years ago Sad
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
I feel sorry for you. My niece was one of those unfortunate victims of getting a Butch sweater as well.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:04 am

TaLoN wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:
I feel sorry for you. My niece was one of those unfortunate victims of getting a Butch sweater as well.

I guess I feel a little better because it was during his 'good' year...but now I'm feeling the repercussions....oh well...if I had bought it myself I would be a little more disappointed...unfortunately is the only one I have...so I have to keep on wearing it.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 1:07 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
TaLoN wrote:
Dee Oh Cee wrote:

I guess I feel a little better because it was during his 'good' year...but now I'm feeling the repercussions....oh well...if I had bought it myself I would be a little more disappointed...unfortunately is the only one I have...so I have to keep on wearing it.
His so called "good year" when I saw right through him and started being his toughest critic, as I KNEW his stats, and not his game would get him overpaid. If he was payed for how he actually played the game in his "good year" he'd still be only a $2mil/yr player.

Damn Rolston for making Butch look better statistically than he ever has been actually!
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:48 am

Talon, I wasn't the only one to see it:
Russo wrote:
After a long shift by the Mikko Koivu line, defenseman Greg Zanon blocked a Comrie shot. The puck stayed in the zone, Comrie jumped over a sliding Andrew Brunette and then one-timed Robert Nilsson’s beautiful feed.

Russo wrote:
Gilbert Brule’s goal made it 3-1, and it was a killer two minutes later and with 43 seconds left in the period. As Richards likes to say, when you tired, your mind goes first. Schultz proved it here. He was dead tired, and as his teammates went to the bench gassed for a change, he fired an errant pass by them all for a turnover.

That's pretty much what I saw, but I also keep track of time pretty accurately in my head. I saw this in the last home pre-season game and the Anaheim game, especially in the second period. I know that whilst on the road, the line changes are not dictated by the visitors, but during home games, they are...

Still, though... I watched the San Jose @ Ducks game and McLellan played the one upsmanship on line changes very well.

*shrugs*

I just don't see it being the players fault most of the time. Sure, the second goal was a "dumb" by all involved, especially Harding... But you also have to remember the momentum shifter during the last Ducks game was the first goal. You could see the coaches calling the players in for a line change and Hnidy turned it over...

Just sayin' is all.

Oh, and also sorry I was so grumpy earlier.

I just want to bitch at all of the Lemaire bashers over on the WMB... You know, the ones with their heads in the sand that keep using the "new system" excuse?
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:31 am

Could never comment on that 3rd goal as I never saw it, which is why I pointed out the first was not a line change issue is all. I'll take your owrd for it on the 3rd one.

Burnsie was just a complete moron on that first one.
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 5:59 am

Every year we hear about the next great one. Ovechkin (Malkin), Crosby, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares and now Taylor Hall. If we naturally tank for a few years and get Hall and another top 1-3 the following year we should have the horses to bring the cup to Minny. With blue liners Cuma, Leddy and veteran Burns running the blue line I see us contenders in 5 years if we can add some offensive punch through top 1-3 forward drafts in the next three years. I'm alone by suggesting "lets suck" for the next 2 years for picks but if we keep picking up Petr Sykora likes and hope to just be average we will be just average. I'm tired of wondering all season long if we or Nashville will get that 8th spot! We need to "Shake it up!" I say if you're going to be bad be real bad!!! And we are bad!!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 6:11 am

Jagged Ice wrote:
Every year we hear about the next great one. Ovechkin (Malkin), Crosby, Kane, Stamkos, Tavares and now Taylor Hall. If we naturally tank for a few years and get Hall and another top 1-3 the following year we should have the horses to bring the cup to Minny. With blue liners Cuma, Leddy and veteran Burns running the blue line I see us contenders in 5 years if we can add some offensive punch through top 1-3 forward drafts in the next three years. I'm alone by suggesting "lets suck" for the next 2 years for picks but if we keep picking up Petr Sykora likes and hope to just be average we will be just average. I'm tired of wondering all season long if we or Nashville will get that 8th spot! We need to "Shake it up!" I say if you're going to be bad be real bad!!! And we are bad!!
Agree, being bad leads to being good in the long run. Average leads to more average.

You can't expect gifts to fall into your lap year in and year out like the Vikes have had with Peterson and Harvin (and like with Moss in '98). That is usually a RARITY.

Usually to get players with game changing ability, you have to suck real bad to get the right to be in position to make that pick.

A few years of sucking would help this team's future.
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:12 am

[quote="TaLoN"]
Jagged Ice wrote:

A few years of sucking would help this team's future.

I've been saying that for a while :p

Especially last year. That year was a complete and utter failure that it's so hard to swallow at how...disappointing and utterly terrible it was. Signing Backstrom to that monstrous contract, not trading Gaborik when we had the chance. Still trying to compete up until the end. It was just...heartbreaking watching that. Hell even Veilleux and skoula probably could have netted us a 3rd, 4th or 5th rounder.
Back to top Go down
hockeygirl101

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 am

How could SRV and Skoula net us a 3rd rounder? No one signed Skoula until September. I mean if no one wanted Gaborik's rights, who would've wanted SRV?

That's just crazy talk.
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:07 pm

People need different things at the deadline. The fact that Skoula and SRV wasn't signed until late doesn't change the fact that they were UFA at the end of the year.
Back to top Go down
hockeygirl101

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:37 pm

thespeckledkiwi wrote:
People need different things at the deadline. The fact that Skoula and SRV wasn't signed until late doesn't change the fact that they were UFA at the end of the year.

Just because they were UFA doesn't mean that teams wanted to trade for them. If all UFA were traded, there would be no need for free agency.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 1:59 pm

hockeygirl101 wrote:
thespeckledkiwi wrote:

Just because they were UFA doesn't mean that teams wanted to trade for them. If all UFA were traded, there would be no need for free agency.
Not true, most players traded at the deadline still reach UFA status, as they are picked up as playoff rentals for the most part.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:11 pm

Hey Talon, is it me or is this Kiwi guy none other than TSK?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 5:25 pm

quisp you may be on to something....................lol
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm

Quisp wrote:
Hey Talon, is it me or is this Kiwi guy none other than TSK?
Well, considering that's his current name on the other board..... Wink
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:57 pm

It is The Stoned Koala.
Back to top Go down
thespeckledkiwi

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 1:21 am

TaLoN wrote:
hockeygirl101 wrote:
thespeckledkiwi wrote:

Not true, most players traded at the deadline still reach UFA status, as they are picked up as playoff rentals for the most part.

Correct. Look at Hossa. Look at guys like Tkachuk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are so @#$%ed!   We are so @#$%ed! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We are so @#$%ed!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Minnesota Hockey Forums :: Hockey Talk-
Jump to: