Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Junior Prospects report

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
forthewild

forthewild

Junior Prospects report Empty
PostSubject: Junior Prospects report   Junior Prospects report I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:56 am

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/12073/wild_junior_prospects200910_review/

getting Hackett in the 3rd might have been a steal, Halua better keep it up during college and Bjorn Krupp a -42 and we though Burnsie had a bad +\-

so yeah we have some bright spots, Hackett if he continues to play well has starting goalie written all over him, he is what 2 years away form being NHL ready. Especially if we do get the Finnish monster we would be very deep at the goalie position.

I see Scandella with the team next year while Cuma gets another year to develop in a lesser league.

and one player i'm excited as all hell about is Haula, why? well he played in Minni so you know if he makes i'll be singing the "one of our own tune" and well he was a 7th round pick which is always nice
Back to top Go down
lolwat

PostSubject: Re: Junior Prospects report   Junior Prospects report I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Hackett won't ever be a high end starter, and the Finnish monster, who cares, these highly touted undrafted early-20 Euros haven't had success yet(Leino, Brunnstrum, Gustavsson). Krupp, I'm not sure anyone knows exactly why GMCF decided to sign him last year. Scandella has a chance to make the team next year, the key is to make him earn a spot, rather than the DR way of handing him a spot. Cuma has that same chance.

Haula, technically is a Finn, not a Minnesotan Wink . Size is a question, but skating is not. Not sure how he fell so much, which makes me think a guy like Pulkinnen this year could slip quite a bit, as he has on the rankings all year.
Back to top Go down
forthewild

forthewild

PostSubject: Re: Junior Prospects report   Junior Prospects report I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

Haula played at Shattuck and will play at the U he's an honorary one of us Wink

Monster 1.0 has actually looked good, don't be fooled by TOR they had a piss poor d this year he looks solid with a good amount of potential. Goalies take a bit of time to mature so at 19 a guy might look bad but as he grows up and matures. besides a prospect is a prospect and a free prospect is always good.

And from an interview GMCF is not going to hand out spots, i think the reason Wellman was on the 4th line is to make him earn his ice time, to make him show the staff he's going to work his ass off, and he did he really impressed.

I remember him saying he might sign a Dman this summer just to make the rookies have to earn a spot.

Krupp was a prospect, maybe a late bloomer maybe GMCF saw some potential in him, so he decided to give him a chance we didn't spend a pick on him so if he fails no big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junior Prospects report   Junior Prospects report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Junior Prospects report
Page 1 of 1