Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCarlson

Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... Empty
PostSubject: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:26 pm

Gophers, Olympics and Wild Ticket prices increase

Gophers keep it simple as they earn critical 3-2 victory over #11 ranked UMD; U.S. and Canada advance to Gold Medal game; Wild raise ticket season ticket prices for 2010-11 season

Written by Derek Felska
Saturday, 27 February 2010 14:47

It has been a maddenly frustrating season for the University of Minnesota Men's Hockey team, as their inconsistent offense and goaltending has combined to leave its talent-loaded squad just around .500 going into its two-game matchup against rival #11 ranked University of Minnesota-Duluth. Last week the Gophers surprised a few by sweeping Colorado College, as they seemed to find a simplified attack where they focused on bringing the puck to the crease and banging home goals. They would use a similar strategy against the Bulldogs in what was an exciting back and forth game. Minnesota was also showing good aggressiveness to transform turnovers into quick offense in transition and this is precisely how the Gophers got on the scoreboard first. A neutral zone turnover by Nick Larson would have him turn towards the UMD zone and race up the ice where he threaded a pass to Jake Hansen who showed good strength on the puck as he drew Bulldogs defenders towards him before saucering a perfect pass back to a streaking Larson who beat Brady Hjelle with a terrific shot underneath the crossbar. In the 2nd period the Bulldogs really started to pour on the pressure and it was hard work down near the Gophers crease that allowed them to tie the game as Alex Kangas felt UMD close in around him before White Bear Lake's David Grun tapped home the tying goal. The Gophers would regroup in the 3rd period as they'd get the go-ahead goal on a point blast from Duluth-native Cade Fairchild. UMD would waste little time answering back as Travis Oleksuk made up for a botched chance he had in the 2nd by lighting the lamp by shoveling home a shot near the crease on a Bulldogs power play. The Gophers stayed calm and it was former Wild draft pick Nick Leddy ripping a shot from the point that was stopped by Hjelle who gave up a rebound that Bowling Green transfer Jacob Cepis pounced upon for the game winner.

The game was a refreshing change of pace for "Minnesota's Pride on Ice" as they appear to have embraced a simpler form of hockey where its not built on fancy tic-tac-toe passing but a style that emphasizes speed and taking shots on goal when they present themselves. Too many times the Gophers had tried to rely on the pretty goals and the result has been its inconsistent attack. Minnesota still has a long way to go and it still may not be able to sneak its way into the NCAA tournament but at least it seems to have made an adjustment to focus on playing good fundamental hockey instead of continuing to make the game more complicated than it needs to be. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

It has an Olympic summary as well as an entry on the Wild increasing season ticket prices. Its the new blog and is up and running and has its own message board! Please take a look!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 5:45 pm

damn, QUIT RAISING TICKET PRICES!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 am

wow, was trying to read the STH reactions to price increases and the thread got removed midway through my reading.

they can't even allow the people who have the right to bitch and moan, to bitch and moan.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:13 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
wow, was trying to read the STH reactions to price increases and the thread got removed midway through my reading.

they can't even allow the people who have the right to bitch and moan, to bitch and moan.

It just got moved to General.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:20 pm

that one has been there for a few days, the one in HT is gone gone gone!
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 3:23 pm

00Xtremeninja wrote:
that one has been there for a few days, the one in HT is gone gone gone!

Ahhh, it was merged. Kinda like mine and SF's "Predict the Gold Medal Score" threads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...   Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gophers win, Olympics update and Wild season tickets increase...
Page 1 of 1