Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fletcher Q&A

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Fletcher Q&A

Quote :

WC: Even though you are still a long way from the deadline, do you still use this time to explore future trades, and have conversations about “If A and B happens, then we’ll be willing to trade player X?”

CF: Absolutely. I’m still probably on at least one call, maybe two per day. A lot of times it’s just checking in. “Are you doing anything? Are you looking for anything? Are you trying to trade anybody?”

A lot of managers make calls just to gather information, and they file that information away. At some point, it may become valuable insight into any team. Needs change based on injuries and performance. Maybe there’s a team looking to acquire a defenseman and trade a forward, and maybe a month from now that makes sense to me. It’s just important to know what teams are trying to do, and most teams will tell you candidly what they’re trying to accomplish, where they want to upgrade, where they feel they have depth, what types of things they’d be willing to move.

Let’s be honest, there are several teams in the League you talk to and you hear what they’re needs are, and what they’re willing to move. Sometimes it’s just not a fit. Other times it’s not a fit with the salary cap. So that’s while you’re always making calls, because the majority of calls that are made don’t lead to anything. But you have to put your time in and do your spadework and stay on top of the situation.

Good answer, Chuck.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 pm

180* compared to DR
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:48 am

DR was like "yeah i'm checking Elkund daily looking for leads"
Back to top Go down
zamboni14

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:23 am

Was DR's phone actually hooked up?
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:07 am

yeah, to jimmy johns
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
forthewild

forthewild

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:29 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
yeah, to jimmy johns

doubt it, Jimmy Jhons is quality DR doesn't know quality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fletcher Q&A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fletcher Q&A   Fletcher Q&A I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fletcher Q&A
Page 1 of 1