Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.

Go down 
+5
Kevin W
cehnehdeh
Quisp
Marlowe Syn
faribogopherguy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
faribogopherguy

Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. Empty
PostSubject: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:07 pm

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=512037

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't St. Louis sign him to a contract extension after last season?
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Checked out the Blues message board. Sounds like a lot of the young players did not like playing under Murray. The vast majority i.e. all the Blues poster were happy with this bit of news. After their mini playoff run last season, and I also thought Murray signed an extension in the off season, that his job was safe. I always likes St Louis. Hope this can help right the ship and they can rally for a playoff spot. Not at the expense of the Wild of course. I've been thinking any big shake up was going to be St Louis making a run at trading for Halak in MTL.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Saw this coming a mile a way. Andy Murray is old school and give many benny's to seasoned vets and tries to mold the young guys by example and discipline. Problem is in St Louis the vets are not producing and the young guys that are are getting 4th line minutes. Erik Johnson was a healthy scratch because he had a couple bad games yet he has a good +/- and the leading scorer on the blue line. You just don't scratch your best defenseman to prove a point when you can't win at home. Kariya, Boyes and McDonald are getting paid to score and they are not doing it plus they don't play defense. Murray is lax on those guys, he needed to go in a big way.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Firesale then?

I call dibs on Kariya!
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 8:08 pm

I got tired of defending Murray down here. I kept saying "Well, he got the Blues back in the playoffs after a couple years away, he's not doing anything different that last year..."
The last couple of weeks have been rough. Even with their little 3 game streak in western Canada everybody got all excited and then they've just played poorly again.
After the loss to Vancouver on Thursday, I was genuinely pissed at him. Just watching his post game conference was enough to make me wanna kick his ass.

I don't know dick about this new guy other than he was coaching in the AHL for Peoria. But at this point, the Blues can't get any worse (at home especially).

That being said, I'm not looking forward to STL getting their butts handed to them tonight against Chicago.

And ceh, you can have Kariya.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 10:49 pm

Murray didn't put the Blues in the playoffs last year, Mason did.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 12:13 am

Quisp wrote:

Too bad Mason started showing his true form as soon as the Playoffs started eh?

Ah well, not every team can have an all star goalie like the Canucks and Devils do.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Ah well, not every team can have an all star goalie like the Canucks do in the regular season and Devils do.
at

sorry had to correct you, after the performance Lou had vs Chicago the only word that should follow star is a elete sieve

Also any chance we could trade for Backas, he has good potential and well lets face it he must not be happy in STL, tho this might have made him happy.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:17 am

forthewild wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

Ah well, not every team can have an all star goalie like the Canucks do in the regular season and Devils do.
at

sorry had to correct you, after the performance Lou had vs Chicago the only word that should follow star is a elete sieve

Also any chance we could trade for Backas, he has good potential and well lets face it he must not be happy in STL, tho this might have made him happy.

I already knew that you were a WILD fan more than a general NHL fan, you didn't have to reinforce this thinking with such a shortsighted statement.

Dallas would beg to differ with you 2 seasons ago, St Louis would be to differ last season.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:22 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
forthewild wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:
Quisp wrote:

at

I already knew that you were a WILD fan more than a general NHL fan, you didn't have to reinforce this thinking with such a shortsighted statement.

Dallas would beg to differ with you 2 seasons ago, St Louis would be to differ last season.

Sorry Ceh but Star goalies are the ones who have rings, Avs got shut down by Roli.Manny in 03 doesnt make those star goalies, tho Roli has been quite good. Lou will have a chance to prove him self, no doubt he's great in the reg season, but he has to perform this year, if Van doesn't reach Conf finals and puts up a fight he may not have it. oh and do remember if you looked at the predictions threads i picked Van to win our division.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 1:24 am

Luongo has 12 seasons to prove he's a "star goalie".

Just the fact that he was selected to TC would be enough for most peeps though....
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:45 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Luongo has 12 seasons to prove he's a "star goalie".

Just the fact that he was selected to TC would be enough for most peeps though....

he needs the playoffs Ceh, Komisarek was selected to the olympics but i wouldn't trust that guy to fetch my coffee.

Lou really needs the ring, if he wants that status to be universal. otherwise those sieve performances he had vs Chi are going to be the reminders.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:48 am

Also Ceh should have talked to you was in Vancouver today, needed a good place to eat, finally decided on Earls was ok but, the wait staff was all dressed like they were begging for tips.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:50 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
Firesale then?

I call dibs on Kariya!
He's still playing? affraid
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 2:55 am

forthewild wrote:
Also Ceh should have talked to you was in Vancouver today, needed a good place to eat, finally decided on Earls was ok but, the wait staff was all dressed like they were begging for tips.

I actually live up Highway One (trans-canada highway) about 1.5 hours away.

Just curious, why were you in Vancouver?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 3:10 am

Wife's friend had her bday, so we went to the aquarium
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 4:55 pm

So you don't live in Minnesota?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 5:29 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:

Moving back in like 4ish months. at the moment i'm in the land of poo
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2010 11:10 pm

forthewild wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:

you are one of the first people i've ever known to call BC the land of poo. It's freaking BEAUTIFUL here!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 1:31 am

cehnehdeh wrote:
forthewild wrote:
cehnehdeh wrote:

you are one of the first people i've ever known to call BC the land of poo. It's freaking BEAUTIFUL here!

its quite similar to MN the environments are beautiful but Victoria is Ugly as hell and dirty, land of poo is mostly because i don't like being here, its a nice place an all.

Still i wonder if STL will try for Mac T or Keenan.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Fuck you St. Louis for firing Andy Murray. Gotta get that club on track so you can keep the playoff hopes alive even though you're behind the Wilds, Dallas and Detroit and 11 points out. 'Tarded. Fire some of your old ass players instead says I. Get a nice pick.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:03 am

Hmm...as the old saying goes, "if you're going to lose, lose on the road" and I think that doomed Andy Murray more than anything else. This was supposed to be the year the Blues were supposed to take it to the next level after a great 2nd half surge last year. I think Murray has been the scapegoat for a team that has been inconsistent in its effort. Hard work used to be a given with this team and that is really what made them successful.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:29 am

How does Murray get canned before Hitchcock?

Article

Quote :
Hitchcock sounds as though he knows his time in Columbus could be drawing to a close.

“We’ve got a plan and we’re willing to stick with it,” Hitchcock said of his young talent. “And if it costs me my job, it costs me my job. But there is a plan.”

Dude! Your plan isn't working!!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 am

Aren't the Blues technically better this year, they have Kariya back, there is no excuse as to why they should be bottomfeedrs you have to look at the coach.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 am

Kariya has never proved anything for the Blues and he has had hip surgery. Boyes and Backes over performed last year and they rode a hot goalie at the end of the year. Expectations in this tow were way too high in my opinion. That being said Murray never really help the vets accountable and called out the young guys all the time. I think JD should have given him a talking to and then shit canned him at the end of the season.
The ownership group for the Blues is pretty good, they know which direction they want to go and if anyone tries to steer the train a different route then they will be gone.
Murray changed his tune after the extension figuring he was locked in for a couple more years and it bit him in the ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.   Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blues relieve Andy Murray of coaching duties.
Page 1 of 1