Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ESPN Power Ranks

Go down 
+5
TaLoN
forthewild
shmiddy
Jarick
00Xtremeninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:44 pm

Quote :
2009-2010 Power Rankings: Week 1
RK (PV) TEAM REC. COMMENT
1 Penguins 0-0-0 Hey, they're the defending Stanley Cup champs. They get a free pass to the top of the rankings for at least a week.
2 Sharks 0-0-0 These are regular-season rankings, not playoff rankings, which explains why the Sharks are here and not in the trash bin.
3 Flyers 0-0-0 This is a good, big, deep, hungry team. All eyes are on goalie Ray Emery now.
4 Capitals 0-0-0 The Caps are grittier up front, but the defense and goaltending will have to prove themselves if Washington wants to get to the top of the heap.
5 Blackhawks 0-0-0 Can the youthful Hawks play with monster expectations? Why not?
6 Red Wings 0-0-0 The Wings will have to prove significant personnel changes won't set them back too much in the ultra-competitive Western Conference.
7 Flames 0-0-0 Look for big bounce-back seasons from goalie Miikka Kiprusoff and defenseman Dion Phaneuf.
8 Bruins 0-0-0 Defending Vezina Trophy and Norris Trophy winners Tim Thomas and Zdeno Chara suggest the Bruins will remain a force in the East even without Phil Kessel.
9 Ducks 0-0-0 If the goaltending tandem of Jonas Hiller and Jean-Sebastien Giguere doesn't implode, the Ducks are a dark horse to win the Pacific Division.
10 Lightning 0-0-0 The Lightning could be the surprise team in the Eastern Conference if Mike Smith stays healthy in goal.
11 Hurricanes 0-0-0 A solid, middle-of-the-playoff-pack team.
12 Blues 0-0-0 Erik Johnson, Paul Kariya, et al, start the season healthy and with high expectations. Those expectations are well-placed.
13 Sabres 0-0-0 Can the Sabres stay healthy? If so, they're back in the postseason.
14 Kings 0-0-0 Are these Kings really ready to take that all-important step toward the playoffs? They'd better be, or heads will roll in L.A.
15 Panthers 0-0-0 Solid coaching and a core of young forwards are ready to take the Panthers back to the postseason.
16 Oilers 0-0-0 Top-notch coaching, solid goaltending and a talented blue line should get the Oilers back into the playoffs.
17 Canucks 0-0-0 A murderous road schedule around the Olympics and questions about the offense will combine for heartache come playoff time. At least in our book.
18 Canadiens 0-0-0 Lots of offense, not enough size and what about the goaltending?
19 Senators 0-0-0 Too many question marks, especially along the blue line. Can Pascal Leclaire revive the Sens?
20 Wild 0-0-0 New coach Todd Richards should erase the previously stifling style, but the Wild still will not have enough offense.
21 Predators 0-0-0 Can rookie sensation Pekka Rinne carry the freight for a Preds team that once again looks like it will struggle to score?
22 Rangers 0-0-0 There is something not quite right with the Rangers. Marian Gaborik will have to prove us wrong.
23 Blue Jackets 0-0-0 Hard to believe Steve Mason will be able to replicate his extraordinary rookie-season success. If he can't, there will be trouble aplenty in Columbus.
24 Devils 0-0-0 Even Jacques Lemaire won't be able to hide the deficiencies in offense from which the Devils look to suffer.
25 Thrashers 0-0-0 The offense will be explosive, but goaltending might once again doom the Thrashers.
26 Stars 0-0-0 The retooled Stars have questions on the back end, and need offensive stars Brenden Morrow and Brad Richards to bounce back from serious injuries.
27 Maple Leafs 0-0-0 Tough, you bet. Scoring? Not so much. Goaltending? Who knows.
28 Islanders 0-0-0 Rookie John Tavares is in the spotlight, but team defense and goaltending should be better this season.
29 Coyotes 0-0-0 The office mess has bled into the locker room with the resignation of coach Wayne Gretzky. New bench boss Dave Tippett is a fine coach but hasn't had much time to get this squad ready for competition.
30 Avalanche 0-0-0 A once-great team in full decline.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Jarick

Jarick

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:54 pm

I don't care what they rank us, I just want them to notice us. I'm tired of the Wild being an afterthought.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:16 pm

yeah, ESPN usually jocks the nuts of the eastern teams.
Back to top Go down
shmiddy

shmiddy

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:33 pm

I think they were generous enough.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Man i do think the wild will be a bottom team but to rate the Devils after teams like Ligtning, and Montreal is just plain dumb, they still have scoring and MARTIN BRODEUR
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
yeah, ESPN usually jocks the nuts of the eastern teams.
So does everyone else who covers the NHL.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 4:55 pm

TSN especially i swear if Crosby came to the studios they would all line up twice to do that.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

I don't see the Flames being nearly as high as this when the season ends. They lost a point per game from last season and their secondary scoring is... worse than ours. They may be expecting rebound seasons for some of their players, but why? They have one scoring line this year...
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
forthewild

forthewild

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 pm

sqare wrote:
I don't see the Flames being nearly as high as this when the season ends. They lost a point per game from last season and their secondary scoring is... worse than ours. They may be expecting rebound seasons for some of their players, but why? They have one scoring line this year...

when you think about how big of a load Kipper takes on and how if he plays for Finland he'll be just plain tired, and their #2 is crap i think you may be right.

This could be a interesting scenario, Vancouver has that brutal road trip and if Kipper gets over used we might have a shot at a #2 spot in our division.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:26 pm

forthewild wrote:
sqare wrote:

when you think about how big of a load Kipper takes on and how if he plays for Finland he'll be just plain tired, and their #2 is crap i think you may be right.

This could be a interesting scenario, Vancouver has that brutal road trip and if Kipper gets over used we might have a shot at a #2 spot in our division.

true, but damn do i hate to rely on other teams to help us out in things.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:27 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
forthewild wrote:
sqare wrote:

true, but damn do i hate to rely on other teams to help us out in things.

Yeah for now we have to live with that its how Riser did business.
Back to top Go down
Wild Fan #1

Wild Fan #1

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:33 pm

Horrible list from 10-26.
Back to top Go down
MuckandGrind

MuckandGrind

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:00 am

I could easily see the Wild around #20....I could also see them around #10, #15, and #25...I have NO freakin' clue....
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:51 am

If anyone has them locked in ANY position they are lying. Nobody has a clue.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:53 am

Lightning at 10 and Canucks at 17.

Nuff said!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESPN Power Ranks Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESPN Power Ranks   ESPN Power Ranks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESPN Power Ranks
Page 1 of 1