Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers Empty
PostSubject: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 9:36 pm

Their the damn Oilers, they don't deserve a solid GDT. Fuck em
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:30 am

Just getting to break here at work, see it's tied up at 1 towards the end of the 3rd...
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:55 am

Pfft... Oil wins in a shootout. Hurray Backstrom! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:56 am

When will they stop letting Miettinen shoot in the shootouts. Seriously, I don't know of another player who comes right down the ice, opens up his body, then flicks a little wimpy shot 5-hole 2 inches off the ice. The sad thing is it has actually worked a couple times, I wouldn't of been fooled by that weak shit.
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:12 am

Wild In-Game and Post-Game article

Wild effort arrives too little too late in frustrating 2-1 shootout road loss to lowly Edmonton

Written by Derek Felska
Friday, 05 March 2010 09:47

Mortal Kombat, the popular video game first appeared 1992, it was a fighting game which set itself apart from other fighting games for its level of gore and deadly finishing moves where the character would mutilate its helpless opponent and earn bonus points for doing so. While hockey can be a violent game it pales in comparison to the violence in this video game, but there is a key element that the Minnesota Wild should take heed to. Right now, the Edmonton Oilers are the equivalent of that helpless opponent with the fans of the State of Hockey telling their team to "Finish Him." The Oilers are horrible with the worst record in the NHL and seem to be a team in need of a giant house cleaning and Edmonton attempted to do just that during the trade deadline dealing away Steve Staios, Denis Grebeshkov, and Lubomir Visnovsky in the process. Strange coaching decisions by Head Coach Pat Quinn to give token ice time to leading scorers Sam Gagner and Gilbert Brule have many Oilers fans wondering if the most important change might be one behind the bench, but Edmonton General Manager Steve Tambellini does not seem to be any hurry to revise that situation. The Wild need to show that killer instinct and finish off an opponent that is already dead in the water. Minnesota doesn't have to rip out Edmonton's spine or their heart, but a good fast start to take an early lead would be greatly appreciated.

This is your classic trap game where the expectations are that this should be "easy" but these are the sorts of games that really will challenge the Wild's focus after earning a big victory over the Flames on Wednesday night. Prior to the game, James Sheppard gave some sage advice (no nothing to do with his knowing all he needed to know about hockey since he was 3 years old) saying that the Wild need to look beyond the stats and just focus on taking care of business and playing as best as they can. To use another video game reference, to lose to the Oilers at this point would be about as disappointing as losing to Glass Joe on the old Nintendo game Mike Tyson's Punch Out. The best advice is to not to get caught up being fancy or showing off and instead just focus on knocking them out early and moving forward with the rest of their season. So will the Wild obliterate Glass Joe (the Oilers) or will Edmonton catch Minnesota looking forward to its next game and deliver a devastating and embarrassing upset? (click on the link for the rest of the article)

There is a complete in-game and post-game as well as full Aeros post-game report from their game Wednesday as well as a high school hockey run down. Pathetic effort and just in case anyone cares I start my first two paragraphs BEFORE the game starts. Just sayin'...
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 6:18 am

piss poor effort by the wild is what i heard, i slept most of the game broke me reliable laptop now i have to fix it, but yeah we can't play these gimme games, we are now 5pts out.

Calgary on sunday, fla on tuesday we should be able to win both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers   Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lackluster of a GDT for Wild vs Oilers
Page 1 of 1