Minnesota Hockey Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tired Of The Old Message Boards? Want A Format That Works? An Admin Team That Listens? Welcome Home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prospects Tourny

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bear

Prospects Tourny  Empty
PostSubject: Prospects Tourny    Prospects Tourny  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 5:15 pm

Doesn't anyone care?
Back to top Go down
KillerCarlson

Prospects Tourny  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospects Tourny    Prospects Tourny  I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Prospects Tourny review...tracker...

Forget about football fans of Minnesota, hockey is almost back and the news of success of Wild prospects offers something more positive to follow

Written by Derek Felska
Monday, 13 September 2010 11:17

As we start to see the season begin to transform the landscape of green to brown it harkens many to be thinking about holidays like Thanksgiving or Halloween. For some they may see this change as a sign that its the start of football season, where the fans find a nice comfortable place to watch their favorite team(s) battle it out on Saturday and Sunday. That sounds all well and good until you consider what sort of football most of the fans in the State of Hockey have been afflicted to. With no offense to the many high school, Division II and Division III programs in the state I am of course referring to the poor starts of the University of Minnesota and to a lesser extent the Minnesota Vikings. I promise, I will only touch on either of these two embattled organizations rather briefly before I begin my main point. It started on Thursday as the heavily hyped NFL Kickoff to the 2010-11 season matched up the Minnesota Vikings and the defending champion New Orleans Saints. After giving up a quick score to New Orleans the Vikings defense stepped up and kept Minnesota in the game, but Brett Favre had difficulty finding open guys as neither Percy Harvin or Bernard Berrian could find open space while Adrian Peterson had rather average first game which was disheartening 14-9 loss. If you thought the vanishing act of the Vikings recievers or vaunted pass rusher Jared Allen was impressive that was nothing in comparison to the complete disappearance of the Golden Gophers defense in their game against Division I-AA opponent South Dakota University. Minnesota found itself down 28-10 at one point to their neighbor to the west and the Big 10 representative was thoroughly embarrassed by the Coyotes Dante Warren who was making just his 2nd start of his college football career as he shredded the the rodents for 358 yards through the air and another 81 on the ground as South Dakota rolled to an 41-31 victory. Heavily criticized Head Coach Tim Brewster has stated he acknowledges the fans' frustration when he told the Minneapolis Star Tribune, "There's such a deep-seated skepticism about our program, because there hasn't been a championship since 1967. That's a long time. So I have empathy with our fans who want to win a championship." If you didn't know they were talking about the Minnesota Golden Gophers football program you could be forgiven if someone thought he was referring to the Toronto Maple Leafs but I digress. So are you sick of the programs not living up to the hype? If you are tired of the empty cliches and disappointing football teams its time to embrace hockey. Why not embrace the Wild and even though they're not playing, its prospects are busy playing in the annual Traverse City NHL Center I.C.E. Tournament. (click on the link for the rest of the article)

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
00Xtremeninja
Admin
00Xtremeninja

Prospects Tourny  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospects Tourny    Prospects Tourny  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 am

^^KC DOES!
Back to top Go down
https://minnesotahockey.forumotion.com
bear

Prospects Tourny  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospects Tourny    Prospects Tourny  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:51 am

Yes he does thanks KC good read.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prospects Tourny  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prospects Tourny    Prospects Tourny  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prospects Tourny
Page 1 of 1