Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild @ Ducks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:31 pm

So no one else made a GDT and the game started so here is one

Wild @ Ducks Minnes10

Wild @ Ducks Wildwi11

Last 10: Minnesota 7-3-0; Anaheim 5-3-2.

Season Series: This is the last of four meetings between the teams. Minnesota leads the series, 2-1, including a 5-4 shootout victory on Dec. 4 at Xcel Energy Center.

Big Story: After a rocky start, a phenomenal December has the Wild back in playoff contention. Minnesota tied a franchise record on Monday night in Los Angeles with its 10th victory of the month. The Wild, who have won three straight, are now just three points out of a playoff spot in the Western Conference.

Team Scope:

Wild: The biggest reason for Minnesota's resurgence has been the fact that it seems to have a different hero every night, and Monday was no different. Eric Belanger scored twice in Los Angeles, including the go-ahead goal with 2:25 remaining in a 4-3 victory against the Kings. Belanger's tally came just 12 seconds after Los Angeles roared back from a 3-1 deficit.

"They came hard … it's a good team," said Wild goalie Niklas Backstrom, who made 29 saves. "It's not just us. They played a really good third period. But we really believe in what we're doing and we know we can beat some good hockey teams."

Ducks: Anaheim enters Tuesday's action aiming to stop a two-game skid. After falling 4-0 in Phoenix last Wednesday, the Ducks suffered a 5-2 setback against the San Jose Sharks at HP Pavilion on Saturday night. Patrick Marleau scored twice in the first 15:19 of the game.

"We had all kinds of shots," Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said. "On one power play, we had six scoring chances. We just didn't find a way to put it over the line."

Who's Hot: Ducks forward Bobby Ryan has four goals in his last seven games and has notched at least one point in eight of his last nine contests. He leads the club with 17 goals.

Injury Report: For the Wild, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Brent Burns and Petr Sykora are all out with concussions. Sykora is the closest to returning. … Chuck Kobasew missed Monday's game with a knee injury and is questionable. Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf will likely be a game-time decision after suffering a cut on his right leg Saturday night. Teemu Selanne (hand) is expected to return next month, Joffrey Lupul (back) is due back in February and Ryan Carter (foot) is out indefinitely.

Stat Pack: Monday's victory was Minnesota's 25th one-goal game of the season, the most in the NHL.

Puck Drop: "What we did last year was pretty special to climb all the way back and get into a playoff spot. You're not going to be able to do that very often. Teams are just too good now. It's too equally matched." -- Ducks defenseman James Wisniewski

Wild are down 1-0 cuz of the ape but we will win it 4-3
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 11:34 pm

Missesthenetagainerrwaithejusthitit ties it
Back to top Go down
Wildforcup10

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:40 am

Man the refs are fucking shit up

Good thing one of refs took a beating. They want to get in the way, the deserve to get punched!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:21 am

Johnsson is playing for a big contract you can tell, 3 game scoring streak, never did that under JL Very Happy
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:44 pm

he really stepped into that shot too, i like seeing the defensemen getting more involved in some of the offense.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Wild @ Ducks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wild @ Ducks   Wild @ Ducks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild @ Ducks
Page 1 of 1