Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!

Go down 
+3
cehnehdeh
Gnarkill
TaLoN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! Empty
PostSubject: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:35 pm

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! 73

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! Logo

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! Wild_Logo

Here it is guys, last game of the season, and hopefully the last time any of us have to see the two faced puke Modinko on the ice again!

From the Strib...

Last hurrah

Posted by Rachel Blount
Last update: April 9, 2010 - 3:09 PM

Rachel checking in from the X, where the walking wounded came in for an off-ice workout. Several of the guys--including Koivu, Miettinen, Burns and Brunette--were booting around a soccer ball on the fake grass spread out for the Swarm lacrosse game. Koivu is amazingly competitive even doing something as simple as that.

The long list of injuries didn't get much shorter today. Niklas Backstrom is expected to play, despite taking a shot off his throat in Thursday's win at Calgary. Coach Todd Richards said Backstrom has a bruise on his neck and was undergoing a CAT scan Friday, but he added that Backstrom feels fine and will probably play Saturday against the Stars. Nick Schultz (leg injury) will be back, too. Out are Owen Nolan (knee), Marek Zidlicky (arm), Martin Havlat (hamstring), Guillaume Latendresse (upper body) and James Sheppard (knee). Richards also said the team plans to reassign Maxim Noreau to Houston today and bring up winger Petr Kalus.

Expect to see lots of the young'uns tonight. The coach noted this will be the first game in Minnesota for Elk River native Nate Prosser, who got quality minutes at Calgary.

The Wild plan a "major announcement'' Saturday before the game, which will confirm what Russo has already told you: the NHL will award the 2011 entry draft to the Wild.

Game Preview

Gameday: Wild vs. Dallas

Last update: April 10, 2010 - 12:53 AM

Preview: The last game of the season for both the Wild and Stars also could be the career finale for stalwart Mike Modano. The Wild plan to salute his 20-season career with a video tribute, spanning his years in Minnesota and Dallas, and a spot on the cover of the game program. Two other longtime Stars -- G Marty Turco and RW Jere Lehtinen -- could be playing their last games for the franchise as well, creating plenty of emotion for Dallas. The injury-depleted Wild will leave its fans with a peek at the future, as young C Casey Wellman, D Nate Prosser and C Cody Almond get another chance to make an impression.

Players to watch: Wild G Niklas Backstrom, who was hit in the neck by a puck in Thursday's victory at Calgary, is expected to play. He is 4-6-3 all-time against the Stars. ... Turco is 14-4-1 against the Wild with a goals-against average of 2.02 and save percentage of .913.

Numbers: The Wild hasn't lost its final regular-season home game since 2002, going 6-0 since then. ... Its 25 home victories are tied for the second-most in a single season at Xcel Energy Center, but the team has lost its past two home games.

Injuries: Out for the Wild are D Marek Zidlicky (arm), RW Martin Havlat (lower body), LW Guillaume Latendresse (upper body), RW Owen Nolan (leg), C James Sheppard (knee), G Josh Harding (hip), C Andrew Ebbett (hand), D Clayton Stoner (hernia) and C Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion). Stars LW Krys Barch (leg) and C Tom Wandell (knee) are out.
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:45 pm

did I hear in the pondcast that modano has the choice to wear his north stars jersey for warm ups? I hope the X sends him off with an ovation at the least.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 2:46 pm

I will remain silent.
Back to top Go down
cehnehdeh

cehnehdeh

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:04 pm

TaLoN wrote:
I will remain silent.

Do you plan on going to any games next year Tal or are you taking a break from the Wild?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 6:01 pm

I may buy rush tickets on occasion
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:02 pm

TaLoN whats with the Modono hate? he was one of my favorite hockey players for a long time, started to like him less when the wild came into the league but prior to that was a Dallas Stars fan because of Modono.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:53 am

Wild vs. Stars

Wild fail to sour Modano-love fest in 4-3 home shootout lost in season finale

Written by Derek Felska
Saturday, 10 April 2010 15:27

A 'swan song' is a slang term to describe the end of something. There are a couple of 'swan songs' at work this evening at the Xcel Energy Center. For both the Dallas Stars and the Minnesota Wild, their 2009-10 seasons end no matter the outcome. It also could possibly be the swan song for many different players with their respective teams, especially those set to become unrestricted free agents. The Wild have a number of restricted and unrestricted free agents in their organization including Josh Harding, Shane Hnidy, Owen Nolan, John Scott, James Sheppard, Robbie Earl, Andrew Ebbett, Guillaume Latendresse and Derek Boogaard. However oddly enough the one player who may be playing his last game with his team that is making the big headlines is not even a member of the Wild it is Dallas' Mike Modano. The Wild may get a few paragraphs in the sports section of the Minneapolis Star Tribune or St. Paul Pioneer Press but Modano's possible retirement made it worthy of a 3-page article, seems a bit twisted if you ask me. Yet for the Wild with all the injuries Minnesota may be happy to see the season come to an end, especially the training staff who is probably quite busy trying to figure out rehabilitation for so much of its roster.

Dallas too has also suffered an up & down season where inconsistent goaltending and a hit-or-miss offense along with being very tough division worked together to place the Stars in last place in the Pacific. Dallas had a very emotional last game at American Airlines Arena, where Mike Modano treated the home fans to some dramatic goals to give the Stars a shootout victory. Could that magic work again or will Minnesota finish its season on a high note? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a prospect report, as well as a NCAA title game summary. For some reason I'm glad its all over...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 5:27 am

forthewild wrote:
TaLoN whats with the Modono hate? he was one of my favorite hockey players for a long time, started to like him less when the wild came into the league but prior to that was a Dallas Stars fan because of Modono.
He's a two faced SOB who will compliment you one second when speaking to you, then turn around and tell someone else what an asshole he thinks you are.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 12:21 pm

all the modano nut jocking last night was killing me. Win an autographed puck and program?!?! GTFO outta here with that shit. was supposed to be Wild fan appreciation night, not suck Madonos dick night.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Marlowe Syn

Marlowe Syn

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:46 pm

Agreed. Little known fact. Mike Modano is the all time US born scorer. I think I only heard that fact about 20-25 times last night.

Maybe it was just because I was buzzed but Mikko was cracking me up. Whether he was laughing at the cameraman that almost got hit by a puck next to the bench or his animated(for Mikko) show of disgust on that close offsides call.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:50 pm

i would rather those guys be having fun during their last game than being overly serious and getting too bent out of shape over things. so if mikko was goofing a bit, good. i want this team to be comfortable, relaxed, and ready to form some serious chemistry next season.

i am happy with our young prospects too. Wellman is going to be a hell of a player for us. I think it was Prosser who was just fighting people off and working hard in the offense end a few times. He shows he isn't afraid to try and drive in the middle of the net.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!   4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4/10 Stars @ Wild - Last of the season!
Page 1 of 1