Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

who do you want USA to face?

Go down 
+8
forthewild
Dee Oh Cee
OldTimeHockey
timotheuzi
KillerCarlson
Marlowe Syn
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

who do you want USA to face? Empty
PostSubject: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:46 pm

Finland or Czech Republic?

I am leaning more towards the Czech team. I think we could handle them a lot better.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 pm

I think the Czechs have more scorers... but I think Finland plays with more chemistry. I also think the Czechs have better goaltending.
Back to top Go down
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 pm

I think we could handle the Czechs better, but I gotta admit I'm still rooting for the Finns to medal. Just not a higher podium position than us.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Agreed. I "like" the Finns better... That's due to Koivu and my Finnish heritage. Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:55 pm

lol, right. i am torn between the two teams in that game.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:59 pm

I'll root for Finland, but only because I like the squad, not because that's who I would prefer the U.S. team to face on Friday. They'll face who they face, and will have to play their A-game either way, so just let that part take care of itself. Wink
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:11 pm

I like matching up against either of these teams. They're both not that good IMO.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:21 pm

Halfway through the first, the Czechs have yet to register a shot on goal. Now they're going on the PK...
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:25 pm

I think Switzerland would've beaten either of these teams...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:27 pm

Finland held Sweden to 3, so it's not like they are completely overmatched by the rest of the teams in the tourney.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

TaLoN wrote:
Finland held Sweden to 3, so it's not like they are completely overmatched by the rest of the teams in the tourney.

Despite what you say, I watched a fin team that was completely overmatched against sweden in that one game at least.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:31 pm

Germany held Sweden to two...were they really competitive? No, they just collapsed near the crease and played for a 2-1 game...it was inaugural season of the Wild redux. Neither Finland or Czech Republic look like teams that will handle Team USA's physicality very well.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:35 pm

Finland didn't play it the same as Germany either though. They didn't drop 4-5 to their own blue-line the instant Sweden got the puck. Finland defeated that same German team 5-0.

Now that last part I do agree with, the U.S. has the advantage over either team physically.
Back to top Go down
timotheuzi

timotheuzi

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:39 pm

I am really interested to watch sweden vs slovakia later. I think sweden wins it and then exposes luuuuus glaring elevated shot weakness like the wild do all the time. LUuuu sucks against elevated shots, Russia was floating wristers over his shoulder...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:40 pm

Nothing nothing after 1, Finns outshot the Czechs 11-7.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 11:59 pm

Finns completely controlling the play ATM.
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 am

Well, I've been rooting for USA followed by Finland. So a matchup between them would be awesome! It'd be a win-win situation. I never expected Team USA to get this far, therefore I wouldn't be crushed if they don't make the finals. Plus, that'd mean Finland moves on. Either way, works for me.

Still see Canada getting the gold.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 am

Hagman with the only goal... 5mins left in the game. Finland up 1-0.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:12 am

Annnnd it will be US vs Finland....going to be a fun one that I'm confident the US can win.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 am

The Finns have some skill though, I think the teams are evenly matched skill-wise, but the U.S. takes it due to the physical edge and goaltending edge.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:14 am

My logic is that we can beat any team that needs to have Antti Miettien on it Razz
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 am

SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!! YES!!!!
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:18 am

GREAT ODINS RAVEN
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:22 am

Dee Oh Cee wrote:
My logic is that we can beat any team that needs to have Antti Miettien on it Razz
Hasn't he been riding the pine quite a bit this tourney? How does that equate to "needs"?
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 1:26 am

It was more of a joke...I'm sure it will be a close game since both sides have their fair share of talent...once again come down to the goaltenders...and I agree with you saying the US has an advantage physically and that could help us gain the edge.

Regardless I'm excited for 2 great semi final games Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who do you want USA to face?   who do you want USA to face? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who do you want USA to face?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next