Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?

Go down 
+4
Velmeran
00Xtremeninja
TaLoN
Wild_State_of_Hockey
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:04 am

There's a part of me that wants this sellout streak to be officially broken, just so (a) we don't have to continually worry about it anymore, and (b) the Wild can get away from that cheesy "you are the GREATEST fans in the world" BS during EVERY SINGLE FREAKING GAME!!!
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 am

MuckandGrind wrote:
There's a part of me that wants this sellout streak to be officially broken, just so (a) we don't have to continually worry about it anymore, and (b) the Wild can get away from that cheesy "you are the GREATEST fans in the world" BS during EVERY SINGLE FREAKING GAME!!!
Actually, the two pre-season games we've had at home, they have not made that announcement even though they were both sellouts.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 11:56 am

Do they typically make the "You are the greatest HOCKEY FANS in the WORLD! announcement during preseason?

Maybe they're just saving it for the regular season so it'll be "more special" Razz
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Do they typically make the "You are the greatest HOCKEY FANS in the WORLD! announcement during preseason?

Maybe they're just saving it for the regular season so it'll be "more special" Razz
Yes, they have in previous seasons.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:06 pm

Well ok then... streak over :'( Crying or Very sad

Only been to a few pre-season games (last was a pre-season game against the 'Nucks in '04. First home game we played them after the '03 playoffs... was nothing like I expected)
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 12:17 pm

Velmeran wrote:
Well ok then... streak over :'( Crying or Very sad

Only been to a few pre-season games (last was a pre-season game against the 'Nucks in '04. First home game we played them after the '03 playoffs... was nothing like I expected)
No, they have been reported as sellouts by Russo, the streak is still alive.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:00 pm

More fuel to the streak over fire...

Just got an e-mail from the Wild, saying as a WH member, I can get 50% off lower level and club level tickets for games in October.

All I need to do is match the deposit amount currently in my account (which for me is $100, and I assume most people who joined the WH before they started asking for $100 each year, that's what they'll have (or 100 per seat anyway)).

Desperate move to sell tickets, opening night included in this offer.
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:21 pm

Velmeran wrote:
More fuel to the streak over fire...

Just got an e-mail from the Wild, saying as a WH member, I can get 50% off lower level and club level tickets for games in October.

All I need to do is match the deposit amount currently in my account (which for me is $100, and I assume most people who joined the WH before they started asking for $100 each year, that's what they'll have (or 100 per seat anyway)).

Desperate move to sell tickets, opening night included in this offer.

Yep, I got the same exact email. They are EXTREMELY desperate to sell these tickets.

I also noticed this today too just reading an article at wild.com:

Quote :
Wild announces opening night festivities
Wild opens home schedule Tuesday, Oct. 6 vs. Anaheim Ducks
Monday, 09.28.2009 / 3:03 PM / News Minnesota Wild

SAINT PAUL/MINNEAPOLIS, Minn. – The National Hockey League’s (NHL) Minnesota Wild today announced the schedule of events for its 2009-10 Home Opener against the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday, Oct. 6. Face-off is slated for 8:15 p.m. and Xcel Energy Center gates will open at 6:30 p.m.

The game will be broadcast live on KSTC-TV, Channel 45 in high definition and on WCCO Radio 830 AM. KSTC-TV, Channel 45 will air a live Wild Country pre-game show starting at 7:30 p.m. WCCO Radio’s Michele Tafoya will broadcast live from Tom Reid’s Hockey City Pub from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. and Mike Max will broadcast live from inside the Xcel Energy Center from 7:00 to 7:30 p.m. leading up to the Wild pre-game show.

The team will hold a Wake-Up Rally from 6:00 to 9:00 a.m. outside the Xcel Energy Center on both sides of Kellogg Boulevard. Fans can stop by and receive a muffin, coffee, Coke products, a Pioneer Press and a team wall calendar. The WCCO Morning News with Dave Lee will broadcast live from the Wake-Up Rally from 5:00 to 9:00 a.m.

The team will also host a Pre-Game Party starting at 5:30 p.m. on the top floor of the RiverCentre Parking Ramp. Activities will include live music, food and beverages and interactive hockey games. The pre-game party is free and open to the public.

Minnesota is 7-0-1 all-time in Home Openers, winning its last seven overall. All fans attending Tuesday’s game will receive a Minnesota Wild wall calendar presented by Wells Fargo, FOX Sports North and Xcel Energy.

Great seats are still available for all Minnesota Wild home games including the Home Opener against the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm

What probably makes the situation worse is the large price break between the upper and lower levels. When there isn't a bad seat in the house, there isn't much incentive to pay more for a seat way back in the lower ends or corners than for a nice seat along the sides or ends up top. That could apply for the club level too.

hopefully the team gets off to a good start and the "greatest" hockey fans in the world can wake up. It's still hockey.
Back to top Go down
Velmeran

Velmeran

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:23 am

Also gotta figure given the economy and the "Premium Game" prices the Wild put in place last year for certain games, isn't helping ticket sales for those games.

I mean, sure it's opening night but why here's the listing for the difference from Reg game pricing to Premium game.

Club Level Sides are $20 more for a "Premium Game"
Club Level Ends are $18 more for a "Premium Game"
Lower Level Sides are $19 more for a "Premium Game"
Lower Level Corners are $17 more for a "Premium Game"
Lower Level Ends are $15 more for a "Premium Game"
Upper Level Sides are $10 more for a "Premium Game"
Standing Room Only are $10 more for a "Premium Game"
Upper Level Ends are $5 more for a "Premium Game"

Then factor in TM charges...
Back to top Go down
Wild_State_of_Hockey

Wild_State_of_Hockey

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:12 pm

Attendance was announced as 18,256 (or somewhere close) for last nights game at the X.

Keep in mind that when the X was first built, the OFFICIAL capacity was and is still listed as 18,064... so until attendance falls to 18,063 or below, the sellout streak is still on.

It is quite interesting that even for home opener, they couldn't hit 18,568. The sellout streak ending is looking more and more like a possibility...
Back to top Go down
http://www.hockeyfanfaceoff.com
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 11:07 pm

Now granted I'm a rather cynical person, but I wonder how much of this talk about the sell-out streak ending is just lip service propaganda to get butts in the seats. I mean this sellout streak has become quite a medal on our lapel for the "State of Hockey" and I could see certain powers that be using that to stuff a couple of more bucks in their coffer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?   Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could the Wild's Sellout Streak End This Coming Season?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2