Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 Empty
PostSubject: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 12:06 am

Wild vs. Ducks post-game

Scandella's overtime rush pays off with huge 2-1 victory over the Ducks

Written by Derek Felska
Wednesday, 17 November 2010 17:10

Injuries can force a team to resort to desperate measures. I certainly became all too familiar with that during this football season where I saw the JV football season nixed because so many of them were being forced to move up and play on the varsity squad. The lack of depth hurt us a lot, where we were regularly playing freshman on our scout team. No offense to those freshman, but it was tough to give our varsity team quality repetitions using guys that were 50 lbs or more lighter than any of the kids they'd be facing on Friday night. Honestly, as a coach it is kind of scary to know that you're one injury from a freshman playing on your varsity team. The Anaheim Ducks certainly can relate. Quack, quack, quack, I am sorry for trying to re-live the origin of the Anaheim Ducks but I can't help it. No, they're not coached by Gordon Bombay or have a quirky and incredibly diverse team filled with players like Phillip Banks, Fulton Reed, Charlie Conway, Greg Goldberg or Luis "Cowboy" Mendoza, Connie Moreau and who could forget Russ Tyler's "knucklepuck" shot. However if you take a look at the Ducks roster you could be forgiven for wondering if they're going to have to call up Lester Averman next. The Ducks have been so ravaged by injuries they've had to go fairly deep into their farm system to fill out their roster. They've been forced to stick with youngsters like Cam Fowler, Kyle Palmieri, Luca Sbisa and Nick Bonnino perhaps before they're ready but sometimes adversity can bring out the best in a team. Everyone rallies around one another and you find that you have an inner strength that can help you overcome the odds. Right now that could definitely describe the way leaders like Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan, Corey Perry, Lubomir Visnovsky, Teemu Selanne and Jonas Hiller have played as of late.

Minnesota has had its fair share of injuries this season and in some ways compelled them to play a more sensible style of game and the Wild have been far more cohesive as a unit. Yet that is not to say they are without troubles, the team is still trying to string together more consistent full-game efforts. Even with players from the farm like Cody Almond, Colton Gillies, Casey Wellman, Matt Kassian, Marco Scandella and Robbie Earl all having made cameo appearances this season it makes you wonder if the Wild are going to perhaps have to give Team Iceland stud (from D2: A Mighty Ducks sequel) Gunnar Stahl a callup. Then again maybe not. So which M*A*S*H unit team will resemble a team with resilience or one that looks as good in a dress as Corporal Klinger? We shall see tonight. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Sorry for all of the Mighty Ducks references, but there is a full post game as well as prospect report on Brett Bulmer and Erik Haula. Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:08 am

don't you dare apologize for the Ducks references, those were awesome!

Quack quack quack Mr. Ducksworth.

GORDON YOU STOP THAT QUACKING!

You may have paid for this jersey, but you didn't earn it!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:16 am

lol speaking of the Mighty Ducks movies, if you look on ebay you can see some guy selling replica jerseys (not the shirts) but actual hockey material of the 1st Ducks jersey and an Adam Banks Hawks one.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Since when is Edina in District 5? Razz

Adam Banks being a duck made the ducks cheaters.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:49 am

"Our old coach used to just yell alot, that's how he hurt his shoulder."

"hurt his shoulder?"

"you snot nosed little punks better pick it up.....ugh ugh ugh."

"great, heart attack. ok scrimmage, you three, and you, versus you four."

"we have names you know."

"I'm sure you do, very lovely ones at that, someday, I might just get to know them."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010   Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wild vs. Ducks - 10/17/2010
Page 1 of 1