Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

1/9 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks

Go down 
+6
Kevin W
forthewild
Dee Oh Cee
KillerCarlson
sqare
00Xtremeninja
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sqare

sqare

1/9 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1/9 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks   1/9 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 3:38 pm

forthewild wrote:
sqare wrote:

Oh, btw... Have I mentioned that the Ice Hogs fans are CRAZY!?

do elaborate.

It's an AHL team in a city that isn't so up on hockey IQ.

One example is when the refs called an offsides on the Ice Hogs. There was a group of fans that absolutely railed on the refs for the whistle and started heckling them. Now, there was a player lagging close to the crease, the puck came out about a good five feet and it was clearly offside. Yet, one of the hysterical kids wanted to throw things at the ref and had to be calmed down by his grandfather because his parents were almost tossing HIM at the officials.

There's also politics going on with the Met Center. It's in downtown Rockford and the city paid a shit-ton to revitalize it. Downtown rockford is a SCARY place and I ain't no wimp. For the money that the city paid to renovate, they could have built a new facility out in Cherry Vale and it would have drawn much bigger crowds. When the Hogs were losing to the Aeros, the crowd started a chant about that. I think it was "SHOULDVE BUILT IN CHERRY VALE".

It's nuts. They heckle their own players WAY more than the opponents. Oh, and they think Skille is a god.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/

1/9 GDT Wild VS Blackhawks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2