Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

He's Back....

Go down 
+2
forthewild
OldTimeHockey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
OldTimeHockey

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:04 pm

There will be plenty of articles between today and tomorrow about Lemaire. Whether or not you liked his system, he did amazing things for this team. Without him, we would have been hanging out with Columbus the past 9 years. Here's some excerpts from Russo's blog.

Russo

Quote :

First things first, Lemaire held Devils practice in Mendota Heights this afternoon, and afterward came back to the X with the Devils to change back into his street clothes. Lemaire got misty-eyed a bit about his return, and when I pointed that out to him, he actually had to walk off with his eyes clearly welled. Lemaire's always a class act, and it was a pleasure covering him.

Lemaire quotes:

Quote :
It’s a little different. I never quite see that room in the past, but now I know. It’s a lot of chance. It was nice when we flew in there. At the start of the season, you start to think about your own team and you try not to forget, but you put aside the past. You have to go on with your life. But we land at 1 a.m., and I start to remember a lot of things. I lived not too far from the airport when I was here, and I started to get a lot of memories.

Today, I went running [on the treadmill at hotel]. I was running and looking at the river and on the other side was the Cathedral. I ran for 40 minutes, and was thinking about the nine years that I spent here.

Just the arena when we got in and we look, we remember the fans. The fans were so good, so good for us. You can’t ask for more than what they gave us.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 pm

I loved JL as a coach here he was amazing, its too bad we didn't have a GM that could have a healthy relationship with him, To me the Devils are the frontrunners for the cup, and its because of JL.

Tho this is one game i hope we win decisively, Todd Richards has done such an amazing job here, for a team with no scorers, (Bruno is a great player/guy love him and will always love him for what he's done for us, but any team whose leading scorer is Bruno is not in a good place) and a bunch of grinders, to have him have this team in this position is amazing, just think about how many games we blew early on, we could be contending for the division right now.

I cannot wait till tomorrow, a decisive win would be so sweet, sorry Jacques but we are going to get this one.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:14 pm

JL's team is going to destroy us tomorrow but they probably won't run up the score because it is a JL team

I like the new system but, unless we have a stacked line up, odds are against us playing a good trapping team
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 10:28 pm

Lemaire can't be too happy about his team getting their asses kicked last night either. Hopefully Rolston won't take anyone out with his slapper.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm

Will be nice to see both JL and Rolston, both did great things for us... obviously JL more so.

I don't think the Wild stand a chance against a JL run Devils squad though. They have a lot of talent on their end of the ice, and they play JL hockey so well.
Back to top Go down
faribogopherguy

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 pm

If anyone wants to know where I'm sitting tomorrow night, listen. If Rolston scores a goal, you'll hear teenage girl like screaming. I'll be the guy sitting next to the screamer.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 01, 2010 11:41 pm

ahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

He's Back.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: He's Back....   He's Back.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

He's Back....
Page 1 of 1