Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars

Go down 
+2
TaLoN
00Xtremeninja
6 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars Empty
PostSubject: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 4:52 pm

11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars Min11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars 128874966297042452

Quote :
Mike Modano is the last remaining tie to the Minnesota North Stars still playing in the National Hockey League. The best American-born hockey player of all time went from beloved North Star to the Minnesota Wild’s first public enemy after he expressed doubt that hockey could survive in Minnesota. Time has healed those wounds, and the majority of Minnesota now looks at Modano with a great deal of respect for what he has accomplished in his illustrious career. Modano, who was activated from injured reserve earlier this week, could be making one of his last appearances on the Xcel Energy Center ice.

The Wild has bigger concerns than a possible Modano swan song. The home club has to erase the memory of a frustrating 5-2 loss to Vancouver on Wednesday night, and earn some points before a four-game road trip out east next week. Kyle Brodziak became the first Wild player to score two goals in a game on Wednesday, twice cutting two-goal Vancouver leads to one.

The Stars hosted the Canucks last night and pulled out a 2-1 win on the strength of goals from Brad Richards and Brendan Morrow. Marty Turbo earned the win by stopping 33 of 34 shots.

Ticket Information

A limited amount of tickets are still available for tonight’s game. To purchase tickets, click here.

Broadcast Information

Wild vs. Stars will be broadcast locally on KSTC-TV Channel 45 at 7:00 PM. The game can be heard on 830 WCCO AM, or online at Wild.com.

Click here to receive Minnesota Wild broadcast alerts/game day previews each Wild Game day

If You’re Going

Tonight, fans will receive the second of six commemorative Minnesota Hockey patches. Tonight’s patch commemorates the first-ever professional hockey game played in the State of Hockey.

Meet The Stars

We all know about Modano in these parts, but if the Stars are going to win their second Stanley Cup, it’s going to be because of a new cast of characters. While veteran Richards is the centerpiece, the future of this franchise will be James Neal and Jamie Benn. Neal, who leads the Stars with nine goals, will not be in the lineup tonight due to a pulled groin.

The Stars remain solid on the defensive end, led by goaltender Turco, who was stellar in last night’s one-goal victory. Turco’s status for tonight’s game won’t be decided until after Dallas’ optional morning skate today.

Who’s Hot?

Brodziak has three goals in the last two games, and all have come off rebounds when the big center crashes the net. The Wild has been sorely lacking net crashers in games this year, and it will need more of it from Brodziak, and everybody else.

Tonight’s Storyline

Could this be one of the last times we see Modano at Xcel Energy Center? The Stars won’t be back to St. Paul until April 10, the last regular season game of the year.

Keep An Eye On

Nik Backstrom admittedly did not have his best game in a Wild uniform on Thursday night, but the unflappable Finn is known for his ability to shake off bad goals or poor performances. If Backstrom gets the start tonight, expect a rebound performance.

Probable Wild Line Combos

Eric Belanger missed yesterday’s practice after leaving Wednesday’s game with an upper body injury. Belanger did skate today and appears ready to go. If he can’t skate, Benoit Pouliot will take his place:

Brunette-Koivu-Miettinen
Sykora-Belanger-Havlat
Kobasew-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Boogaard-Sheppard-Nolan

Probable Defensive Pairings

Zanon-Zidlicky
Burns-Schultz
Hnidy-Scott

Between The Pipes

Indications from today’s morning skate are that Backstrom will get the start tonight.

View From The Press Box

If Belanger is unable to go, Richards won’t have to scratch anybody from the lineup. If he can play, it’s likely that Pouliot or James Sheppard will be scratched.

The Infirmary

Kim Johnsson (upper body) practiced with the team yesterday, but won’t play tonight. Belanger (upper body) is expected to play. Pierre-Marc Bouchard (concussion) also will not play.

Richards’ Quote of the Day

“The one thing you’ve got to focus on is, ‘How are you going to score goals?’ The formula’s really pretty easy, pretty basic. Go to the front of the net, because that is where the puck is coming.”

-- Todd Richards, on how James Sheppard (and others) can help the team by scoring goals

Honorary State of Hockey Residents

D Matt Niskanen played his high school hockey for Virginia-Mountain Iron-Buhl, and spent two years with Minnesota Duluth. C Toby Petersen starred for Bloomington Jefferson in the mid nineties. C Modano, as mentioned, helped lead the North Stars to the 1991 Stanley Cup Finals.

Worthless Stat

Havlat has scored seven goals in nine career games against Marty Turco.

Havlat finally gives a shit and scores 2.

Wild win it 3-1

Last edited by 00Xtremeninja on Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2009 5:45 pm

You need to update those probable line combos... Shep isn't playing and Pouls is! Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:15 am

bah, took it right from the Wild homepage
Back to top Go down
Wildforcup10

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:37 am

Nice win tonight! Sign of big things to come?

Maybe gettting Sheppard out of the lineup was a big difference maker 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars 553245
Back to top Go down
OldTimeHockey

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 3:48 am

Yeah but Pouliot was out, and Shep was in for the back to back wins last week. So that throws your theory out the window. Wink
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 4:05 am

Havlat still blows. He's impacted one win(or game) this year for his 5 million. Belanger played like he shouldn't of played, but then again him at ~40% is as good as Sheppard has been playing. Pouliot's still flying, but he still lacks confidence, as seen by his constant fumbling of the puck that got him sent down last year, but the effort should be enough to keep Sheppard out of the lineup for him, hell he almost got a goal tonight. Or if Sykora is out awhile a decision is not needed to keep Pouls in. Boogaard didn't take a stupid penalty or get a - tonight, I guess that means it was his best game this year! That must be why the Wild won, Boogaard didn't cause a goal! Then again Dallas did outscore the Wild tonight, its just unfortunate 2 of theirs were on their own net, where we only scored one on ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Wildforcup10

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 12:52 pm

yea but shep didn't do anything those games either! Very Happy

OldTimeHockey wrote:
Yeah but Pouliot was out, and Shep was in for the back to back wins last week. So that throws your theory out the window. Wink
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 pm

i about shit myself when i saw Boogy on the tail end of that PP with his Nolan line. He did get one or two chances to shoot and he did. Horray? All I know is if he scored a goal, that place would have come crashing down.

Havlat looked to be SHOOTING more and not passing as much. He still needs to wake up and get shit done.

I say let Pouls play to build his confidence. He has more talent and skill than Shep. Anyone else laugh when they announced Shep was a scratch?
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 1:23 pm

Wildforcup10 wrote:
Nice win tonight! Sign of big things to come?

Maybe gettting Sheppard out of the lineup was a big difference maker 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars 553245
When they announced the scratches, Sheppard being announced as a scratch got a huge cheer! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gnarkill

Gnarkill

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:21 pm

Hey guys! like this new little setup! couldn't get used to posting with a new name over at the new wild board.

It was a good game! nice to finally see some solid effort out of a few people, and did I see Boogey actually crash the net a couple times!? thats something new haha.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2009 7:44 pm

i figured the cheers were coming from the people who post on the boards when they heard Shep was a scratch lol.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2009 11:19 am

oh, and my highlight of the night was watching the Zidlicky "goal". saw the whole thing develop from up above. hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars   11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

11/7 GDT Wild vs Stars
Page 1 of 1