Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Christmas Lists

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:25 pm

I know many of us are probably getting a little old for asking (or getting asked) for things for Christmas but I'm sure there are things that you hope to get...

So the question is...what do you hope to get this year? And conversely...are you excited to give someone a special present? (an experience that can easily be more enjoyable than receiving)

One thing I've realized is that as I've gotten older its transitioned to things I 'need' instead of 'want' Razz
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 8:50 pm

I hope to get an HD PVR. Who am I kidding, we already agreed to re-buy that for ourselves within the next coupla days!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:29 pm

I've asked for blu-ray movies or a PS3 game called Dragon Age: Origins.

My mom got a LCD HD TV over the summer this year, but she doesn't have anything HD yet for it, so I'm getting her a blu-ray player and the entire collection of the original 6 Star Trek movies in blu-ray.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 9:34 pm

Nice! I have Dragon Age for the 360 and it ranks as one of my all time favorite games....I bet you'll like it.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:20 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
I hope to get an HD PVR. Who am I kidding, we already agreed to re-buy that for ourselves within the next coupla days!

My wife is hooking it up as I type! (I'm stuck at work)

I'll be able to watch tonights Wild/Canucks game in HD, FINALLY.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Very nice! No sport is better in HD than hockey.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:29 am

Now that the cash flow is starting to come in a little better after the move...I'm hoping to get a HD TV. And a little further down the road, a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:29 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo not a ps3!!! 360 is the only way to go Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:09 pm

got my ps3, lol
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Seduced by the dark side of the force I see
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:25 pm

Have fun with the frustratingly HORRIBLE online environment of the PS3 bitch!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:26 pm

I don't online game so I'm good there. And all the problems I hear about the 360...I want it less and less.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 9:57 pm

That's true I do hate Microsoft for giving me 2 bad Xboxs.....but the one I have now hasn't had a single problem which is great. IMO the games for Xbox are still better and the controller is 100% better....also Xbox Live ATM is better as well (although I hear the PS Online or w/e it is is catching up pretty fast...) My original reason for getting the box was for halo and I've just stuck with it since then basically.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:24 pm

free online play > Paying for shit.

Wii online has treated me well and my buddies who have PS3 all like it, so I am more for doing that.

Kev, you know we'll be throwing down on Madden or NHL 10 when ya get your PS3.

Or we could get a EASHL thing going too.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:25 pm

You know what...eff you guys

Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 11:31 pm

lol, you're just mad that there are 2 less people on here to play game against.

don't get me wrong, I am not a big fan boy about systems, but for my situation, the PS3 just fits me better.

Xbox always has had the better controller (well, the original Xbox ones that were massive SUCKED!!) but the smaller ones are nice.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:14 am

Yep the big pieces were an embarrassment...the new ones are perfect. And you are right I would like some more people to play against so you got me there Razz

the blu ray player has gotta be nice too
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:14 am

Yeah, I should have it early next year. It'll be on.

I just picked up that new Mario bros. for the Wii tonight. Can't eait to get that thing going.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:17 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Yep the big pieces were an embarrassment...the new ones are perfect. And you are right I would like some more people to play against so you got me there Razz

the blu ray player has gotta be nice too

heh, i knew it! The Blu Ray player will be a nice feature. Guess I am going to have to find a Blu Ray disc burner now, lol.

Kwright315 wrote:
Yeah, I should have it early next year. It'll be on.

I just picked up that new Mario bros. for the Wii tonight. Can't eait to get that thing going.

I was looking at that New Mario Bros the other day. It looks like it should be a lot of fun. it did really well on the DS so I bet it will do a fine job on the Wii.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:26 am

I need a shaver....and other various Wild memorabilia.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am

if you are getting an electric, i would advise you to spend a little and get a pricey one, like in the $100 range. I have a Norelco I got for like $50, which does a nice job, but the fact it doesn't have a pivot or anything, doesn't go well with my neck, so i have to pass over it a few times.

other people i know who have the one that shoots out the like goop stuff really like it.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:32 am

The one I have now kinda sucked...not sure what kind it was but I got what I paid for. That would be really nice to have one with a pivot because no matter how many times I go over the jaw bone area there are always parts I miss...so frustrating.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 am

werd, and on my lip too, i always find like one hair that didn't get cut and it drives me nuts all day.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 am

I use a pl;ain old razor and no shaving cream. Never have never will.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 12:40 am

i used to be a razor guy, but having to shave every day for my internship, it was much easier to use electric. the transition was tough. my face burned so much the first few times using it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Christmas Lists Empty
PostSubject: Re: Christmas Lists   Christmas Lists I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christmas Lists
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next