Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3/16 Oilers @ Wild

Go down 
+3
sqare
Dee Oh Cee
TaLoN
7 posters
AuthorMessage
TaLoN

TaLoN

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:58 pm

damnit.. Sheppard is playing...
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Damn I'm kinda disappointed I wanted to see the new guy...oh well hopefully see him sometime in the next few games.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:49 pm

Quick first period eh? Nice deflection from Ebbet and some nice work by the 4th line...keep it up and we'll get a few more for sure.
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:47 pm

That's a WTF call for both...
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Yeah that's BS...can't believe they would call the second one when one had already been called....I hardly ever see that happen.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:58 pm

And it costs us a goal...awesome.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:06 pm

ANOTHER bullshit call...the ref who can't see the holding the stick calls a hooking
Back to top Go down
sqare

sqare

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 pm

Yeah, this is why I hate being the NW division. Not because of travel, not because of the goal tending...

We have three canadian teams in our division. It seems that when the refs are canadian and there's one canadian team, the calls get a little lopsided.

Not just the wild. I noticed this when I was watching the LA kings and Boston (a lot) play earlier this year.
Back to top Go down
http://bozak911.blogspot.com/
KillerCarlson

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 pm

Harding and Wild put it all together in important 4-2 home victory over the Oilers

Written by Derek Felska
Tuesday, 16 March 2010 07:26

Not that you particularly would care, but this weekend I found myself singing the Journey classic Don't Stop Believin' in front of a bunch of strangers via a karoke microphone and for whatever reason the lyrics are still in my head, "Working hard to get my fill, Everybody wants a thrill, Paying anything to roll the dice, Just one more time, Some will win, some will lose, Some were born to sing the blues, Oh the movie never ends, It goes on and on and on and on." Its a classic song that sports arenas play as they encourage crowds to take part in during a stoppage in play. But of course its refrain of "Don't stop believin', hold onto that feeling" which is appropriate for the Wild as try to convince itself and its fans that it still has a chance at the post season. With victories in their last two games, the Wild have built up at least some good feelings but that could all be for naught if they play terribly against the Edmonton Oilers tonight. The last time the two teams played, the Wild delivered a half-hearted performance against the Oilers and ended up feeling the heartbreak of a shootout loss. Minnesota cannot afford to give up an opportunity to earn 2 points.

Minnesota decided to add some talent by signing University of Massachusetts star centerman Casey Wellman to a 2-year, $1.8 million deal. Could we see his debut in a Wild uniform tonight? Will the Wild keep its fans singing that refrain from Don't Stop Believin' or will they be singing the refrain to the Bloodhound Gang's Fire Water Burn? (Look it up if you can't remember it or don't know.)

Click on the linkWild vs. Oilers and an Aeros weekend / season summary
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:00 am

hello my name is jimmy pop and i'm a dumb white guy, i'm not old or new but 5th grade like junior high..................

i can't wait to get this new kid on the ice. with how much hype there was around him and knowing this could be Sheps potential replacement I wanna see what he brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
lolwat

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:34 am

Sheppard, Nolan, Earl, don't really care which one Wellman replaces. Clutterbuck and Kobasew would be ideal wingers for him in his first game IMO, playing him with Nolan might make him nervous and Boogaard/Earl/Sheppard can hold back a line.
Back to top Go down
Dee Oh Cee

Dee Oh Cee

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 11:50 am

I'm guessing he'll either play one of Thursday or Friday since it's back to back games....I doubt he'll play both...but honestly what the hell do I know.

I just want to see John Scott outttta there....too bad Stoner had that injury or he could have gotten some very useful experience up here...

I think Sifers has done fine in his replacement role though...even though he's a tiny guy out there on D.

I want this next year:

Zanon Zidlicky (I guess)
Burns Barker
Stoner Schultz

Hooray for alliterations Very Happy
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Wellman won't be replacing shepp, he is going to be tried as a center for Havlat and Lats, our 3rd line is very good with Brodz centering it and they have chemistry.

What this means is PMB is the odd man out, shepp is gone prolly via trade or just not reupping him, but if Wellman plays to a #2 center potential, that means either PMB is a wing on koivu line or he's gone.
Back to top Go down
TaLoN

TaLoN

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 pm

PMB is only gone if he retires. His missed time due to concussion along with his contract have him virtually untradable. It would cost too much to buy him out, so he'll be back on wing if he comes back... doing his spin-o-rama towards the boards and passing it back to the point as usual.

Hoo-ray for the 2nd assist! Razz

Wellman is absolutely the guy who could end Sheppard's time on the Wild roster. Thus he would be Shep's replacement.
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:25 pm

if wellman ended sheps time here, i would be the first one in line to buy a wellman jersey, shirt (in both green and red), hat, thong, and sweatshirt.
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
TaLoN

TaLoN

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 11:58 pm

Admit it, you're just looking for an excuse to buy a thong for yourself...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3/16 Oilers @ Wild Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3/16 Oilers @ Wild   3/16 Oilers @ Wild I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3/16 Oilers @ Wild
Page 1 of 1