Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed

Go down 
+5
Havoc
Jagged Ice
forthewild
cehnehdeh
Dee Oh Cee
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed Empty
PostSubject: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 am

Yep it's official...GameFly called me up today and basically said, in nicer words, "We don't really have a good reason to fire you....but you're technically on an independent contract we can terminate at any time...so fuck you."

I had been working for them (like i said not technically as a GameFly employee but as an independent contractor) for almost two years and I just expected to receive a little more respect and courtesy when this thing would happen...I think I would have earned that by now...

Basically the guy was a dick about it and created these reasons for getting rid of me and the accusations were totally false so I called him out on it...and he says, "well it says in your contract that it can be terminated at any time..." thanks for admitting you have no legitimate reason for firing me jackass.

I don't have a problem with it if its a case of too many workers for not enough 'work' but at least he could've said that instead of making up some bullshit reason. In the end, I composed (in my opinion) a highly intellectual email and sent it to him basically saying the whole thing was unprofessional and disrespectful...naturally I didn't get any response that meant anything to me.

That's about the whole story I guess....now I gotta think of what I'm going to do for money...since I won't be able to do the things I do right now (rent, food, bills, etc.) without a job...so I suppose I'm on the hunt

Sorry for the rant...just needed to vent somewhere.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:48 am

Eh, everytime a door closes a new door opens.

If worse comes to worse male prostitution should work. You have nice teeth and Johns LOVE that!
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:51 am

hit up GMCF and be a wild scout.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:55 am

Even if you suck at seeing talent it's not like the Wild would notice anything different going on!

Last edited by cehnehdeh on Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jagged Ice

Jagged Ice

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 1:57 am

burn!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 3:08 am

Lol I knew it would be impossible for something to not turn into a joke...I guess I shouldn't take it too seriously though..I'll be alright...it'll work its way out...

And prostitution? that's in my back pocket if my career of pro golfer doesn't work out....or recent events have proved that they can be done at the same time i suppose.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:05 am

Dee, I for one am sorry and not joking. It hurts to lose a living! Hope that changes soon!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 11:38 am

that sucks man, what did you do specifically for gamefly? because if i am not mistaken it is like netflicks for video games right? were you in like marketing? commercial design? etc.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:00 pm

Oh yea, TRULY sorry you lost your job man. You'll bounce back though!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 2:22 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
that sucks man, what did you do specifically for gamefly? because if i am not mistaken it is like netflicks for video games right? were you in like marketing? commercial design? etc.

Nah it was nothing special..I just worked customer service answering emails and such...but since I'm 19 and have to make about a $300 a month payment it helps to have a reliable source of income so I better start looking for something for summer I guess.

And thanks Havoc and Ceh...you're right I'll bounce back from it.
Back to top Go down
Lers

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

19? College and unemployed? Sounds like some time for
I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed 15935030_400x400

I realize you have to be 21 in the states, so just play online! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:09 pm

Hmm that gives me an idea...

I'll just start betting on sports...with all the hype they've built up I bet I could get some good money betting on them to lose in the playoffs Razz
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:13 pm

lers, it is only 18 to gamble in MN. most places are 21. so Dee could start right up with the Hold em!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:18 pm

Yep you inspired me....I'm taking my life savings to the blackjack table and letting it ride...if I lose it all...its all Lers' fault
Back to top Go down
angelina_e

angelina_e

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Sorry to hear you lost your job, DOC. Sounds like they handled it pretty shitty. Something will come along. It might not be as much of a cush job, but everything happens for a reason. Good luck in your job search!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:23 pm

angelina_e wrote:
Sorry to hear you lost your job, DOC. Sounds like they handled it pretty shitty. Something will come along. It might not be as much of a cush job, but everything happens for a reason. Good luck in your job search!

Thank you very much hopefully it goes well (and quick)!

And yeah that's the thing I was most upset about...I understand that they would 'fire' me but it was just terrible the way they did it...basically acted like I was a kid and they can do w/e they want and I wouldn't understand or care enough...something about when adults act like I'm 12 really pisses me off Razz
Back to top Go down
Lers

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
lers, it is only 18 to gamble in MN. most places are 21. so Dee could start right up with the Hold em!

Really? Minnesota just went up two notches in my books.

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
Yep you inspired me....I'm taking my life savings to the blackjack table and letting it ride...if I lose it all...its all Lers' fault

Hey now, I never said anything about blackjack, I said texas holdem!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:33 pm

2 notches above where? lol
Back to top Go down
Lers

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:

Vegas, 21-19 = 2 (yes I know very difficult.)
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 3:51 pm

fair enough...I do like Hold 'em more than any other game anyway...just gotta get the cards then
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Lers wrote:
00Xtremeninja wrote:

Vegas, 21-19 = 2 (yes I know very difficult.)

ahhhhhhhh ya got me!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:09 pm

So Doc, found anything yet?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:47 pm

cehnehdeh wrote:
So Doc, found anything yet?

Not yet Ceh....then again I haven't really gave 100% yet in actually trying to find one.

I'm thinking I'll hold out til summer without a job but I need one for sure by the time I'm out of class...and i also know I can't wait til then to start looking either...so I'm probably going to get going on that here pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:44 am

Sorry you were dismissed so dismissively. I've been there recently, and it is a shitty feeling to know that even you come in an put in an honest days work, you are still just a payroll number to them. There is a latin/gaelic saying over the exit door at my favorite pub, Kieran's, that seems apt in this regard. Nolite te bastardes carborundorum. Loosely translated to Don't let the bastards grind you down. Good luck to you boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed   I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I've Joined the Ranks of the Unemployed
Page 1 of 1