Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Backes as a no 2 center

Go down 
+2
Kevin W
forthewild
6 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Backes as a no 2 center Empty
PostSubject: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 11:10 pm

It seems he isn't working out in STL he has 10 g and 17a this year which isn't great but it might be more the situation then him.

last year he had 30g which is damn good, not sure what we could give up to get him, something like Shepp sykora and a 2nd, he could step in be our no 2 center with Havlat and Lats, i know Brodz has done well but he's not a full time top 6 guy.

any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:13 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 pm

Kwright315 wrote:
No.

any reasons why?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Because he's a Blues fan and doesn't want him to go anywhere Razz
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:04 pm

He's more of a winger, they have no need for Sykora or Shep, and a 2nd doesn't help them.
Back to top Go down
Kevin W
Admin
Kevin W

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:24 pm

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Because he's a Blues fan and doesn't want him to go anywhere Razz

More or less! Backes as a no 2 center 599144

The Blues are just a complete fuck story right now. It's hard to tell who actually is good right now and who's terrible. I think Backes has been doing well this season. He's just a victim of the coaches/bad players surrounding him. Problem is I don't know who can fix it.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 1:28 pm

It's alright at least your have Oshie, Perron, Johnson and Pieterangelo
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm

So what about this Schneider rumor kwright? Would a package of Schneider (AHL goalie of the year last year and a top goaltending prospect in the league), Bernier and a 1st rounder do it?
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 10:46 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
So what about this Schneider rumor kwright? Would a package of Schneider (AHL goalie of the year last year and a top goaltending prospect in the league), Bernier and a 1st rounder do it?

heard about this rumor, thats why i want to get him, just to keep another minnesota boy from you nucks. but also because it would improve our team tho i'm not sure if we can afford to give up as much as it will take to get him.
Back to top Go down
Quisp

Quisp

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 2:38 pm

Backes is tough and is not afraid to mix it up plus he hits hard. That is the only thing that matters to Blues fans, at least the majority that show up to a game.
Who needs scoring when you have Cam Janssen?? That is why most Blues fans hate Brewer and they are growing tired of Boyes. They are soft.
Besides, why would you need scoring when TJ Oshie is like a young Brett Hull (according to a Blues fan behind me). Pfft...Backes is like Mark Parrish only a little better and much more gritty. His goal come in front of the net which is why there is such a desparity between this years and last years totals.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Watching Backes last night made me want him even more on this team, this guy is nuts, god if we could do something like say Belanger, Shepp and s 2nd for him i would drool.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 3:01 am

forthewild wrote:
Watching Backes last night made me want him even more on this team, this guy is nuts, god if we could do something like say Belanger, Shepp and s 2nd for him i would drool.

Junk, Junk and a second for an up and coming power forward?

Dream on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backes as a no 2 center   Backes as a no 2 center I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Backes as a no 2 center
Page 1 of 1